Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * ACT Bar clears former DPP head Shane Drumgold of misconduct

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
Haha! You mentioned them first!! :tongueclosed:

But of course it doesn't mean the extreme, but your statement is obviously extreme in it's own right. Reynolds has stated multiple times that she just wants a hecken apology.

I'm struggling to work out why that is so difficult, let alone it being "evil", let alone it being "pure evil".
No she doesn't

bh.JPG

Because she already got one is as still going for more.

I'd imagine that criminal charges of defamation are extremely rare. And they won't happen against a rape victim.

But if Brown and Reynolds launched civil action against Higgins and 10, they would win and that would be for the crime of defamation.

Criminal charges against Higgins won't arise and it's not because she's a rape victim. It's because they don't apply in this situation.

The location has nothing to do with it, but it still made her look bad in the media and public and she seems to put all that blame on the 'lying cow'.

Well shame on those in the ‘media’ and the ‘public’ for thinking that then.

Most people aren’t that stupid to think the location of a crime means the owner of that location is complicit in the crime.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The implication seemingly is that Reynolds gave BL a nod and a wink to use her office for his activities. If it happened at BL's home, would you be casting aspersions on his land-lord?

You just made that up.

Nobody suggested Reynolds gave BL a nod and a wink to use her office to party in or any other activity.

Well shame on those in the ‘media’ and the ‘public’ for thinking that then.

Most people aren’t that stupid to think the location of a crime means the owner of that location is complicit in the crime.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes, she should be going after them rather then Brittany.

That doesn't help her real agenda though does it.

As soon as Justice Lee found she was r*ped, the media was straight into how much money she 'stole' from the 'tax payer'.

What planet have you been living on?

The majority of the media echoed Justin Quill and Lisa Wilkinson's claims of vindication. That they "won"!

It was such an issue that Justice Lee spent a heap of time dressing them down in the costings hearing and then used the opening of his costings verdict to explain why Network 10 and their lawyers were full of shit. It's the reason for the "predictability of an atomic clock" chestnut:

Paragraph 2 in the above is the precise issue in this entire case. There are more crimes than the initial crime.

You just made that up.

Nobody suggested Reynolds gave BL a nod and a wink to use her office to party in or any other activity.
I just ignore the imaginary bits of his replies.

Whilst I agree she will never be charged, Lee did find that Higgins testimony was sketchy at best and downright lies at worst.

Her sworn testimony was lies?

You might find yourself at risk of defamation here.

Linda Reynolds says she's been the victim of 'vile trolling' over Brittany Higgins case as defamation trial continues

In March, Justice Marcus Solomon issued orders for the parties to meet face to face, which saw the pair fly in from France, where they now live, to meet with Senator Reynolds.​
Mr Sharaz has since indicated, through his lawyers, he doesn't wish to continue to fight Senator Reynolds and is desperate to achieve a settlement.​
Meanwhile, the court has heard Ms Higgins' mental health is so bad her lawyers were at one point unable to get her instruction to prepare for trial.​
Is the aim to push Higgins to suicide?
This is so hateful to the point of being evil.

It gives you a pretty good idea of how Reynolds would have treated Higgins, and why Higgins would have felt pressured to drop the claim.

Higgins will never have justice, and so many people just want to twist the knife in her back.
I agree I think the vile troll here is Reynolds herself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I don't want to be the one to initiate Godwin's law here, but is someone who's demonstrably had false allegations made about them and is basically just wanting a rejigged act of contrition really engaging in "pure evil"??

Because she already got one is as still going for more.

Higgins' statement showed contrition, but also carefully worded to ensure plausible deniability.

It's not that hard to get her lawyers to rejig it a bit.

Was Albrechtsen the first to write an article after the verdict, telling everyone to focus on the money Higgins 'stole' from the 'tax payer'?

It's amazing how much influence she has over not only the national coverage of this, but also the judicial system.

I wonder why she is so desperate to prevent Higgins from getting justice?

