Buckley hamstring again ... retirement?

Remove this Banner Ad

He is rated by quite a few Collingwood people who saw both B.Rose play as in Bobby's league

G.Coventry was probably the poorer of the 4 Coventry and Collier brothers actually!!

Fair enough. Yeah useful family the Coventry/Collier dynasty.

It was more to do with the trend of ignoring everything besides the last 10 years. Nothing against Buckley, there's never been a more dedicated or professional player. From Collingwood or anywhere else.

Fair enough. Yeah useful family the Coventry/Collier dynasty.

It was more to do with the trend of ignoring everything besides the last 10 years. Nothing against Buckley, there's never been a more dedicated or professional player. From Collingwood or anywhere else.

yeah colliers and coventrys went alright!

Bucks is the leading Copeland Trophy winner with 6
Bucks has captained the club more than S.Coventry now
Bucks has been consistently brilliant for his entire career

B.Rose only played 150 games for the Woods, and is still talked about as our best ever so must have been brilliant, yet fairly sure his brother Kevin has said he considers Buckley his equal

Blokes like Daicos, Greening, Carman may have been more talented than Bucks, but Bucks got more out of himself for the woods

Good Riddance.

Filthy blood smearing hack.

Not fit to lick the boots of Hird or Voss.

:thumbsdown:

I'd be happy too if I supported "Gee-long time since you're last premiership"...

The pussies never really had anyone capable enough to run with Buckley, when was the last time Gee-long beat the Pies? It definately wasn't last year...:D

BTW..He hasn't yet retired.

You should not be allowed near a football site if you think that Nathan Buckley is/was a hack. Get back in your hole you moronic tool.

agreed. this guys becoming the new parrot. bucks a champion, yeh maybe he didnt win a flag but to see him consistently put in 4 quarters of hard hitting footy as well as lead the side out of the slumps shows he is a champion.

:confused:

Hope the Brissy Fans enjoyed them 'cos it's going to be a loooooooong time before the next one. Did you see, they could'nt even beat Richmond?

hahaha

I think we are building another team capable of giving the premiership another serious tilt in a few years. Some serious young guns at brissie while collingwood have perhaps Pendlebury and not much else. Why you see so many threads about him as that's all you have besides young hacks and dinosaurs. Thomas is a one trick pony.

Brisbane will be up and beating Collingwood in GFs again before you know it;)

I think we are building another team capable of giving the premiership another serious tilt in a few years. Some serious young guns at brissie while collingwood have perhaps Pendlebury and not much else. Why you see so many threads about him as that's all you have besides young hacks and dinosaurs. Thomas is a one trick pony.

Beat Richmond....then talk about Grand Finals.:thumbsu:

Thanks.

Ok who?
Apart from Mitch Clark your youngsters are very very average.
Players like Sherman, Rischitelli, Stiller are not much good and wont take you to the finals again.

Don't even get me started on duds like Hooper and Merrett, friggin funny that they can even get a game at an AFL club, i'd reckon they would struggle to fit into a VFL side.

Buckley has been a champion of the game and it is sad to see him battle with his ageing body to just get on the park .

I personally feel it is time for him to bow out of the game and leave behind the memories of him at his brilliant best...rather than run around for a few games and have no impact whatsoever .

No matter what our feelings are about Collingwood and Buckley ..we all have to acknowledge that the bloke was an out and out star :thumbsu:

(now i have to go and wash my mouth out) :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley has been a champion of the game and it is sad to see him battle with his ageing body to just get on the park .

I personally feel it is time for him to bow out of the game and leave behind the memories of him at his brilliant best...rather than run around for a few games and have no impact whatsoever .

No matter what our feelings are about Collingwood and Buckley ..we all have to acknowledge that the bloke was an out and out star :thumbsu:

Most sensible comment EVER from a Carlton fan. hats off to you for the way you acknowledge a TRUE champion.

agree with the sentiment, but last year showed that when Buckley gets himself on the park he is still a quality footballer

not many players can kick 6 goals and have 30 disposals in a game.....bucks did against the brions last year!!

Great post mate. Well said, the one thing i hate most about some supporters is when they cant put aside what colour jumper the player wears and just watch the footballer for who he is not who he plays for. I for one admire lots of footballers from other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley hamstring again ... retirement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back