Buckley can't coach

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a little worried about Swan and Thomas at present.

Swan quit the leadership group preseason and going by a few reports on here is looking a tad tubby.

After 4 magnificent seasons does he still have the hunger for the game?

While he's racked up big numbers the first two weeks you feel a lot of them haven't been quality and as others have mentioned a lot of them have been gained on the periphery of the contest.

Is it just a blip from a player easing into another season or a sympton of something more worrying?

Thomas for two weeks running has had very quiet first halves and looked a shadow of the player we've come to know and love over the last two years. Plays 10 minutes of quality and then disappears again.

He had a close relationship with Mick and one wonders whether his absence has had a negative impact on him.

Hopefully we'll see a four quarter performance from him next week.

We'll need it.

Where is the leadership at Collingwood?

I am saying it already.

We are gone!

Non existent.

Don't wanna sound negative but if we continue to put up performances like that we wont make the top 4. We have some star players but also some absolute duds. God forbid if we got a couple of injuries to our gun players. We'd be lucky to make the eight if that happened.

Buckley is really showing his lack of nous.

The change from Malthouse to Buckley has hurt the whole Collingwood empire.

Buckley has shown nothing yet.

Rob Harvey can't coach.

Just cause you were a great player. doesn't mean you can coach. Infact, sometimes it is the exact opposite.

The whole team shows no discipline.

Our coaching staff are all rookies or blokes like Eade who are only in it for the retirement money.

Basically we took our form from last years finals into this year. People were saying after our NAB cup effort to ignore it and only comment once the real season starts.

Well, 2 weeks into the season and we are nowhere near a threat this year.

I simply cant believe our ball movement this year compared to last!!

Apart from Pendles and a couple of the younger guys; our squad looked disinterested!!.

Hopefully it was a one off.

We played 6 minutes of football.

Correct! 6 minutes of football. We developed that lazy habit as season 2011 progressed. By the time Round 24 rolled around Geelong smashed us. We haven't been the same since.

Season 2012 Top Four: Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton, West Coast. Five into four won't go.

Question: Which team is the odd one out? After today's annihilation in Perth, West Coast is now an absolute monty for top four with all their home games.

Very uninspiring win. Hopefully, we are just pacing ourselves, but at the moment, we look like a 5-8 side, rather than top 4.

Disposal is woeful, and kickouts are a raffle.

We have lost the desperation that we have had in the past.

We miss Leon Daivs. We have no pace. Watch Garlett next week and you will know.

Our kick outs are appalling.

Sidebottom hardly tries. I know he is laconic but geez.

Daisy Thomas played 5 minutes of footy.

Without Maxwell out there, the backline has no one to lead them.

We can't kick goals and Dawes seems lost as he is no ruckman and not now a forward.

Swan seems to have lost a yard and now he has signed the big contract, doesn't care any more.

He must have turned it over 10 times tonight.

Without Pendlebury - we would be lost.

The Pies, without any leadership.

Sinclair would have to be the worst player to get a game in perhaps 10 years. The only thing you can be sure of when he gets his hands on the ball is, that the opposition will have it soon after. Julian Rowe and Ben Davies can consider themselves unlucky in comparison.

Would be nice if some senior players could find it in their overpaid hearts to string together 4 quarters next week, even if we lose.

Robert Walls on SEN, comes out with "right now, I reckon Judd and Murphy are the two most elite and best midfielders in the League "
icon_lol.gif

He could be right!

All the five sides (Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton and West Coast) currently in the mix for a top four finish have great midfields.

The question is what we can get out of our defense and forwards that will swing the scales in our favour. Right now, I am doubtful we can displace the other four sides.

I don't often agree with Robert Walls, but Carlton and West Coast have as much of a chance of the flag this year as Geelong and Hawthorn.

We don't I'm afraid. Our injury toll mounts from tonight and our kids aren't up to it.

We will be smashed by the Blues on Friday night.

Ive never known anyone to whinge and moan more than u, its round 2 ffs, your a dead set tool...

I am saying it already.

We are gone!

Non existent.

