Bruce Lehrmann revealed as man charged with two counts of rape in Toowoomba

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF? He's now trying to say there are different kinds of rape?

Time to pack it in Brucey boy, you're cooked...
There are. Confusion about consent on the one end, and premeditated stalking and attacking violently somewhere towards the other end of the scale.

It's why we have different maximum prison sentences for assault and aggravated assault occasioning bodily harm.

There are. Confusion about consent on the one end, and premeditated stalking and attacking violently somewhere towards the other end of the scale.

It's why we have different maximum prison sentences for assault and aggravated assault occasioning bodily harm.
Yes, granted ………. but ………..

This issue is he’s always denied any sex took place. Seems he’s now saying it did happen but it was the garden variety "non-violent rape involving inadvertent recklessness as to consent” as found by Justice Lee, rather than something more violent as described by The Project. The point of difference he seems to be arguing is that Ten’s account was defamatory but what
he now says he did wasn’t.

Yes, granted ………. but ………..

This issue is he’s always denied any sex took place. Seems he’s now saying it did happen but it was the garden variety "non-violent rape involving inadvertent recklessness as to consent” as found by Justice Lee, rather than something more violent as described by The Project. The point of difference he seems to be arguing is that Ten’s account was defamatory but what
he now says he did wasn’t.
Precisely! In essence, if he continues with this line of appeal he will be essentially admitting he committed perjury.

But in this case we're talking absolute semantics. If these reports are to be believed, Lehrmann is suggesting that despite being found to, on balance of probability, have committed rape, that he has still been defamed because of the perceived "severity" of said rape (I have used inverted commas there deliberately, I agree with your point that there are actually magnitudes of rape, but I don't believe that makes any difference in this situation).

This article is interesting.

This bit in particlular …….

The notice also pointed to the differences in the account of the incident suggested by The Project interview and the description in the recent judgment.

"The broadcast suggests a violent rape, where the complainant was in tears and repeatedly refused consent, of which repeated refusal the perpetrator must have been aware," the notice said.

"This is contrary to the non-violent rape involving inadvertent recklessness as to consent which was ultimately found in the judgement made by the trial judge."

Thing is he’s always denied sex took place - is he now admitting it did ?
What is a “non-violent” rape? Is he even serious?

Also, why is he not in jail?

Lehrmann rolling up at the Toowoomba Court this morning for his committal hearing (lehrmann's the one in glasses - the other bearded chubby chap is his stunt double lawyer).

Lehrmann, now 29, has been charged with two counts of rape involving a woman he met on a night out in October 2021. The woman in the Toowoomba case cannot be named.

To decide whether Lehrmann should stand trial, the court will hear evidence surrounding what happened that night, and the actions of Lehrmann and the complainant in the days after.

During early proceedings, and legal argument, the prosecution sought to examine months of phone data from the complainant. The phone data, the prosecution said, ran to “many thousands of pages”.

Last edited:
Wow, just wow.

By the way, Linda Reynolds is STILL a serving Senator and Shadow Minister, earning $300k a year from taxpayers. Not that you would know it from the amount of time she's putting into taking down her former staffer and rape victim via court action.

Wow, just wow.

By the way, Linda Reynolds is STILL a serving Senator and Shadow Minister, earning $300k a year from taxpayers. Not that you would know it from the amount of time she's putting into taking down her former staffer and rape victim via court action.

Absolutely disgusting human being.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely disgusting human being.
Yep.

1721717748460.png

And I bet no one can guess what Australian newspaper columnist Liberal Senator Linda Reynolds allegedly leaked that confidential information about her former staffer and rape victim to?

Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 4.30.07 PM.png

Albrechtsen's role in the Bruce Lehrman rape trial, the subsequent discredited Sofronoff Inquiry, the subsequent failed Lehrmann defamation action and now this allegation of muck raking interference at the behest of a serving Liberal Senator surely signals the time has come for a full independent investigation of Albrechtsen and her employer for their role in this whole disgusting mess.

Yep.

View attachment 2056725

And I bet no one can guess what Australian newspaper columnist Liberal Senator Linda Reynolds allegedly leaked that confidential information about her former staffer and rape victim to?

View attachment 2056739

Albrechtsen's role in the Bruce Lehrman rape trial, the subsequent discredited Sofronoff Inquiry, the subsequent failed Lehrmann defamation action and now this allegation of muck raking interference at the behest of a serving Liberal Senator surely signals the time has come for a full independent investigation of Albrechtsen and her employer for their role in this whole disgusting mess.
Good luck with that

Yep.

View attachment 2056725

View attachment 2056739

I believe that The Monthly recently tasked Jonathan Green with writing a profile on JA and then spiked it at the last minute...

Yep.

View attachment 2056725

View attachment 2056739

I'd be staggered if the claim that leaking personal info to Albrectsen isn't considered harassment because it's the same information that Higgins has holds up in court.

Seriously it's ok because we are just leaking info that you have.

Christ, this was our former defence minister.

Linda Reynolds will be happy, her image is coming through loud and clear, although I'm not sure she wanted everyone to see who she really is this clearly.

This might help stop her leaks
funny face laugh GIF by Alpha

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Lehrmann revealed as man charged with two counts of rape in Toowoomba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back