Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows first rd seems about right IMO. Possibly a later pick back from Carlton.

Exactly what Crows need IMO.

Also solves the Blues problem of overpaying for Marchbank as they can use the Gibbs pick which is about right.

Crows first isn't enough let alone us giving them a pick back as well as Gibbs.

Pick 13 or whatever in a supposed even draft really isn't that great.

Pick 13 and a second or Lyons maybe

Put Gibbs in a great side and he will really shine IMO.

Agreed.

Gibbs was in stellar form early I'm the season seriously dominating games and kicking goals.

Then Murphy got injured and we basically just had Gibbs and Cripps...and Gibbs was getting tagged or at least minded somewhat with little support.

Put him in a better midfield and he will dominate more often.

I hope he stays and we give him midfield support like tom Mitchell so he can dominate for us more often

Doubt you get that. Gibbs is a good player but no A grader IMO and he'll be 28 next season. But good luck to the Blues if they did get what you think as they'd be killing it.

Cripps and Gibbs play very different roles, we definitely need to provide Crippa with more support so he can rest forward/not get worked over etc but that isn't overly reliant on Gibbs whose best work comes from being freed up by Murph (when uninjured) and fed by Cripps.
There's an argument to be made that if Gibbs did wish to head back to SA that we'd be better off drafting a mid with the Crows pick and getting one of their peripheral mids.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Jeez some people take trade discussions way too personally..
Gibbs hasn't lived up to the early hype but he'd certainly be handy working in tandem with Sloane and Crouch x2, I'd be interested in hearing a non Carlton/Crows supporters honest valuation of Gibbs' worth.

Pick 13 + something. What something I'm not sure.
13 + 31 for Gibbs + 41 but the Crows don't have a 2nd.
I don't think Carlton need Lyons, they have Wright.

Cripps and Gibbs play very different roles, we definitely need to provide Crippa with more support so he can rest forward/not get worked over etc but that isn't overly reliant on Gibbs whose best work comes from being freed up by Murph (when uninjured) and fed by Cripps.
There's an argument to be made that if Gibbs did wish to head back to SA that we'd be better off drafting a mid with the Crows pick and getting one of their peripheral mids.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
I can understand opposition supporters who never watch Gibbs thinking of him as an outside mid, but Carlton fans should know better.

Lyons is nothing like Wright. Lyons is best as a mid that can go forward, Wright is a forward that can play as a mid.
But does he have the clean hands of Wright, or the fumbles like Kerridge?

Lyons is a very clean player, IMO. Able to easily win a clearance and hit a target by hand or foot. Great goal sense, too. Maybe not as prolific as some other mids, and is somewhat slow, but a very nice additional mid. He's much better than Kerridge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i certainly hope we dont give up lyons to get gibbs. i like gibbs but i really like lyons. not adverse to trading our pick 12 because i dont think we need to take another 11-19 range footballer, we need to go out and get someone ready made. worth more to carlton than pick 12 i would imagine though.

i certainly hope we dont give up lyons to get gibbs. i like gibbs but i really like lyons. not adverse to trading our pick 12 because i dont think we need to take another 11-19 range footballer, we need to go out and get someone ready made. worth more to carlton than pick 12 i would imagine though.

I think the situation is that Carlton won't trade unless he requests it. If he does request a trade (having a young family and wanting to be close to family is 100% understandable reason), then I think Carlton would work hard to get a fair result for him and the club. But they will only do that if he requests a trade. I don't reckon we are trying to shift him out.

I think the situation is that Carlton won't trade unless he requests it. If he does request a trade (having a young family and wanting to be close to family is 100% understandable reason), then I think Carlton would work hard to get a fair result for him and the club. But they will only do that if he requests a trade. I don't reckon we are trying to shift him out.
fully agree. this has meant to happen for years and i highly doubt that it pops up anyways. seems random. i'd like him but wouldn't want to sell the farm for him, but it's extremely unlikely regardless.

Mitchell to Carlton Gibbs to Swans!
A couple of other swaps.
We get our polish on the outside, Carlton get their toughness on the inside to assist Cripps.

Mitchell to Carlton makes more sense than Mitchell to Hawthorn.
Gibbs gets to refresh his career with the chance to play regular finals.

Win win!

Mitchell to Carlton Gibbs to Swans!
A couple of other swaps.
We get our polish on the outside, Carlton get their toughness on the inside to assist Cripps.

Mitchell to Carlton makes more sense than Mitchell to Hawthorn.
Gibbs gets to refresh his career with the chance to play regular finals.

Win win!
:rolleyes:

I can understand opposition supporters who never watch Gibbs thinking of him as an outside mid, but Carlton fans should know better.

His best work is done pushing forward from stoppages where the can hit the scoreboard and hit up leading forwards, not at the bottom of packs where his strengths would be wasted. :cool:

I agree that Carlton won't let go a contracted Gibbs for pick 13 only , it will take something more

Do you think that Carlton would be more satisfied with GC giving you pick 24 for Lyons ?

So it becomes Gibbs for picks 13 and 24 ?

I have a feeling that SOS would prefer that rather than bringing in a more mature work horse like Lyons . Could be wrong though

Jeez some people take trade discussions way too personally..
Gibbs hasn't lived up to the early hype but he'd certainly be handy working in tandem with Sloane and Crouch x2, I'd be interested in hearing a non Carlton/Crows supporters honest valuation of Gibbs' worth.
I'm a crow but think pick 13 and pick around 24 -27 ( whatever a club would give us for Lyons then on trade to Carlton)

If Gibbs requested a trade back to Adelaide would you be happy with pick 13 and pick 24 ?

I think Gibbs suits what Adealide needs right now and Carlton can continue to build their next finals side with those early picks

I'm a crow but think pick 13 and pick around 24 -27 ( whatever a club would give us for Lyons then on trade to Carlton)

If Gibbs requested a trade back to Adelaide would you be happy with pick 13 and pick 24 ?

I think Gibbs suits what Adealide needs right now and Carlton can continue to build their next finals side with those early picks

Yes i would accept 13 and a mid 20's pick for Gibbs. In a heartbeat.

I think it suits both clubs in their situations.

Just depends on what the contracted Gibbs wants to do with his career obviously. Personally i don't see him accepting the pressure of the whole state of Adelaide relying on him though.

I agree that Carlton won't let go a contracted Gibbs for pick 13 only , it will take something more

Do you think that Carlton would be more satisfied with GC giving you pick 24 for Lyons ?

So it becomes Gibbs for picks 13 and 24 ?

I have a feeling that SOS would prefer that rather than bringing in a more mature work horse like Lyons . Could be wrong though

Absolutely, it's a win-win for both clubs, Adelaide in the Premiership window & Gibbs will complement that nicely, Carlton clearly in full rebuild mode & gives them additional 1st & 2nd round picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back