Don't wanna sound negative but if we continue to put up performances like that we wont make the top 4. We have some star players but also some absolute duds. God forbid if we got a couple of injuries to our gun players. We'd be lucky to make the eight if that happened.

Rob Harvey can't coach.

Just cause you were a great player. doesn't mean you can coach. Infact, sometimes it is the exact opposite.

Our coaching staff are all rookies or blokes like Eade who are only in it for the retirement money.

Basically we took our form from last years finals into this year. People were saying after our NAB cup effort to ignore it and only comment once the real season starts.

Apart from Pendles and a couple of the younger guys; our squad looked disinterested!!.

Correct! 6 minutes of football. We developed that lazy habit as season 2011 progressed. By the time Round 24 rolled around Geelong smashed us. We haven't been the same since.

Season 2012 Top Four: Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton, West Coast. Five into four won't go.

Question: Which team is the odd one out? After today's annihilation in Perth, West Coast is now an absolute monty for top four with all their home games.

Very uninspiring win. Hopefully, we are just pacing ourselves, but at the moment, we look like a 5-8 side, rather than top 4.

We can't kick goals and Dawes seems lost as he is no ruckman and not now a forward.

Swan seems to have lost a yard and now he has signed the big contract, doesn't care any more.

Sinclair would have to be the worst player to get a game in perhaps 10 years. The only thing you can be sure of when he gets his hands on the ball is, that the opposition will have it soon after. Julian Rowe and Ben Davies can consider themselves unlucky in comparison.

Would be nice if some senior players could find it in their overpaid hearts to string together 4 quarters next week, even if we lose.

Robert Walls on SEN, comes out with "right now, I reckon Judd and Murphy are the two most elite and best midfielders in the League "
icon_lol.gif

He could be right!

All the five sides (Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton and West Coast) currently in the mix for a top four finish have great midfields.

The question is what we can get out of our defense and forwards that will swing the scales in our favour. Right now, I am doubtful we can displace the other four sides.

I don't often agree with Robert Walls, but Carlton and West Coast have as much of a chance of the flag this year as Geelong and Hawthorn.

We don't I'm afraid. Our injury toll mounts from tonight and our kids aren't up to it.

You only have to look at Post 46 on the Carlton v Collingwood thread and the various rants Blessed has started on the Collingwood board to realise that Blessed doesn't, has never & never will support Collingwood. Blessed just hates Collingwood and creates these inane posts all the time and Collingwood supporters take no notice.

Another point the top four are not set in stone and the arrogance shown by those club supporters after round 2 is amazing. At this stage there is no premiership favourite or certain top four contenders. Get to round 15 or 16 and then you can call it. Long long season and some of you have it all done and dusted.

I think that's what makes this an interesting topic. Buckley is in a position of being gifted a premiership team who has played in three grand finals. Collingwood is still the same team as last year, the only major difference is that Collingwood has a new coach. If Collingwood doesn't make the top four or perhaps even miss the grand final, it will make decision to replace Malthouse when he's at the top of his game as a big mistake.

Carlton have beaten last years 13th and 15th and are talking Premierships
happy0015.gif

We have a number of players out and are trying new things, Our season hasn't started yet.

That's it mate early doors. At this time last year you blokes were flying but were running on empty when it mattered. Not much good peaking now Carlton, Hawthorn and West Coast.

I think that's what makes this an interesting topic. Buckley is in a position of being gifted a premiership team who has played in three grand finals. Collingwood is still the same team as last year, the only major difference is that Collingwood has a new coach. If Collingwood doesn't make the top four or perhaps even miss the grand final, it will make decision to replace Malthouse when he's at the top of his game as a big mistake.

No Davis and Brown and with injuries to Brown, McAffer, Krakeour, Maxwell and Didak means that they aren't the same team. Buckley wasn't gifted a premiership team, he took over as part of a succession plan for last season's runner up side. The alternative is the Sheedy model with Malthouse's head in a jar coaching the team in 2029 in 'Futurama' style. If Buckley had gone to another club and Mick pulled the pin in 2013 then Eddie's head would have exploded.

April folks. Let's not be fooled.

