Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think something like that is how it will end up D I T now that it has seemingly come to an impasse. Possibly later picks to balance. A fair result for both clubs.
I dont think crows will be that keen on that trade. If crows give up 2 first rounds effictively they will be out of contention for bringing in any other big names for next 3 trade periods as will need to keep their 2018 & 19 first rd draft picks. So even if they get a 2nd round back it limits their future trading plans.

Which would put them exactly where port are now. They would love to get involved in gibbs deal even just to drive up what crows have to fork out but they are forced to keep #9

I dont think crows will be that keen on that trade. If crows give up 2 first rounds effictively they will be out of contention for bringing in any other big names for next 3 trade periods as will need to keep their 2018 & 19 first rd draft picks. So even if they get a 2nd round back it limits their future trading plans.

Which would put them exactly where port are now. They would love to get involved in gibbs deal even just to drive up what crows have to fork out but they are forced to keep #9

That taking into account we used 2 1sts last year?

Can see where you are coming from CD. Do you believe it will need to be 13+ a player then or if not can you see it falling over? (I think something will get done personally although Carlton win out in the short term if it doesn't).
Another Q for you. Given the Crows uses so few players this year (and some like CEY only played a couple) do you think the Crows need to offload a few of those decent players to improve your picks this year? Perhaps even package a few up?

Can see where you are coming from CD. Do you believe it will need to be 13+ a player then or if not can you see it falling over? (I think something will get done personally although Carlton win out in the short term if it doesn't).
Another Q for you. Given the Crows uses so few players this year (and some like CEY only played a couple) do you think the Crows need to offload a few of those decent players to improve your picks this year? Perhaps even package a few up?
13 + something im sure will get done. But it cant be another 1st too high a price strategically.
I dont follow crows extremely closely but being SA based its hard not to get flooded with port / crows news. Its impressive that despite underplaying & lowballing players they all seem to want to stay with the crows. I think the crows know they need depth so are reluctant to trade guys like CEY or lyons. However if push comes to shove they will for gibbs. Wether its direct to carlton or via 3rd team who knows.
I dont think crows will be too worried at having limited draft picks. Theyve done so well drafting without high picks over recent years. They know they need another mid & possibly a back up key defender but largely i think they will back their players in.

Sure to be injuries next year so CEY & milera will get more game time if they stay

Media keep suggesting a deal will get done but am not so sure. I just hope if it does we don't give up to much. I am happy for pick 13 and a fringe player but to me that is all he is worth. The easy option is to throw in a pick for next year but I hope we walk away before we do that.
I think or you guys its more of a nice to have at the moment. Like when your buying a car the asking price is too high with no room to negotiate so you walk away.

I can see both sides to this argument. For Carlton he is contracted and hence they dont need to do the trade. Not like he has walked out on them. For Adelaide well hes a nice to have but they have built a squad now and dont want to sell the farm for him.

Based on that I think a deal will not get done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think or you guys its more of a nice to have at the moment. Like when your buying a car the asking price is too high with no room to negotiate so you walk away.

I can see both sides to this argument. For Carlton he is contracted and hence they dont need to do the trade. Not like he has walked out on them. For Adelaide well hes a nice to have but they have built a squad now and dont want to sell the farm for him.

Based on that I think a deal will not get done.

I think you're right.

I hate how irrelevant contracts have become - but that's the brave new world the AFL has created by Free Agency and their endorsement of some ridiculous contracts.

I understand the Carlton perspective, if I thought he was a gun, I'd be pretty disappointed to lose him - but I do think that pick 13 would be good value for him; and in the context of where Carlton are at, pick 13 should have a lot more value to them.

I actually think #13 is probably a bit over, given his age, and the fact he's a very good player, not a great one (as can be seen by his BF results, lack of invidual honours, inconsistency over the years); again, Mitchell had that value, and everyone except a Carlton few have said they'd take Mitchell - but he's of value to us, so pick 13 might be a bit strong, but it's worth it.

No one really. Gibbs says at Carlton and you keep 13 for the draft.

Aren't Carlton positioning themselves for a number of players where our pick or picks will be extremely important in staying in this draft and getting the players they want. adelaide only have this on the go and if it doesn't come off I won't be that disappointed I like him but I'm not that worried either way

Aren't Carlton positioning themselves for a number of players where our pick or picks will be extremely important in staying in this draft and getting the players they want. adelaide only have this on the go and if it doesn't come off I won't be that disappointed I like him but I'm not that worried either way
I'm sure Sos and co had their trade period all sorted before Gibbs request a trade out of the blue. Yeah pick 13 would be great but it won't be enough to get the Gibbs deal done.

I'm sure Sos and co had their trade period all sorted before Gibbs request a trade out of the blue. Yeah pick 13 would be great but it won't be enough to get the Gibbs deal done.
Yeah that's fair enough, understand we need to pay overs. We won't be paying massive overs, though - that is, we're not giving up one of our young guns, and if we're trading our two firsts, we'll need your second back too.

Can still see it being 13 and a 2nd (Lyons pick or 2017 2nd).

Honestly I wouldn't be the least bit bothered if this trade didn't get through. Giving away a first round pick for a dude who might only have 2 years of decent footy left in him seems stupid to me.

I'd say wait till the end of the trade period if they need our 13 deal if not Bolton can deal with the fact his player doesn't even want to be there, one thing he has a strong opinion on, there aren't really any consequences for adelaide not dealing except a quality player coming into the team for a short period but keeping 13 may get us a gun anyway so that balances us out

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back