Brownlow Medal 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Have just put some small amounts on Sydney into Stanton (top 3 brownlow) paying 381-1

Havnt done much work into the brownlow this year due to time but will soon. I think hes a good candidate but it will be hard and hes paying overs for me.

Hanneberry also stakes his claim although i think votes will spread too much for the swans

Ablett will win the brownlow only 2 things can stop him

1) Jobe Watson
2) Injury

Nothing else. GC losing by 10 goals and Gaz playing well means 3 votes, just look at last year let alone winning and not having Bennell play means also 3 votes (Clearly).

Have just put some small amounts on Sydney into Stanton (top 3 brownlow) paying 381-1

Havnt done much work into the brownlow this year due to time but will soon. I think hes a good candidate but it will be hard and hes paying overs for me.

Was gonna wait a week because i knew Stants wouldnt do much vs Carlton, but doubt id get better then 26-1 odds for him

Swans at $6 looks very juicy now

Stanton top 3? And pigs might fly.
Bet you also didny think he was leading it at one point last year and within a.bote half way through the season hes been just as good whilst jobe has probably been just off his last year performances albeit not by much. ill be looking to lay with the great odda i got for both sides to the.multi. easy money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was about the same last year with many vote counters

I by no means think he will absolutely, i saw value and ill probably lay for a tidy win

I think there are a very strong 4-5 this year so far (Ablett, Jobe, Dangerfield, Hanneberry (now), Pendlebury/SJ)

bit late with round 10 and 11 votes

BRIS v COLL

3. D Swan (Coll)
2. P Seedsman (Coll)
1. L Ball (Coll)

CARL v GWS

3. A Walker (Carl)
2. B. McLean (Carl)
1. J. Garlett (Carl)

ADEL v FREO

3. M Barlow (Freo)
2. R. Sloane (Adel)
1. M. Johnson (Fre)

SYD v ESS

3. J. McVeigh (Syd)
2. J, Kennedy (Syd)
1. K. Jack (Syd)

GEEL v GC

3. G. Ablett (GC)
2. J Bartel (Geel)
1. N Vardy (Geel)

WB v PORT

3. R Griffen (WB)
2. W Minson (WB)
1. T Liberatore (WB)

MELB v HAW

3. B Sewell (Haw)
2 L Bruest (Haw)
1 S Burgoyne (Haw)

NM v ST K

3. T Goldstein (NM)
2. A Black (NM)
1 D Petrie (NM)

WC v RICH

3 B Deledio (Rich)
2 D Martin (Rich)
1 N Vlastuin

ROUND 10 LEADERBOARD:

17 G Ablett (GC)
15 J Watson (Ess)
13 D Hannebery (Syd), B Deledio (Rich)
12 P Dangerfield (Adel)
11 R Sloane (Adel), S Johnson (Geel), M Murphy (Carl)
10 T Boak (PA), A Swallow (NM)

ROUND 11

ESS v CARL
3. J Waite (Carl)
2. D Heppell (Ess)
1. B Gibbs (Carl)

GWS v GEEL

3. J Selwood (Geel)
2 S Johnson (Geel)
1 J Cameron (GWS)

ADEL v SYD

3. D Hannebery (Syd)
2 R O'Keefe (Syd)
1 K Jack (Syd)

GC v NM

3. G Ablett (GC)
2 D Prestia (GC)
1 B Cunnington (NM)

ST K v WCE

3 S Selwood (WCE)
2 D Armitage (St K)
1 S Milne (St K)

MELB v COLL

3 D Swan (Coll)
2 S Pendlebury (Coll)
1 B McCaffer (Coll)

LEADERBOARD

20 G Ablett (GC)
16 D Hannebery (Syd)
15 J Watson (Ess)
13 B Deledio (Rich), S Johnson (Geel)
12 J Selwood (Geel), P Dangerfield (Adel)
11 R Sloane (Adel), M Murphy (Carl)

Nice thread guys. So it looks like the general consensus is Ablett will be leading (and rightfully so) while Hannebery and Watson most likely to be second and third.

Hannebery has been fantastic this season, but do you guys think he could be one of those players who could go under the radar and not pick up votes, even when he should? I just looked him up and he has polled just 10 times in 81 H&A matches. Sure he has stood out a lot this year, but something is just telling me to tread carefully with him at the moment. If this is the case, then Ablett at $2.50 currently looks a steal.

Watson is one to watch in coming weeks too. As a poster above said, Essendon have a dream draw coming up and he has the potential to start polling well. The game on Saturday night is crucial, if he can poll 3 votes, or at least poll and Ablett is quiet, expect a market shakeup come Monday morning. You can get $10 about him at the moment, this might be the longest odds you get on him all season.

I do a running leaderboard every 4 rounds so won't have mine up until after this round. But I can, looking at the votes, that Ablett in front of Hannebery and Watson is looking very likely.

I'd say now would be a better time than any to get on Watson at $9.

Essendon have a pretty good draw after the bye - while key injuries to Gold Coast and general fatigue should see them slow down significantly. The continued improvement of O'Meara, the return of Bennell and (from a team perspective) the return of Hunt in the middle may take away from GAJ's one-man-team style.

I think the chances of Watson finishing top two are very high, and he should be within 6-7 votes of Gary (worst case) at this stage.

While GAJ should still be outright favourite - the $9 on offer, for me, is worth the chance that GAJ will drop off along with the Suns (who, admittedly, do still have some soft games in the second half) while Watson will soldier on regardless of what happens to his team (like last year), and in the even that they keep winning, he should poll tremendously.

What are peoples thoughts this week? With Ablett going up against Watson in the Bombers-Suns match, it was a crucial match. I think Ablett will poll ahead of Watson but it is a tough one to call given Gold Coast were pumped.

Also Patrick Dangerfield may poll 2 or 3 votes this week too, so that seriously puts him in contention. Swan is starting to come good too, cant believe he is odds of $21 at the moment. Should have a couple of best on grounds the past fortnight.

Ablett now just $2.00 so it is getting a bit short now. Hopefully with the bye this week and then a few quiet games afterwards, his odds might start to drift out. Watson and the Bombers have a few easy games coming up too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow Medal 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back