Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

No problem .
Maybe you'd be better served concentrating on Rockliff ...
13, CEY for Rockliff
2017 1st, Lyons for Gibbs, 43

793.gif

It comes down to how bad Adelaide want him. You will struggle to win a flag with your current midfield. To go and get an elite contracted player in his prime from a club with very little midfielders is going to cost you overs. Not to mention he has played 21 or more games in every season bar 2015 since 2007(the year he was drafted), he is our Vice Captain and is not openly pushing for an exit. He could easily play another 6-7 years(33-34yrs old) Pick 13 and a fringe player just wont do it. It will either be 2x1st or a first and a very good younger player(McGovern). Adelaide will either have to match that or look elsewhere, it just wont happen any other way..

Firstly - you're taking the thread in irrelevant directions.

Secondly - I used the phrase "dinky", not loopy.

Thirdly - the clearance stat is measuring these dinky handballs, and the fact that Cripps hasn't developed a well rounded game yet, and is still too focused on the inside. This is not a positive to support your argument.

Please start posting on topic.
You are making me laugh now. Cripps posts the greatest clearance season by an individual on record and you put this down as a negative somehow? Lol

I would want to change the subject too if I was you after that howler.

You are making me laugh now. Cripps posts the greatest clearance season by an individual on record and you put this down as a negative somehow? Lol

I would want to change the subject too if I was you after that howler.
Are Carlton trading cripps...

I swear I went to a final this year and enjoyed watching him kick 6 at Adelaide oval

Good for you .
I watched Footscray win the premiership this year ... at the MCG .
So again , enjoy watching Eddie at AO coz to win the premiership at the MCG Eddie is going to need the help of a better midfield that won't be built by floating around the likes of Lyons for Gibbs .

It comes down to how bad Adelaide want him. You will struggle to win a flag with your current midfield. To go and get an elite contracted player in his prime from a club with very little midfielders is going to cost you overs. Not to mention he has played 21 or more games in every season bar 2015 since 2007(the year he was drafted), he is our Vice Captain and is not openly pushing for an exit. He could easily play another 6-7 years(33-34yrs old) Pick 13 and a fringe player just wont do it. It will either be 2x1st or a first and a very good younger player(McGovern). Adelaide will either have to match that or look elsewhere, it just wont happen any other way..

Hmmm...apparently it's him that wants out though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good for you .
I watched Footscray win the premiership this year ... at the MCG .
So again , enjoy watching Eddie at AO coz to win the premiership at the MCG Eddie is going to need the help of a better midfield that won't be built by floating around the likes of Lyons for Gibbs .

Eddie has kicked 12 goals in 4 finals at the MCG. I think he'll be OK...

Cripps was brought up as an example to highlight a posters overtly biased suggestions.

Be reasonable with trade suggestions and I won't have to drop the Cripps bomb.
I don't think anyone is suggesting Gibbs won't fetch a first as a starting point.

What I think will happen is we may get involved with the Marchbank trade somehow. Should all flow from there if all parties want to make it happen

Crows have quiet a young list, why would they give up multiple 1st round draft picks for a 28 year old.

I think they should wait and through the cash Dustin Martin who is younger and better. (Next year as a free agent)

2016 1st rounder and 2017 2nd rounder .
Save your breath with Lyons and any other plodders .
Suggest you save your disrespect for players you have a clue about.

Lyons was a first choice midfielder in a side that won 17 games this year averaging around 20 ppg.

He would be an automatic first choice for most teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back