It has nothing to do with Buckley not being able to coach, there is no hurry, the season is long, lets see how things are going after round 11 and see if we are in the mix. We have some tough games early and yes would would love to win them all, but it's not about being on top now, it's about building up as the season goes along and I think both Collingwood and Geelong will be starting off slowly this season. Lets let the other teams think they are it and a bit while we are getting ready to knock them off when it counts.

Yeah right, if you lose next week and you're 1 from 3 your i deep shit.

Confidence is a bitch, look at dees, not just for your own chumps, and you've got chumps, but for those playing you who know you are vulnerable - and you are.

Long time gone are the days when it was being asked if you were even beatable, now your asking if you can even win, give it till round 11........you finished if thats your view.

No Davis and Brown and with injuries to Brown, McAffer, Krakeour, Maxwell and Didak means that they aren't the same team.

So are you telling me that Collingwood hasn't had any injuries over the last few years? Injuries heal. They will get most of those players back on the park well before the end of the year. We will see then.

Remember, they played Richmond on the weekend. They were ordinary compared to how they were the last few years. They were merciless and smashing us with 10+ goals. If this is a result of injuries then is just shows the lack of depth.

Regarding Davis, they lost Davis under Buckley's watch not Malthouse. Davis was playing under Malthouse last year but not playing this year.

Buckley wasn't gifted a premiership team, he took over as part of a succession plan for last season's runner up side. The alternative is the Sheedy model with Malthouse's head in a jar coaching the team in 2029 in 'Futurama' style.

Yes Buckley was part of a succession plan and Eddie couldn't have predicted that Collingwood would become premiers in just a few years and become as strong as they were. But is it worth honoring some agreement like this if it's a risk of having another tilt of a premiership?

Malthouse has proven that he can get Collingwod there and has the team to do it. Buckley is more of an unknown quantity. What would be better? Having a best possible shot at a premiership for the next 2 years or having less of a chance of one and having a new coach who could coach for a long time.

Our game plan has changed that much it is insane and will take some time for everyone to get onto the same page.

Last year we were ranked 1 for using the boundry this year we are ranked 18th

Our game plan has changed that much it is insane and will take some time for everyone to get onto the same page.

Last year we were ranked 1 for using the boundry this year we are ranked 18th

Yeah - thats what it is........using the corridor is so hard to adapt to ?!!

Pies averaging what, 14 goals, Blues are averaging what ? 20, 21 goals ?

Better practice your game plan, or, ask your coach why he is implementing something so radical and all encompasing your team during your window - which is truly closing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better practice your game plan, or, ask your coach why he is implementing something so radical and all encompasing your team during your window - which is truly closing.
Um yeah it probably is when you have been playing a boundary line game plan for 3 years :rolleyes:
you have beaten 2 teams that finished 12th and 15th from last year,So now your Premiership bound?
Like I have said before your posting is bay 13 worthy.

Zone and Presses are strongest in the corridor, it is why teams go wide against them, so you have the option of the boundary if your attempt fails, there is no comfort zone up the middle.

Going up the guts a zone or press compresses on you from all sides, you really need to have slick ball movement to break through a press through the middle.

Why is he trying to slot Dawes in as Leigh Brown and not making the most of Dawes as a power forward?

No one has answered that question.

I want Chris Dawes to play the Chris Dawes role and kick goals!!!

I want Cameron Wood to play the Cam Wood role or Ceglar to play the Ceglar role.

Pretty obvious to anyone who knows the game actually. Ceglar and Witts have showed that they are not yet up to senior selection and probably won't be used until there are a few more senior players around them for support. Wood has been injured and is not yet ready to return.

In the meanwhile, Collingwood have a young forward in the name of Paine who showed a bit in the preseason who just may be the difference come September. He's another tall in our forward line and despite not yet being 100% up to the role, his defensive pressure has been as good as anyone.

