Gridlock'd

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2002
Tassie
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Leeds, Renault
So with some of the round 1 2013 games being released yesterday, does anyone have any idea what games the doggies may be playing and when?

The fixture is set to be released later this month.

Hmm let me guess

North Melbourne twice, one on Mother's day, the other a Sunday dead rubber
Essendon twice, in the early part of the season, before all their injuries mount up
Collingwood away at Ethiad twilight
Sydney Swans twice
Freo at home
Port Adelaide at home
Brisbane at home
West Coast away
Adelaide away
Port Adelaide away
Lions away
Melbourne twice

Oh yeah a Home game to Carlton in a twilight timeslot
Home game to Richmond yeehaa

You would expect we will play GWS, GCS and either Melbourne or Port twice.

All things being equal - that could be eight wins right there.

Hmm let me guess

Essendon twice, in the early part of the season, before all their injuries mount up
Sydney Swans twice
Freo at home
Port Adelaide at home
Brisbane at home
West Coast away
Adelaide away
Port Adelaide away
Lions away
Melbourne twice

That one will be on Easter Sunday at 1.00PM.

We will only play the top 4 of 2012 once each next year according to Patrick Keane. Cbf embedding tweets, so you'll have to take my word for it :p

Odds on us having away games in Sydney and Launceston and being the designated away team against Collingwood?

Hmm let me guess

Sydney Swans twice
Freo at home
Port Adelaide at home
Brisbane at home
West Coast away
Adelaide away
Port Adelaide away
Lions away
Melbourne twice

Spot on.

I'd just add Geelong on a friday night in there somewhere. Seems to happen most years.

Brisbane at Etihad first up.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149898/default.aspx
ROUND 1, 2013
Friday, March 22
Adelaide v Essendon at AAMI Stadium

Saturday, March 23

Fremantle v West Coast at Patersons Stadium

Thursday, March 28

Carlton v Richmond at the MCG

Saturday, March 30

Western Bulldogs v Brisbane Lions at Etihad Stadium
Gold Coast v St Kilda at Metricon Stadium
Greater Western Sydney v Sydney Swans at ANZ Stadium

Sunday, March 31

Melbourne v Port Adelaide at the MCG
North Melbourne v Collingwood at Etihad Stadium

Monday, April 1

Hawthorn v Geelong at the MCG
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149898/default.aspx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance of the Doggys beating the Lions without Brian Lake?
Looking at your post on the Lions board, clearly you don't think so. Don't think Brown will be kicking 10 though, sorry. Williams was always the one who did the best on Brown anyway, not Lake.

Brisbane should be mover next year, I expect them to play finals, as such a probable loss, but hopefully a bit more competitive than the 2 games this year.

I'm glad we're playing at home for Round 1. I'm looking at possibly flying in for the first three matches next season if they're in Melbourne. Arrive Tues. March 26th and leave Monday April 15. If we play interstate in any of those rounds, then I might not visit until 2014 unless we have three consecutive matches in Melbourne in April/May/early June. I'm really not keen on trading three weeks of a Chicago summer for three weeks of a Melbourne winter. At least I don't have to worry about any last minute trips in September. :(

Brisbane, Melbourne, Richmond, Adelaide and West Coast twice.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/w...article/tabid/4112/newsid/150545/default.aspx

VERDICT
The Bulldogs play four of their first five matches at Etihad Stadium, and five of their last six, among a total of 14 appearances at the Docklands ground. They have only four night games, with none on Friday night. Their biggest home games will be against Geelong, Richmond and Essendon. The Dogs face two 2012 finalists - Adelaide and West Coast - twice, with other return bouts against the Brisbane Lions, Richmond and Melbourne. They have only five six-day breaks, but seven games outside Victoria (including a home game in Darwin).

CLUB HIGHLIGHTS
  • To play 14 matches at Etihad Stadium, including the first three matches of the season and five of the last six.
  • Will again play an interstate home match, hosting Port Adelaide at TIO Stadium, Darwin, in round 10.
  • Scheduled to play seven matches outside Victoria, including trips to Canberra's Manuka Oval in round 15 to meet GWS and Launceston's Aurora Stadium in round 17 to face Hawthorn.
  • Home draw includes Saturday night matches against the Geelong Cats (round five) and Richmond (round 13), plus a Sunday afternoon clash with Essendon (round 16).
  • Must face only two of the 2012 finalists twice - Adelaide and West Coast.
  • Will not travel in consecutive weeks at any stage of the season, and will play in Melbourne for the final round after travelling in round 23, 2012.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs 2013 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back