Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing is, you need 13 for Pickett and Marchbank. If a Gibbs deal doesn't happen, it's goodbye Marchbank and Pickett, considering you won't be giving up pick 5.

A deal will happen which hurts both sides a little, but also benefits each side.

disagree I think Adelaide we will end paying more if it goes through.

13 and Charlie Cameron is fair, crows have Milera in the 2s who is a straight swap for Cameron.

I don't rate Cameron that highly and beleive his value is at an all time high after that Sydney final conversely i think Milera will be a absolute star. You've got to give up something to get something and best to do that in a position where you have coverage.

disagree I think Adelaide we will end paying more if it goes through.
Oh yeah we'll be paying overs without a doubt. Fair value for an uncontracted Gibbs is probably pick 13 alone, maybe even less considering what Titchell went for. Overs will be either 13 + a 2nd of some description, or 13 + 2017 1st for Gibbs and 25.

No player will be leaving Adelaide.

I don't rate Cameron that highly and beleive his value is at an all time high after that Sydney final conversely i think Milera will be a absolute star. You've got to give up something to get something and best to do that in a position where you have coverage.

I think his point was more that they aren't similar players.

Makes no sense for us to trade out a best 22 players to get Gibbs in. I would be dumbfounded to the point of wanting the board sacked if they actually offered Atkins plus a first rounder for Bryce Gibbs. Likewise Carlton fans should be asking for theirs to be sacked for turning it down! I'm sure I'd want to trade Atkins for Gibbs straight up.

I don't think any players will be involved unless the blues really like someone in our SANFL team. Two firsts would be more likely (and I don't think that's likely as we'd be getting bent over).

Would rather just go after Hanley at this point.

Thing is, you need 13 for Pickett and Marchbank. If a Gibbs deal doesn't happen, it's goodbye Marchbank and Pickett, considering you won't be giving up pick 5.

A deal will happen which hurts both sides a little, but also benefits each side.

All hyberbole. This trade is holding up the talks but will be facilitated either way.

We may end up giving up Pick 5 and Pick 45 for Marchbank, Pickett, Stewart and Pick 15.

I think his point was more that they aren't similar players.

Makes no sense for us to trade out a best 22 players to get Gibbs in. I would be dumbfounded to the point of wanting the board sacked if they actually offered Atkins plus a first rounder for Bryce Gibbs. Likewise Carlton fans should be asking for theirs to be sacked for turning it down! I'm sure I'd want to trade Atkins for Gibbs straight up.

I don't think any players will be involved unless the blues really like someone in our SANFL team. Two firsts would be more likely (and I don't think that's likely as we'd be getting bent over).

Would rather just go after Hanley at this point.

Ok yea i get what you mean that they're not exactly for like i was more looking at it that they have to somehow fit him in their forward line.

How was Mileras form in the SANFL? I was very impressed with him early in the AFL season and have connections through Centrals who have huge wraps on him as a junior.

All hyberbole. This trade is holding up the talks but will be facilitated either way.

We may end up giving up Pick 5 and Pick 45 for Marchbank, Pickett, Stewart and Pick 15.
So if you'll cave on the GWS deal, who says you won't cave on the Gibbs deal?

CFC seems to think both Gibbs and pick 5 are required

If Adelaide were trying to identify a gun midfielder to bring in, it wouldn't be Gibbs. Not that he's not a good player, but he's too old. We'd have a go at Prestia, Shiel, Rockliff, Sidebottom, Neale, Martin, Hunter, O'Meara, etc

Hell, you'd even go for Lewis over Gibbs considering what the price of the deal is, and the premiership class Lewis brings over Gibbs

The idea that the Crows wanted to beef up their midfield and identified Gibbs as the target above all other midfielders in the comp is laughable.

It's not easy to convince players to nominate your club above all the other offers they receive...especially for a club like Adelaide simply because youre in SA...Gibbs is probably not your no.1 preferred target but he's quite possibly the best you'll get for a while.

