Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

No, but its still ridiculous to suggest that you want a first round pick AND an under 23 best 22 player playing at first round pick level.
So you want two picks in the top 15 for Gibbs, a guy with 1x AA 1x B+F. You're acting like we're trying to get Chris Judd or something.

Arguably Lever will be as good as Wietering.

I actually tried to find equivalent under 23 players for Carlton but they are the only 2 that are any good.

FYI

Lever was bound to go top 5 in the draft but did his ACL 12 months earlier. Thats what made recruiters shy away from him.

Correct.

The Blues want to keep their pick 5 and surely they realise that Gibbs will not be a part of their next premiership team. But pick 5, Marchbank and Pickett are all a chance of that.

Let Gibbs go home, obviously there is personal reasons why he needs to come home that we are not all privy too. Show some compassion Carlton. Pick 13 for Gibbs alone is fair remuneration. Crows may offer a second rounder and while that would be overs, I can accept that too.
If getting home for personal reasons is his highest priority I would understand and would try and get him home for a fair trade but as soon as he nominated a club any sympathy for him goes out the window.

Gibbs is Carlton's best player that is why he is worth so much to lose in this case

If Goldstein goes it will be for more than pick 12
King Joffrey from Abu Dhabi owns a Ferrari and he's selling it for 500k, he considers it his best car.
Average Joe owns a skyline and wants you to pay 500k cos it's his best car and thinks you should pay him the same amount as the King is asking cos they are both selling their best cars regardless of the fact Joffreys car is worth 500k and Joes car is worth 50k.
Would you do that deal?

No I'm not high before you ask. I couldn't think of a better comparison lol

If getting home for personal reasons is his highest priority I would understand and would try and get him home for a fair trade but as soon as he nominated a club any sympathy for him goes out the window.

Port dont have any room in their salary cap space to accommodate him. Adelaide was his only logistical option.

In any case, we are offering you far more than what Port could. If anything Port's offer would have enhanced the value of ours. Its a pity that Port were not an option from a Crows point of view.

King Joffrey from Abu Dhabi owns a Ferrari and he's selling it for 500k, he considers it his best car.
Average Joe owns a skyline and wants you to pay 500k cos it's his best car and thinks you should pay him the same amount as the King is asking cos they are both selling their best cars regardless of the fact Joffreys car is worth 500k and Joes car is worth 50k.
Would you do that deal?

You publicly announced that King Joffreys Ferrari wants to be parked in your garage.

King Joffrey never even sold his car, nor does he want to.

Your problem.

Would you do that deal?

#SOSLogic

You publicly announced that King Joffreys Ferrari wants to be parked in your garage.

King Joffrey never even sold his car, nor does he want to.

Your problem.

But Joffrey has a bunch of newer cars to drive, he doesnt even need the ferrari anymore and in 3 years it will break down (plus Gibbs is the skyline not the ferrari)

Pick 13 and Lever is reasonable
735.gif

Can't help but laugh at those who equate AA nominations and B&F awards to the value of a footballer.

That's where you go when you've got absolutely no substance to your argument.

If you cant get B+F at Carlton then you arent worth much...

So really you're right Gibbs' B+F holds even less weight than some are saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port dont have any room in their salary cap space to accommodate him. Adelaide was his only logistical option.

In any case, we are offering you far more than what Port could. If anything Port's offer would have enhanced the value of ours. Its a pity that Port were not an option from a Crows point of view.
Exactly but if he came out and just said I need to get home to Adelaide for personal reasons I don't care where I go he would probably have every Carlton supporter happy about getting him home and a fair trade would get done. The way he has gone about it but who cares if we don't win a trade then why give him up

No, but its still ridiculous to suggest that you want a first round pick AND an under 23 best 22 player playing at first round pick level.
So you want two picks in the top 15 for Gibbs, a guy with 1x AA 1x B+F. You're acting like we're trying to get Chris Judd or something.

Arguably Lever will be as good as Wietering.

I actually tried to find equivalent under 23 players for Carlton but they are the only 2 that are any good.
Gibbs have never won AA honours... he has made the squad once and got picked for an International game.

Would you do that deal?

Props on the 'King Joffrey from Abu Dhabi' analogy lol but it really, really isn't a proper comparison to the Gibbs situation.

So many things do not equate.

God Port have stuffed up their cap. Adl clearly with the better list and then still space.

Can't help but laugh at those who equate AA nominations and B&F awards to the value of a footballer.

That's where you go when you've got absolutely no substance to your argument.
Agreed on AA but disagree on B&F.

Generally shows how you're rated internally? Though certainly you need to extend the analysis beyond just wins.

Exhibit A, ladies and gentlemen.

Of what?
You say B+Fs and AA mean nothing.

How do you get both of those things? By playing good consistent football.

Now has Bryce played good enough and consistent enough football to be All Australian? No
Has Bryce played good enough and consistent enough to win one of the easiest best and fairests in the league? No

Whether you rate him off that or not, its a pretty big indictment that you want such a hefty price for someone your own club doesnt even rate that highly.

Exactly but if he came out and just said I need to get home to Adelaide for personal reasons I don't care where I go he would probably have every Carlton supporter happy about getting him home and a fair trade would get done. The way he has gone about it but who cares if we don't win a trade then why give him up

We are not privy to all the details at hand, I think this will come out in the wash when the deal is completed.

Before Blues supporters start casting disparaging remarks about Gibbs, lets see how everything first pans out. As I have said before clearly, Port could not afford to have Gibbs, given the constraints on hand. Its a non-issue. As it was they were trying to off load Hartlett to ease their salary cap coupled with the personal issues involved with him.

Lets not forget Carlton, do not want to part with pick 5, but also want to acquire Marchbank and Pickett who potentially could be 10+ year players with Carlton coupled with their pick 5, Gibbs has at most 4 years left. Carlton need bargaining chips in order to acquire the GWS players, which they will get if the Crows hand over pick 13.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back