Building Matty's support Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha - I will laugh if Scott gets the job.

Sanderson was push by the Vic press and even Geelong and Thompson as the right candidate to coach Port. It even fooled some of our supporters to think that he would and/or should get our job. And they whinged that our selection panel ignored him.

Sanderson was never going to get a gig at Port. His application for the senior job was totally ignored.

He broke his contract in October 2006, when he accepted an offer Geelong made to him when we played that exhibition game in London against Geelong. The fact he took a lot of Port's intellectual property, the way he left, the 2007 GF result, all means you will never see Sanderson at Alberton again.

Now if Hinkley misses out and has cut his ties with the GC, then I hope we go after him.

Channel 9 reported:
Cripps - defense
Hocking - midfield
Campo - forwards

Healy and Nicks development.

Well... I guess we are still looking...

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/camporeale-joins-crows-20101017-16oub.html
Adelaide have appointed Scott Camporeale to replace Todd Viney on the AFL club's coaching staff.
Camporeale, the former star Carlton midfielder, left Essendon last month after three seasons as an assistant there.
http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/camporeale-joins-crows-20101017-16oub.html

Actually - I fear that this decision may have been about the money... If our budgets are as tight as is rumoured, there is probably no way that we can compete with an offer from a club that still has money to burn (for now... ;) )

Actually - I fear that this decision may have been about the money... If our budgets are as tight as is rumoured, there is probably no way that we can compete with an offer from a club that still has money to burn (for now... ;) )

I said that early on in our process! We may need to look for someone like D. Mead as our defence coach?

Channel Crow were the only ones to run that set up - but the numbers didn't add up. When Port moved Trevena on it sounded like there would only be one person heading up junior development, not two.

Healy and Nicks have been identified as assistant coaches by other media outlets, so it could be that a new person is coming in to head up junior development, or one of those goes into that role, with Hocking moving into an assistant role.

But as I posted a few days ago, it was being reported Camporeale had put his hand up for the crows job, so it was unlikely he was in our mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But as I posted a few days ago, it was being reported Camporeale had put his hand up for the crows job, so it was unlikely he was in our mix.

He was FF.

Port Adelaide and Adelaide both offered him a job as an assistant coach, but he chose to accept Adelaide's offer.

I would think that given Port's tight financail circumstances, money could well have been a factor.

I'm not sure missing out on Camporeale is a big loss anyway.

No doubt he was using us to get a bigger pay cheque at the AFC.

No doubt he was using us to get a bigger pay cheque at the AFC.
Thats a cynical thought, when has Camporeale ever used the threat of coming to Port to inflate his wages before?

Oh wait, thats right. Every time he wanted a new contract.

I'm hoping (praying) that campo's move to the crows hasn't opened the door for the albino to come to us:eek:

I'm hoping (praying) that campo's move to the crows hasn't opened the door for the albino to come to us:eek:
Not a snowflakes chance in hell of that happening. He was dumped by the Port Magpies because he couldn't coach. The PAFC would be well aware of his deficiencies.

I'm not one to tear up memberships or threaten to not support the club due to an appointment or sacking I may or may not agree with but if the albino was to end up at Alberton again geez it would be pushing a 40 year friendship.

would we offer Sanderson Laidleys role? it was reported he is now weighing up his future after missing out on the cats job.

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Sanderson well and truly burnt his bridges at Alberton.

According to Rooch, Port are interviewing another candidate today now that Matty is back and will make announcements probably Wednesday.

Port are still trying to work an arrangement with Laidley that will fit his other commitments in Melbourne assuming he doesn't get a job with a Vic club.

According to Rooch, Port are interviewing another candidate today now that Matty is back and will make announcements probably Wednesday.

Port are still trying to work an arrangement with Laidley that will fit his other commitments in Melbourne assuming he doesn't get a job with a Vic club.

if Laidley is a mentor/Strategist, he could surely do his work from Melbourne and fly to whereever we are for match days.

He could communicate with Matty via, fax, phone net, so it shouldn't be difficult at all. I would happy to see Laidley in the role for another year if possible.

Any chance we can get Tudor Ford? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Building Matty's support Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back