On the conspiracy end, pretty lucky that when the jury was going to find Lehrmann guilty, that the court officer happened accidentally trip over and find prejudicial documents owned by a juror... That caused the need for a re-trial.
I wonder if what they found, was one of Albrechtsen's articles?

You just made that up.

Well why is there constant reference to the location when Reynolds is being criticized?
It is totally and utterly irrelevant.

Her sworn testimony was lies?

You might find yourself at risk of defamation here.
Lee's findings in his own words.

“Ms Brittany Higgins, Mr Lehrmann’s accuser, was also an unsatisfactory witness who made some allegations that made her a heroine to one group of partisans, but when examined forensically, have undermined her general credibility to a disinterested fact-finder.”

“In summary, and after having had the opportunity of observing Ms Higgins’ demeanour closely over approximately 4½ days and comparing her testimony to other documentary and oral evidence I accept as being cogent, it would be fair to describe her as a complex and, in several respects, unsatisfactory witness.

“Nuance is required in evaluating her evidence and any contentious or uncorroborated aspect needs to be scrutinised warily.”
“Higgins crafted a narrative accusing others of putting up roadblocks and forcing her two years earlier of having to choose between her career and seeking justice by making and pursuing a complaint.

“As I have already noted, this cover-up or victimisation allegation was perceived by The Project team as being the most important aspect of The Project program, and its deployment meant her account achieved much notoriety and public interest.

“What is notable about this aspect of the account of Ms Higgins is not only its inconsistency with the contemporaneous records and its falsities, particularly as to Ms Higgins’ dealings with Ms [Fiona] Brown, [Linda Reynolds’ former chief of staff], but also its imprecisions and its reliance upon speculation and conjecture.

“Eschewing specifics, and primarily concentrating upon her alleged feelings rather than the actions or words of others ...”

Lee's findings in his own words.

There rarely is a perfect witness. Lee's not referring to lies Higgins told in sworn testimony, he's referring to what she said in a pre-recorded Project interview.

Higgins didn't have to scramble to recant to avoid charges coming out of perjury in the Supreme Court like Reynolds did.

She doesn't want "I'm sorry Reynolds is hurting because we have different understanding of what happened", she wants and deserves "I'm sorry for defaming Reynolds, I was wrong".

Reynolds is trying to bully her in to that but if she goes against her perceptions at the time and makes that statement, Reynolds will seek damages in the millions.

Reynolds was known to have said yesterday that Higgins should not have been paid and criticised the Attorney General and the Finance Minister.

She's willing to threaten the economic safety of a rape victim on an agenda that isn't all about Higgins making potentially defamatory statements, which were her perceptions at the time.

Higgins' statement showed contrition, but also carefully worded to ensure plausible deniability.

It's not that hard to get her lawyers to rejig it a bit.
So Reynolds is spending millions in a defamation case, re-mortgaged her home for an apology to be re-jigged?

This was and has never been about an apology from Brittany

It's Reynolds who should be held to account for lying to the Supreme Court.

Higgins lied multiple times to multiple courts and via stat decs and unlike Reynolds has never corrected the record.

Carefully curated data being the obvious ones, including deleting text from her then boyfriend stating that she didn't want to proceed with a police complaint the day after speaking with them (can this please be added to the timeline?):

Then there is of course:

Attachments

• 1716346802432.png
    1716346802432.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 1
Higgins lied multiple times to multiple courts and via stat decs and unlike Reynolds has never corrected the record.

Carefully curated data being the obvious ones, including deleting text from her then boyfriend stating that she didn't want to proceed with a police complaint the day after speaking with them (can this please be added to the timeline?):

Then there is of course:

Curating data that's relevant to her case, isn't lying. Nor is presenting an image of a bruise as evidence when I heard her to say "I assumed that's when I got the bruise". The prosecution is going to want it whether she's absolutely sure or not and it goes in to evidence.

AT the end of it all, the substance of Higgins claim she was r*ped held up. Higgins was r*ped.

That's all that matters aside from Reynolds crying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * ACT Bar clears former DPP head Shane Drumgold of misconduct

Remove this Banner Ad

Back