Buckey Vs Voss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Squeak
Buckley took a mark of the year contender in Port's first AFL match in 1997. A better 'screamer' in the true defenition of the word than Voss or MCLeod have ever taken.

The original question was:- Can anyone recall a 'screaming' pack mark taken by Buckley of late?

It was not 'if he has taken them', but can anyone remember him taking one in the past 5 years.

Originally posted by VossMagic

Buckey: Recieves the ball from other player to make him look good. Doesn't go in and get the hard ball from the pack.
He may have been injured but when the presure on collingwood on Saturday he was know where to be seen where was he on the bench. I rest my case.

IMO he is better standing outside the pack rather than going in. He has a knack for finding that lose ball when it comes out and clearing it successfully.

One player needs to go to ground and one player needs to be ready to clear the ball. Your better off having the handier player on the outside of the pack otherwise you won't take control of the ball.

There's no use everyone going to ground is there?

Originally posted by grayham
Thats a very good point BrisGirl. Buckley, like Hird, once he gets the ball looks good becuase he seems to have all the time in the world and sets up play.

But McLeod and Voss go that extra step by getting posession when it looks like that have absolutely no chance. A screamer is one example.
A low screamer count outweighs a high contested possession count?

Originally posted by VossMagic
2 examples the decribe these to players

Voss: Leads from the front and does the job when required gets the hard ball from under the pack.

Buckey: Recieves the ball from other player to make him look good. Doesn't go in and get the hard ball from the pack.
He may have been injured but when the presure on collingwood on Saturday he was know where to be seen where was he on the bench. I rest my case.

I think you have been in the sun too long. You obviously don't watch Collingwood much. Im surprised that you talk about pressure games and forgot to mention that Buckley was the Norm Smith Medallist in Grand Final ??

Actually try watching Collingwood play and you will see that Buckley does get the hardball.

You may have rested your case but the facts are you case has nothing to rest on and has fallen flat on its face.

jlc

If we are gonna talk about who takes the best speccys Crawford wins hands down he constantly takes 2 ,3 and even 4 odd screamers a season.

But we are talkin about who the better players are and to be truthfull id love to have them all in my team they all have each of there own special aspects and noone can justify who is better cause im sure if you asked Bucks whos better him or Craw i bet he would say Crawf and vice versa, they have all been in the business for along time and i think before we put Mcleoud in Voss,Crawf and Bucks league we should wait another 3 to 4 years.

cheers

Originally posted by tige19
If we are gonna talk about who takes the best speccys Crawford wins hands down he constantly takes 2 ,3 and even 4 odd screamers a season.

But we are talkin about who the better players are and to be truthfull id love to have them all in my team they all have each of there own special aspects and noone can justify who is better cause im sure if you asked Bucks whos better him or Craw i bet he would say Crawf and vice versa, they have all been in the business for along time and i think before we put Mcleoud in Voss,Crawf and Bucks league we should wait another 3 to 4 years.

cheers

You haven't answered my question yet.

There were at least three better players in 2000 than Woewodin, going on form they displayed in that year. Who were the three players? Please answer this question Mr. "Football Knowledge".

Originally posted by Thrawn
You haven't answered my question yet.

There were at least three better players in 2000 than Woewodin, going on form they displayed in that year. Who were the three players? Please answer this question Mr. "Football Knowledge".

I wasnt even talking about Woewodin i was putting my case ahead for Crawford i dont give 2 ****s about Woewodin.

Originally posted by harry_hawka
I don't necessarilly like Collingwood at all, but one thing that has got me stumped is the whole Colly-wobble mentality that is still continuing.

Now, I don't know what the opposite of wobble is, but I reckon that's what Collingwood were last year. They played above themselves for weeks on end in 2002, and I reckon that deserves a bit of praise from opposition supporters.

I won't be cheering for the Pies all that often in 2003, but I do respect them for their dogged efforts last year and think that any unbiased afl fan would realise they are a side to be reckoned with.

POST OF THE WEEK

PITY SO MANY PEOPLE ROUND HERE PREFER IGNORANCE

AND TO DIVIDE ALONG PETTY CLUB LINES.

Originally posted by grinspoon
why would anyone who listen to a guy who's idol is stone cold steve austin.... you smell what the rock is cooking ****head... get some brains, and watch a game. if everyone is as good as bucks, voss etc, then the level would rise, and everyone would be ave, but everyone is diff, and it is a good thing to see. i dont want 22 buckleys or voss' in our team. new subject

22 Buckley's, now that's a thought!!!!!

Who'd actually go and get the ball though?????

Certainly no teamwork!!!!!

And Eddie would have no skin left on his ****!!!!!

Oh and anyhow, Buckley is already Average compared to Voss, Mcleod etc............

By the way, it's only a username!!!!!

VOSS by a mile...there is absolutley no weakness to his game. Buckley is a great player but lacks the in and under skills and harness of Voss. Buckley is a reciever but there is nothing wrong with that because every team needs them.

Home and away season 2002:

Buckley: 85 tackles in 19 games @ 4.47 per game.
Voss: 38 tackles in 19 games @ 2.00 per game.

(taken from the respective clubs websites)

That's a lot of tackles for a player who doesn't go and get the ball himself, but rather receives it from teammates. I couldn't find a stat for hard ball gets which would be more accurate, and I still think Voss is the better player, but I thought it was worth noting for all the morons whose knowledge of the game is restricted to "Voss is the best, Buckley is a Collingwood ****ter receiver who is ****!".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by understudy

POST OF THE WEEK

PITY SO MANY PEOPLE ROUND HERE PREFER IGNORANCE

AND TO DIVIDE ALONG PETTY CLUB LINES.

and this from understudied - the most ignorant, divisive and unforgiving one eyed (collingwood) supporter at this site !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckey Vs Voss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back