Nope, I think it's fair to say that Bucks is putting a bit in the bank right now while he's forced to and meanwhile, Dawes has done OK on the whole so I suspect Bucks will be sleeping fairly soundly.
No Davis and Brown and with injuries to Brown, McAffer, Krakeour, Maxwell and Didak means that they aren't the same team. Buckley wasn't gifted a premiership team, he took over as part of a succession plan for last season's runner up side. The alternative is the Sheedy model with Malthouse's head in a jar coaching the team in 2029 in 'Futurama' style. If Buckley had gone to another club and Mick pulled the pin in 2013 then Eddie's head would have exploded.

April folks. Let's not be fooled.
:thumbsu: Good to know there are some people on this board with some nous.

Good chance we will be 1 and 2 after next weekend with the trolls writing off our season but I think there will be a few Pies fans doing some big time bookmarking.

I am saying it already.

We are gone!

Non existent.

Rob Harvey can't coach.

icon_lol.gif

He could be right!

We know you are the biggest a------- on our board and you have proven it with this post,you had your nose put out of joint over your rumours about Pendlebury and now you have come out with this.

You are know for what you are on the Pies board,a person who gets it wrong more than he gets it right and picks holes in Collingwood constantly,since being caught out with your rumours about Pendlebury you have constantly belittled the club for any and every conceivable reason.

So now you are starting in on Buckley par for the course for you,you are without doubt the most negative poster on the Pies board and see only the bad points as far as Collingwood are concerned because you knew what sort of reception your post would receive on our board you have posted here instead.

You have been caught out about Pendlebury,he never signed with GWS as you said he would you my friend have an axe to grind but you do not admit it you are pathetic.

Personally I give as much credibility to this poster as I do to The Finger. Members who hide their true allegiance behind another teams colours are hardly worth the headspace it takes to respond frankly.

It seems to me that it might be good if the mods took more notice of these trolls and either ban them permanently of force them to reflect their true allegiance in their profile. If I was a Demons fan I'd be just as annoyed about someone masquerading in their colours and thereby denigrating their club as I would if I was a Saints supporter knowing that one of their own is still so embarrased he cant even bear to wear his own team's colours in public.

Threads like this one make it fairly clear that the OP either has no allegiance to Collingwood or simply doesn't understand the game.

I cant understand how people can even have a judgement either way on a two game coach. To be perfectly honest I dont understand how people who dont play under a coach can really make judgement.

This doesnt just go for Buckley either Collingwood supporters where trolling Melbourne in regard to them getting Neeld.:eek:

I'm a little worried about Swan and Thomas at present.

Swan quit the leadership group preseason and going by a few reports on here is looking a tad tubby.

Right you completely lost it for me there. Swan looks as fit as Ive ever seen him,If anything he looks like he has slimmed down and lost the bulk.

You dont have a clue about football at all and even less about the collingwood football club specifically. I also think you are to ignorant to be classed as trolling.

I find it hard to believe you have been a collingwood supporter as long as you claim as its round 2 we are 1-1 and the sky is falling. get back to me when we don't make the finals for 8 straight years ala in the 90's. If you are a true collingwood supporter you are deadset embarrassing yourself champ. Otherwise piss off

How people think you win the flag in April has got me stuffed, and i thought after last year collingwood supporters would get this the most

I find it funny that the thread title is "Buckley Can't Coach" then the OP goes on to list ten reasons as to why Collingwood have had a relatively slow start to the year, none of which are to do with Buckley.

Personally I give as much credibility to this poster as I do to The Finger. Members who hide their true allegiance behind another teams colours are hardly worth the headspace it takes to respond frankly.

It seems to me that it might be good if the mods took more notice of these trolls and either ban them permanently of force them to reflect their true allegiance in their profile. If I was a Demons fan I'd be just as annoyed about someone masquerading in their colours and thereby denigrating their club as I would if I was a Saints supporter knowing that one of their own is still so embarrased he cant even bear to wear his own team's colours in public.

Threads like this one make it fairly clear that the OP either has no allegiance to Collingwood or simply doesn't understand the game.

Nope. He barracks for Collingwood. We got these types at Geelong too. Think panicky loudmouth in those disaster movies. :D:thumbsu:

you havent played anyone decent yet.

blues are always good at putting the foot down against poor teams.

lets see how many goals you kick against the hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley can't coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back