Buddy Out - mental health issue, says club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thread should be locked until new info comes up regarding this situation. No point speculating and going off topic. Rumors are not needed.

Imagine if every thread on BF was closed due to incidents of speculation, rumours and going off topic.

May as well close the doors.

His culture is different

He's from dowerin ...google it ......Its bloody small and if he was dowerin in wa around a BBQ in thongs with his people he would be different. You have to remember his up bringing to understand why people are the way they are .......and no matter what wealth and fame it doesn't change

https://www.psychology.org.au/publications/inpsych/cultures/

This psychologists I have met and done training with as I'm a drug and alcohol counsellor and work with many aboriginal people ......I suspect he might be experiencing what we call cultural illness

How come he never came back to WA? Freo and WCE would have thrown decent money at him.

Players are well coached how to act in public and true character sometimes are hidden.

Mate, your posts have been insightful and rounded and the fact you speak so openly about your employment says to me you love what you do. I enjoy your posts, don't let idiots here put you down!

No problems

Hey I've always said if we were discussing cars and a bloke says I'm a mechanic do you think id be arguing with about cars .....lol

My belief on buddy Is he's struggled with the limelight ...he comes from Dowerin population 370 ......

He was into the afl system pretty quickly playing in front of 100k winning flags ...money money ....girls ...partying ...His indigenous heritage does impact how someone fits into big city environment also.

Imagine the other way ...take someone say from big city of Sydney and place them in weatherboard house in Dowerin ...how do you think a person would go ....imagine that

It's no easier going the other way. Buddy I how gets the help he needs.

No problems

Hey I've always said if we were discussing cars and a bloke says I'm a mechanic do you think id be arguing with about cars .....lol

My belief on buddy Is he's struggled with the limelight ...he comes from Dowerin population 370 ......

He was into the afl system pretty quickly playing in front of 100k winning flags ...money money ....girls ...partying ...His indigenous heritage does impact how someone fits into big city environment also.

Imagine the other way ...take someone say from big city of Sydney and place them in weatherboard house in Dowerin ...how do you think a person would go ....imagine that

It's no easier going the other way. Buddy I how gets the help he needs.

He boarded at Wesley didn't he?

Once the news break, we hear from the swans, jeff kennett, afl etc how serious mental illness can be, which of course is true. However not serious enough for his fiancee to return from japan? Hmmm....

I found this very odd also ...But..

Some though prefer to tackle issues on their own ...indigenous people sometime feel what's called "shame" when mentally unwell and they may not want his love one around him.

How come he never came back to WA? Freo and WCE would have thrown decent money at him.

Players are well coached how to act in public and true character sometimes are hidden.

He was playing in a side winning flags .....

Thanks

What I also know is how your raised from 0-5 has the biggest impact in life

What I know is that a ****load of people my age who grew up in the city and aren't aboriginal would have developed substance abuse issues if they had the sort of cash Franklin does.

And in fact a lot do anyway even with far less cash.

At the moment there is nothing to conclude that his upbringing had anything to do with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was playing in a side winning flags .....

I'm talking about the move to Sydney. It was all financially motivated. For someone from a small town who as BF reports as simple the move is out of character.

And given Sydney are a good chance of being in a PF and GF, why has he ruled himself out for the whole series if he cares about premierships?

What we can conclude is that his issue is really serious or that the AFL has forced him to sit out.

What I know is that a ****load of people my age who grew up in the city and aren't aboriginal would have developed substance abuse issues if they had the sort of cash Franklin does.

And in fact a lot do anyway even with far less cash.

At the moment there is nothing to conclude that his upbringing had anything to do with it

Ok that's ok you're entitled to your opinion. I spend a lot of time with indigenous families

Read anything on early childhood development

I'm talking about the move to Sydney. It was all financially motivated. For someone from a small town who as BF reports as simple the move is out of character.

And given Sydney are a good chance of being in a PF and GF, why has he ruled himself out for the whole series if he cares about premierships?

What we can conclude is that his issue is really serious or that the AFL has forced him to sit out.

Quite possibly true and do what if it's drug related ......do we need the afl saying right before the finals and overshadowing the whole final series ...I suspect me mental health issues are affected by it though

Hawthorn offered him more money than Sydney.
Judging by his personality, id say one of the largest reasons he moved there was to get out of the spotlight to some extent.

I wouldn't have moved if I was him

Judging by his personality, id say one of the largest reasons he moved there was to get out of the spotlight to some extent.

The teams in Melbourne

One in Sydney well two sorry I'd argue more spotlight in Sydney

I find that hard to believe.

Sydney used a loop hole to offer substantially more than any other club. Otherwise why is everyone crying about COLA? and his long term contract.

I find that hard to believe.

Sydney used a loop hole to offer substantially more than any other club. Otherwise why is everyone crying about COLA? and his long term contract.
Sydneys deal was quite a bit longer so that could of played some part, but we did offer a lot.
I think the complaints came as result of Buddy being singed one year after tippet, to an already star started line up.

I get that premise ...

But on that kind of coun, 9 year contract, 1.2 Million per year ...you're expected to perform ....

That's pressure ...
I agree with that.

I've watched that kind of pressure destroy lots of players in different codes around the world and have been amazed at how Buddy has dealt with it.

It's hard to really know what is happening now. Sad really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy Out - mental health issue, says club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back