Mega Thread Buddy Franklin moves to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

It is absolutely disgraceful that Hawthorn can afford both Franklin and Rioli! (And Mitchell, Roughead etc)

It is absolutely disgraceful that Carlton can afford both Judd and Murphy!

It is absolutely disgraceful that Collingwood can afford both Swan and Pendlebury! (And Cloke, Thomas etc)

#consistency

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-stupid-thumb.jpg

Jay Clark reporting that GWS offered 1.2mil for 5 seasons and we came in and offered 1.4mil for 6 years!

17 clubs unanimously voted against us getting a PP, surely the 17 clubs have to unanimously vote to scrap this 10% COLA

It is absolutely disgraceful that Hawthorn can afford both Franklin and Rioli! (And Mitchell, Roughead etc)

It is absolutely disgraceful that Carlton can afford both Judd and Murphy!

It is absolutely disgraceful that Collingwood can afford both Swan and Pendlebury! (And Cloke, Thomas etc)

#consistency

Collingwood drafted Swan and Pendelbury and didn't poach them from other clubs. Ditto Franklin, Rioli, Mitchell, Roughead & Murphy. And Judd, well we all know he gets paid in brown paper bags.

I prey this is true - but what trade chips do Sydney have? Was pretty pretty excited at trading with GWS - but Sydney don't even have a top 10 draft pick!!!!

Argh!

Don't want Mumford either.

I reckon Mumford is coming to us. Can't see them trading one of their mids to us, so we'll get Mumford and, what, pick 16 or 17? Might be later than that as there will probably be compo picks etc.

that gives us 2 high picks in the first round which we can no doubt onforward for another mid/forward.

either way, I have faith in us to make this move work for us.

Why are they buying Buddy then?

What a joke this is, but hey, that's the league.

Can't believe Freo weren't in with more of a shot really.

Pretty sure he is to replace Goodes. Goodes has been the face of football in NSW for some time now. Next year could be his last dance.

So much grief. But I think we've basically planned this very well. They had a meeting at the end of 2008 to set all of this up. And the administrators knew Free Agency was coming in.

People forget how quiet were were in 2010. 2009 was a blockbuster trading period where the core group was bascially put in place. In 2010 they "seemed" to do nothing at all. But according to the plan they displayed to the AFL commission this year, the intention was always to target a big gun in 2012 (cue Tippo), and have powder for the first couple of years of Free Agency.

Frankly, any club that wasn't preparing their lists for the top end player churn that Ablett's departure heralded as a the new "norm" of AFL football was kidding themselves.

Cue: real rivalry with GWS here too. Positive the Swans were never going to simply give the Giants an endless number of free kciks in our backyard.

Ok the AFL has to start paying the COLA directly to the players. They pay the swans this amount as a distribution but its supposed to go to every player, not be set aside for the use too get a star player.

So from now on if the Swans want a 9.8% COLA then the AFL pays it to every player every month and not give the club the $$$ to stick into general revenue.

I said in a previous post, I just can't imagine Buddy playing in front of 5-8000 people in Canberra and about 25,000 in Melbourne playing for GWS..Buddy is just too much of a crowd poser... A moderator posed COLA in reply to my post, looks like that is panning out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Hawks match the offer and it's a forced trade?

Someone enlighten me.

Also Eagles need to have Naita signed up now. Out of contract next year and GWS NEED A BIG FISH.

Love the meltdown going on. Disgrace. Wrong. COLA.
We are writing the book on how to run a club, how to create an atmosphere where the best players want to be. All started with Kelly, Barrassi, and Locket. Before that, we lost 33 games in a row and no-one gave a shit. The AFL bought us back for $1. We were gone, and no one gave a shit.

You're a tool mate, a cheat-happy tool.

If there's a god in heaven, both Buddy and Tippett will snap their legs in half in round 1 next season.

Die you scumbags, die.

Meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Love the meltdown going on. Disgrace. Wrong. COLA.
We are writing the book on how to run a club, how to create an atmosphere where the best players want to be. All started with Kelly, Barrassi, and Locket. Before that, we lost 33 games in a row and no-one gave a shit. The AFL bought us back for $1. We were gone, and no one gave a shit.

23 in a row.

It's also Lockett. Two T's.

Also - the book can be titled "How to run an Australian Rules Football club - when you have an extra 10% to pay your players than most of your competitors".

Cue: real rivalry with GWS here too. Positive the Swans were never going to simply give the Giants an endless number of free kciks in our backyard.

Didn't even consider this, but I'd love this to be one of the small reasons we got him

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Buddy Franklin moves to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back