Building Matty's support Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, RRM spouts seven different colours of BS day in day out.

However, let's not forget Campo is a premiership player, All-Australian, Carlton BnF winner and International Rules player, with 250+ games to his credit. He is an experienced assistant coach and has returned to Adelaide to stay. If a Victorian came here with a resume like that, people would be orgasmic.

That list of achievements tells me he knows a bit about footy, and if people want to slag him off, let's first hear what you know about his football acumen and tactical knowledge. Not just, oh he was an assistant coach at Essendon, he must be crap.

We know the gameplan Matt wants to implement, it's up to the assistant coach to know his footy well enough to work within those guidelines.

Given that we want to stop conceding runs of goals against us, what could Camporeale bring to the table?
Thats the big question. Even as a player he wasn't exactly Mr. Defence.

Has probably been said and even attempted numerous times before, but we should have a fair crack at Roy Laird. I don't care if he's scared of flying, we can just drug him so he won't be conscious during flights.
that used to work for this guy.....so why not

mr-t.jpg

Couple more names to toss around ... Gary O'Donnell's been let go by Essendon and Luke Beveridge quit as a development coach at Collingwood.

Coaches on move for trade week

Couple more names to toss around ... Gary O'Donnell's been let go by Essendon and Luke Beveridge quit as a development coach at Collingwood.

Coaches on move for trade week

Hmmm still doesn't set my world on fire.

Hopefully we hear some good names soon :) I'm not off D Mead as a defensive coach to be honest.

Hmmm still doesn't set my world on fire.

Hopefully we hear some good names soon :) I'm not off D Mead as a defensive coach to be honest.

I am. He was an honest player who got the best out of his limited skills/ability but his communication skills are poor. Not sure how effective he will be as an assistant coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think O'Donnell could be handy.

I asked about him a few weeks ago and why he has never got a main gig and someone linked a story that he wants to head off into footy admin. This sacking might hasten that move, but personally I'd look at him to be our defensive coach.

I know he was mentioned as a possibility however Alan Richardson has now just confirmed he will be 2IC at Carlton.

yeah on AFl trade radio too, senior assistant to Ratten!

Where's our announcement damn it lol

I know he was mentioned as a possibility however Alan Richardson has now just confirmed he will be 2IC at Carlton.

Would always be difficult to get him out of Melbourne, especially if cashed up clubs were interested. And he has media commitments. Looks like he decided there was no promotional future at Essendon.

I asked about him a few weeks ago and why he has never got a main gig and someone linked a story that he wants to head off into footy admin. This sacking might hasten that move, but personally I'd look at him to be our defensive coach.

Admin, do you mean like Rhode's role? :D

I would pass on him, personally think we need fresh blood eg Lockyer Development coach at Freeo.

Is the Lade rumour around still?

Lade Forward, Hocking Midfield, Mead Defence. Senior assistant who friggen knows, appears noone wants to come hear. Laidley perhaps?

Would always be difficult to get him out of Melbourne, especially if cashed up clubs were interested. And he has media commitments. Looks like he decided there was no promotional future at Essendon.

i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

I am. He was an honest player who got the best out of his limited skills/ability but his communication skills are poor. Not sure how effective he will be as an assistant coach.

SOS was never much chop as a commentator but has moulded the Saints' back six into the meanest bunch of hombres since Batman and Robin watched Erin's dad eat their lunch and took out their frustrations on mobs of charlatans wearing yellow sashes and candystripes.

Meady would have plenty to offer imo.

O'Donnell stated about 4 or 5 years ago that he didn't want a senior coaching job and wanted to get into the admin side of football. He must have changed his mind about his career path in the meantime, otherwise why did he become an assistant? Surely there must be plenty of admin type jobs around for a gjuy like him.

SOS was never much chop as a commentator but has moulded the Saints' back six into the meanest bunch of hombres since Batman and Robin watched Erin's dad eat their lunch and took out their frustrations on mobs of charlatans wearing yellow sashes and candystripes.

Meady would have plenty to offer imo.

I am not saying he should be a Tim Lane or Bruce "special" Mcvaney but he needs to be able to piece a few syllables together if he is to communicate between the coach and the players. I disagree with you about SOS. Sure he may talk slowly (like Rann) but I think he speaks very well.

Leigh Tudor's gone to Sydney. Sorry Rick.:eek:
We're doing a great job of surrounding a first time head coach (put aside the 7 games care taker role) with quality or proven assistants at the moment. Hopefully there are names in the works we are unaware of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Building Matty's support Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back