It's not easy to convince players to nominate your club above all the other offers they receive...especially for a club like Adelaide simply because youre in SA...Gibbs is probably not your no.1 preferred target but he's quite possibly the best you'll get for a while.
Lol.
Last year Hampton, Seedsman and Menzel came to us.
Before that we had Jenkins, Lynch, Cheney, Sauce, Betts, Thompson etc etc.
Sigh..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeah we'll be paying overs without a doubt. Fair value for an uncontracted Gibbs is probably pick 13 alone, maybe even less considering what Titchell went for. Overs will be either 13 + a 2nd of some description, or 13 + 2017 1st for Gibbs and 25.

No player will be leaving Adelaide.

Gibbs has 3 more years to go on his contract...

Lol.
Last year Hampton, Seedsman and Menzel came to us.
Before that we had Jenkins, Lynch, Cheney, Sauce, Betts, Thompson etc etc.
Sigh..

OK mate, none of those are quite in the same class as Gibbs and you know it...not at the time of the trade happening anyway.

Plus it was in response to the idea that you would prefer Prestia, JOM, Mitchell etc to Gibbs.
While that might be true, convincing these A graders to join your club isn't that easy, so you need to make the most of the opportunities you get.

Not that hard to understand.

OK mate, none of those are quite in the same class as Gibbs and you know it...not at the time of the trade happening anyway.

Plus it was in response to the idea that you would prefer Prestia, JOM, Mitchell etc to Gibbs.
While that might be true, convincing these A graders to join your club isn't that easy, so you need to make the most of the opportunities you get.

hahahahaha betts not in same class as gibbs

sheeeesh. that's what Mick said (replace gibbs with daisy though)

I thought Jacobs was an AA so was Betts then we have Thompson who pulled more brownlow votes than any other crow, you are joiking about attracting quality arent you?

hahahahaha betts not in same class as gibbs

sheeeesh. that's what Mick said (replace gibbs with daisy though)

At the time of the trade.

Betts was a gun and underrated by pretty much everyone outside Carlton at the time...we would constantly argue he's one of the best small forwards at the game, only to be laughed at by opposition supporters. Now he's dual AA and everyone agrees he's one of the best small forwards, because in part he's in a better team.

This is certainly a much 'bigger' trade and with more fanfare...put it this way, if you compare landing Gibbs to when you landed Betts, im confident the Gibbs trade would result in more excitement and have a status as a 'blockbuster' trade and bringing in a big name and A grader.

I thought Jacobs was an AA so was Betts then we have Thompson who pulled more brownlow votes than any other crow, you are joiking about attracting quality arent you?

Read my post. I said AT THE TIME OF THE TRADE.

Is it really that difficult to understand?

At the time Jacobs was just a ex rookie ruckman with some potential, 4th in line at Carlton.
You got him for peanuts...it was NOT a 'mega trade' or a 'big coup'.

At the time of the trade.

Betts was a gun and underrated by pretty much everyone outside Carlton at the time...we would constantly argue he's one of the best small forwards at the game, only to be laughed at by opposition supporters. Now he's dual AA and everyone agrees he's one of the best small forwards, because in part he's in a better team.

This is certainly a much 'bigger' trade and with more fanfare...put it this way, if you compare landing Gibbs to when you landed Betts, im confident the Gibbs trade would result in more excitement and have a status as a 'blockbuster' trade and bringing in a big name and A grader.
by the mass population perhaps , never in my eyes

gibbs cops a ridiculous amount of sprays from carlton fans - every crows game I've been to in melb against carlton that you've lost the scapegoat from the stands is gibbs

but suddenly he's not thought of the same way

Read my post. I said AT THE TIME OF THE TRADE.

Is it really that difficult to understand?

At the time Jacobs was just a ex rookie ruckman with some potential, 4th in line at Carlton.
You got him for peanuts...it was NOT a 'mega trade' or a 'big coup'.

Mate are Mega Trades a good thing especially when you pay too much, look at Carlton and Judd, hindsight is a wonderfull thing but the eagles clearly have won that one

by the mass population perhaps , never in my eyes

gibbs cops a ridiculous amount of sprays from carlton fans - every crows game I've been to in melb against carlton that you've lost the scapegoat from the stands is gibbs

but suddenly he's not thought of the same way

Always gonna get those supporters...you know how it is.

I dont know why Gibbs still gets bagged he's been one of our best midfielders for at least the last 4 years and has always finished high up in the B&F.

And with Betts, yes you may have always rated him highly, but plenty of opposition supporters didn't back when he was at Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back