Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

It will need to be 2 first rounders or 1st
Rounder and player of quality.

Will be the former I believe with a 2nd rounder going back to the crows.

Contrary to belief contracts do mean something, we don't just have to accept whatever we are offered or fear the wrath of Gibbs

When was the last time 2 first round picks were traded for a 27 (28 by the start of next season) year old who has never made the all australian team?

Just hope Gibbs is amenable to staying so if a deal is done it favours Carlton (as it should). Adelaide pay a premium for their flag shot, Carlton improve their rebuild. That is how it is supposed to work in an equitable scenario. Of course, Adelaide will try and get him for the cheapest price which is their right...Carlton ask for pick pick pick.

After Eddie, Jacobs, I really hope we are on the right end of this one. Like most others, I also feel Adelaide is short a quality mid...and maybe one more on top. So close when other clubs will improve faster like the doggies and giants! Risk it all crowbeaters!

Chris McDermott is saying Crows need to give up pick 13 and McGovern to get the trade over the line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, Treloar level compensation? Sorry but Gibbs is barely a top 50 mid in the league with established ceiling and little upside.

I know you are exaggerating but being the 50th best mid would mean nearly 3 players at every club are better mids which is obviously not true.

He would be the crows 2nd best mid if they get him

Also can't compare to a guy under contract to a guy with 3 years remaining, though that hasn't stopped every 2nd post in this thread doing so

When was the last time 2 first round picks were traded for a 27 (28 by the start of next season) year old who has never made the all australian team?

When was the last time a guy was traded with 3 years remaining on a 5 year deal?

If the crows fans think he's no good, maybe better off not getting him.

If Gibbs wasn't contracted 13 and a Lyons type would probably do it. But that isn't the case.

Look I really like to see Gibbs playing finally for Crows but will be horrified and upset with Crows if we give up pick 13 plus future stars likeMcGovern, Cameron or Brad Crouch. that is just stupid and short term thinking and don't want to become another North Melb.
We payed way over for Menzel and not going to be sucked in again.
Whilst feel for Gibbs wanting to move for non footy reason like Danger ,it could be time to walk away and get a bargain deal with Rockliff therefore adding to squad not going backwards. Maybe look at a GWS over abundance of talented mids.
We have had to work through not having 2 years of losing top round draft picks don't want to see that occur again as already lost this years 2nd round pick .

This entire thread is dumb.

Gibbs has stated his desire to return to Adelaide. Happy wife, happy life and all that.

Clubs, generally, don't hold players against their will. Trades are made. Everything else is just posturing and chest beating.

The Crows will pay and pay fairly, its what we do.
Finally some common sense.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

They're used to dealing with our former management where they picked up sauce and Betts for a packet of chips. They even thought they were screwing us over for Menzel with #28 + Kerridge.

Now they want to try again. SOS is too smart for them.

A lot of us thought you were considerably in front with that deal; don't rewrite history.

I know you are exaggerating but being the 50th best mid would mean nearly 3 players at every club are better mids which is obviously not true.

He would be the crows 2nd best mid if they get him

Also can't compare to a guy under contract to a guy with 3 years remaining, though that hasn't stopped every 2nd post in this thread doing so

He'd be amongst our top 4 mids; if you count Smith as a back.

Sloane
Crouch - Crouch - Gibbs

Sloane clearly in front; M Crouch probably second, Gibbs third, but BC should leap frog to second next year.

He's definitely what we need, and I'm sure a fair and equitable trade will be done.

He'd be amongst our top 4 mids; if you count Smith as a back.

Sloane
Crouch - Crouch - Gibbs

Sloane clearly in front; M Crouch probably second, Gibbs third, but BC should leap frog to second next year.

He's definitely what we need, and I'm sure a fair and equitable trade will be done.

I was thinking he's currently ahead of the crouch boys but they do have upside.

But if you watch more crows you would probably have a better idea

I'd be disappointed if we included any first 22 players - we are a mid light so totally pointless to include Lyons as we would still be a mid light. From his manager's comments he also has no interest in facilitating that trade anyway.

Honestly if our first round pick this year on its own doesn't get the deal done I'd rather we walk away and try to make something work for Rockliff who might be more obtainable (even though Gibbs is closer to the type of player we are lacking).

Ultimately he has three years left on his deal, Carlton have every right to hold onto him IMO. He has nobody to blame but himself. He could have easily pushed a move to Adelaide through a couple years ago when he was out of contract. Funny how he suddenly got homesick when we got better...

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back