Buddy Out - mental health issue, says club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans starting to mount a case to have Buddy's remaining contract / salary excluded from future year salary cap. They're creating a loop hole to exploit. All very suss.
The actual story is that buddy's back is completely farked and the swans are spreading the false rumours of the 3rd strike due to drugs so they can appeal to the afl to have the contract excluded from the cap.

Illimunati

Busted on a game day test and facing a serious ban.. As anyone does in that situation, you play the depression/mental illness card..
No hate for Buddy,he's human like the rest of us, but that's the reality of the situation.

Gone undercover to investigate the Triads... The idea that he is in the US and receiving treatment is the perfect cover. No hate for the Feds/AFL. I understand that this is a job that needs to be done, I just wish it didn't affect my club. That's the reality of the situation.

Gone undercover to investigate the Triads... The idea that he is in the US and receiving treatment is the perfect cover. No hate for the Feds/AFL. I understand that this is a job that needs to be done, I just wish it didn't affect my club. That's the reality of the situation.
Bookmark my post and tell me if I'm wrong in a month...
As I said, no hate for Bud..

Buddy probably had a mental breakdown, you definitely couldn't play with that. pretty low if they're covering up more problematic issues with the mental health terminology IMO, as it's kind of manipulative in the sense that you can't really question it...

Busted on a game day test and facing a serious ban.. As anyone does in that situation, you play the depression/mental illness card..
No hate for Buddy,he's human like the rest of us, but that's the reality of the situation.

Where did you hear this? There's another rumour about what really happened on the rumours board.

There is the possibility that he could have tried something extreme that people with mental illness unfortunately often try. Think about it before you start throwing around vile accusations.
Yup. I've thought about it. And I have concluded that it is extremely unlikely that whatever Franklin is going through would require being sent away from family, friends, his doctors, the club and their doctors, his partner team-mates and everyone else as a course of action.

Would probably expect his fiancee not to leave the country if he'd tried to kill himself too, which I assume is what you're hinting at with the "something extreme" hyperbole.

Also the fact that on the day it was announced there was a press scrum at his, and his parents houses might suggest that hanging around australia and not being able to go out in public anywhere, and being followed and harassed by the media isn't the best option for him right now?
Nah. They'll all be on a flight to Canberra now. He can come out of his parents house and no one would give a shit. Not that I actually believe that there was a press scrum at his parents house but w/e.

Some absolute spanners in this thread.
Agreed. You're one of them.

Perth is a small town..all the reliable talk is a gameday bust !

Let's be honest, though. Perth is a small town populated by the sort of people only one charismatic preacher away from drowning women in the Swan River when they're accused of witchcraft. Most isolated city in the world.

I said earlier in the thread it was his 3rd strike... got shouted down of course but I stand by my comment. The news that he will miss the rest of the season just confirms my sources information... he was correct about Adelaide Crows interest in Jeremy Cameron and the fact that Jezza actually went and met with Crow officials so lets wait and see if he is correct about this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF there is more to the story, a conspiracy or a cover up, it will come out in the press.

There is no way anything of that magnitude would remain a secret in the modern sports media climate.
Yeah, just how the symmetrical collapse of WTC7, partially at freefall acceleration, was broadcast all over CNN/FOX or Channel 7 over the past 14 years:rolleyes:

Mate of mine who works in sydney just told me He has contacts who say he tested positive for meth and the illness is "addiction" and this is almost certainly his 3rd strike. Dont quote me my friend could be full of shit but just wanted to see if anyone had heard similar rumours.
Yes, posted a thread on Scandals and Rumours.

Let's be honest, though. Perth is a small town populated by the sort of people only one charismatic preacher away from drowning women in the Swan River when they're accused of witchcraft. Most isolated city in the world.
Have you been over here since the mining boom?o_O
Many words can be used to accurately describe Perth but small is no longer one.

Yes, posted a thread on Scandals and Rumours.

Addiction isn't an illness

Might be From the list the afl use

But from psychological perspective the addiction isn't the Illness .......I'm an addiction counsellor and have been for four years.

I'm not sold on all the rumours but time will tell. I've read bits n pieces but geeze the Internet can be wrong sometimes.

I said earlier in the thread it was his 3rd strike... got shouted down of course but I stand by my comment. The news that he will miss the rest of the season just confirms my sources information... he was correct about Adelaide Crows interest in Jeremy Cameron and the fact that Jezza actually went and met with Crow officials so lets wait and see if he is correct about this one.

been a while isn't it SizeMatters ? dlanod might know :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy Out - mental health issue, says club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back