Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say Sloane almost single handed controlled our midfield and got us to 5th on the ladder as he had limited support in the midfield our rick struggled can't say Gibbs did the same for you
If we had one forward who was capable of kicking multiple goals a game let alone 5 players capable like the crows, Gibbs and Cripps would have had us knocking on the door of the top eight

And please give us Jacobs back if he is such a burden for your midfielders

Last edited:
Your welcome.

Sloane is ahead of Gibbs on trade value by quite some margin.

You navy blue glasses :largebluecircle::largebluecircle::eyeglasses::largebluecircle::largebluecircle: make that hard for you to see.

According to who exactly?

This is a false argument anyway. Adelaide, according to this years performance have a list primed for a premiership assault. Gibbs' value to Adelaide is determined by whether his skill set can get them there both through the the year and in crunch finals. If Adelaide think so then Carlton will set the price accordingly considering his contract status.

It really has **** all to do with Sloanes worth at the trade table.

No adelaide player matches like for like with Gibbs he is an elite ball user and outside runner we don't have any of them, sloane is more inside

This is why Gibbs would suit us hugely

What Carlton would want could be the sticking point
Gibbs averaged 0.3 less clearances than Sloane. He's not that outside really

Gibbs averaged 0.3 less clearances than Sloane. He's not that outside really

I'm not saying Gibbs is rubbish I would have him in the team every day of the week but would go Sloane in front of him as would 90 % of AFL fans. If it was a swap for Sloane it would be Sloane without question

But if Gibbsy wants to come home to his family I'm sure a trade could be worked involving picks

I'm not saying Gibbs is rubbish I would have him in the team every day of the week but would go Sloane in front of him as would 90 % of AFL fans. If it was a swap for Sloane it would be Sloane without question

But if Gibbsy wants to come home to his family I'm sure a trade could be worked involving picks

The same 90% who told us that Eddie betts and Sam Jacobs weren't worth first rounders.

Being a Carlton fan you learn pretty quickly that once a player pulls on the navy blue, their rating amongst the general football public diminishes.

It's nothing new.

That wasn't me saying I'd take him over Sloane. Just pointing out Gibbs won't really be the outside runner you mentioned. He's big & strong in the contest but slow

Gibbs is better than Sloane imo

That wasn't me saying I'd take him over Sloane. Just pointing out Gibbs won't really be the outside runner you mentioned. He's big & strong in the contest but slow
Correct me if I'm wrong as I don't watch Carlton every week, but I think Gibbs' inside game is pretty underrated. And actually that's what we badly need, in the first quarter v Syd in our Semi we literally couldn't get hands on the pill.

Thommo is shot and what we need is inside grunt not what people assume Gibbs will help us with ie outside finesse.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I don't watch Carlton every week, but I think Gibbs' inside game is pretty underrated. And actually that's what we badly need, in the first quarter v Syd in our Semi we literally couldn't get hands on the pill.

Thommo is shot and what we need is inside grunt not what people assume Gibbs will help us with ie outside finesse.
Gibbs is a boss when he is up and running. There were many games this year where he and Cripps completely owned the centre square. If he is given the luxury of a quality ruckman and a couple of good midfielders around him, he can dominate at the coal face against anyone, including Sydney.

Gibbs hasn't hit a leading forward lace out in his entire career. Generally kicks the ball as high and far as possible with complete disregard for the consequences.

Happy to take the crows first round pick if it's on offer, or a straight swap for Betts :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he wants to come home - you'll get unders; same as we did with Danger.

Carlton fans are notorious for understating their own..

We are the same club who hand delivered Eddie betts and Sam Jacobs to the crows not too long ago.

Your third choice ruckman, and a player you didn't think was worth another $50k?

We gave you Wright for nothing; top 6 in your BF ;)

Some Blues fans are also notorious for over rating their own.
This tale reminds me of a club called Richmond, the club who constantly criticizes its good players (cotchin etc) because they cant drag a bunch of spuds (Morris etc) to premierships.

The problem isn't Cotchin (for example). Cotchin is a gun and would be a walk up at any club. Cotchin would be a superstar at 5-6 other clubs. The problem is the 12 other vfl standard players he has to carry week in and week out.

This tale reminds me of a club called Richmond, the club who constantly criticizes its good players (cotchin etc) because they cant drag a bunch of spuds (Morris etc) to premierships.

The problem isn't Cotchin (for example). Cotchin is a gun and would be a walk up at any club. Cotchin would be a superstar at 5-6 other clubs. The problem is the 12 other vfl standard players he has to carry week in and week out.

Can you please point out where I've bagged Gibbsy.

If he wants to come home - you'll get unders; same as we did with Danger.

Your third choice ruckman, and a player you didn't think was worth another $50k?

We gave you Wright for nothing; top 6 in your BF ;)
We will take Milera off your hands for a third rounder then seeing as he hadn't broken into your side..

Can you please point out where I've bagged Gibbsy.
I'm not saying you have, I'm saying we are falling into the trap of not rating our good players as we should due to the fact that they are playing in poor sides.

Richmond seem to be the kings of this

Yeah he can be but it's a bit hot and cold. He fired up against Sydney and we nearly won. Then he had a shit game and we managed to lose to Brisbane

Yeah he can be but it's a bit hot and cold. He fired up against Sydney and we nearly won. Then he had a shit game and we managed to lose to Brisbane
Yeah I agree that Gibbs' consistency is what stops him from being considered as part of the current elite players. His best is up there with the best.

Lol, the all-Australian selectors strongly disagree.

Gibbs is a decent player, but he is not in the top tier like Sloane.
Carlton has had only had 3 all Australian players in the last 10 years.

One was the afl mvp, one was the Coleman medalist, and one was a dual brownlow medalist.

You need to be a pretty damn good player in the navy blue to be selected in such a subjective team

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back