Brownlow Medal 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Put majority of the $ on Goodes, then hedged the rest with Pendles. Here's hoping either Goodes or Pendles gets up! Anyway, thanks for the responses guys.

EDIT: If you guys care about the odds Goodes was at 9.00 and Pendles 7.00.

Only one in front was Judd at 1.63

Centrebet odds. Was shorter then some of the ones quoted but did not have the time/patience to sign up with another agency.

Anybody else think there has been a massive over reaction to Goodes's last 2 games?

I have given him overs all year due to his freak polling history and still don't have him within 4 of the lead.

I think Vonn has more money than we thought :eek:

Still $10 on sportingbet.

Swan/Pendles both at $7.50 there :confused:

Lol, nah. It's moreso that I held back on some bets during the H&A which I regretted and didn't want to wait for brownlow night with only a half-arsed $5 bet and get say a measly $40 return. Win big I say! :D

Anybody else think there has been a massive over reaction to Goodes's last 2 games?

I have given him overs all year due to his freak polling history and still don't have him within 4 of the lead.

I'm not a big subscriber of stats but on stats alone he dominated the Brisbane game, BOG by a mile. Geelong game BOG is debateable. Mainly cause I forgot, but would have done enough to get something. I think he once polled 3 when we lost and he had 14 disposals. That's the umpires for you :rolleyes:

Does anyone give Murphy a chance of getting a vote for the Carlton v St Kilda match ? A fair bit of disagreement on the Carlton board about who was their best.

Lol, nah. It's moreso that I held back on some bets during the H&A which I regretted and didn't want to wait for brownlow night with only a half-arsed $5 bet and get say a measly $40 return. Win big I say! :D

I'm not a big subscriber of stats but on stats alone he dominated the Brisbane game, BOG by a mile. Geelong game BOG is debateable. Mainly cause I forgot, but would have done enough to get something. I think he once polled 3 when we lost and he had 14 disposals. That's the umpires for you :rolleyes:

Nah i agree he will get either 5 or 6 votes the last 2 games but i just think that because of those 2 games being so recent everyone has only remembered that and he is a false second favourite. How Judd/Goodes is the quinella equal favourite is amazing imo.

Nah i agree he will get either 5 or 6 votes the last 2 games but i just think that because of those 2 games being so recent everyone has only remembered that and he is a false second favourite. How Judd/Goodes is the quinella equal favourite is amazing imo.

Perhaps. He is leading our POTY by a mile if that counts for anything, hasnt' been flashy but has been very consistent and has had some BOG games early, which is not Goodes like. Might not be BOG during Sydney's bad patch but has done enough to get a 1 or a 2 in some games where Sydney have won, but you just never know with the umpires. Who would you have as a second favourite?

He's 2nd favorite because the sonofabitch that runs the phantom brownlow site has connections with the bookies. Goodes is 2nd on their count hence a 2nd fav. If anyone has posted their votes on there don't ****ing use them next year or we will be in the same mess we are now. It's obviously too late to do anything now but for ****s sake do your own count and keep it to yourself. That's all I will say on the matter.

I think there has been an over-reaction to his last two games

Here are Goodes, Centrebet Odds, following his last few matches ...

R19 - $34.00
R20 - $21.00
R21 - $26.00
R22 - $26.00
R23 - $16.00
R24 - $9.00

S.Thompson, Judd, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Selwood, Ablett, Mitchell, Moloney, NDS, Goodes, Priddis are the ones i like the most.

Really unsure about the Roos, Tigers and Port but that seems where you could find some value. What are peoples thoughts on these teams. I think Cotchin would have captured the eye. Roos have 3-4 guys that could win but i think Swallow will. Port is where the value is Boak, Westhoff or someone else?

Watson and Boyd are not worth the bet.

Really unsure about Brisbane with unknown commodities in Rocky and Redden both had very good years along with Black.

Thoughts

I think there has been an over-reaction to his last two games

Here are Goodes, Centrebet Odds, following his last few matches ...

R19 - $34.00
R20 - $21.00
R21 - $26.00
R22 - $26.00
R23 - $16.00
R24 - $9.00
I think it's as much that Goodes had a good spell as the other top contenders didn't ahve a great final month

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon he's a good chance to get 15 votes in the last 6 games. Only game he won't poll anything in is the Richmond game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow Medal 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back