Review Sam Darcy and the Bulldogs maul the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

i actually did not get an emai

Golden_6 I checked my email and I did not get an email. This is not the first time. Membership at the WO is poorly run. In fact it is a rabble. But if you pay a premium of $600 for 20 years they should look after the members. This is not right. It ends up being a ripoff. Also, there is false advertising going on because at the start of the season they say that Social Club membership are almost sold out and then you find out that in June or July they are doing campaigns to entice new social club members. At least give some incentive or preference to social club members to get those tickets. what's the point then? Poor service.
The only reason to have a Social Club Membership is to gain access to Grand Final tickets. Other than that it's a complete waste of money. Even though I haven't been to a game in 4 years. Im quite happy to pay that premium for two SC memberships something that Ive done for 15 years because it payed out handsomely in 2016 and all things being equal could've done so again in 2021.

ended up buying a resale for $80 on viagogo. the end result, is that I won't be buying a social club membership next year because it is a bloody ripoff. next year i will buy the cheapest membership and if i have to buy a grandfinal ticket, i will pay 1,000 bucks. don't care. i hate being ripped off by the club i love. i will only buy a social club membership if they include the Ballarat games. not worth it.
sorry i am ranting, but i don't think it is fair.
Rant away my friend.
I lived in brissie for decades and I used to get the interstate/ long distance membership.
When the doggies use to come to qld, the f@#ken Suns sold their games to Cairns and there were very few Lions games vs Dogs at the GABBA.
For years I missed out on seeing a live dogs games.

Watched replay:
Telling youse nothing , but Bont is just ridiculously good. Not one of those obvious brilliant games, but what he can do in tight is ,well, ridiculously good !
Would be in the votes if I was voting.

Bramble was great again.

Khamis very good. Some of you guys are pretty tough on him.

I am very buoyant on Gallagher , I see a very valuable player in a year or two.

Darcy and Freijah , everything that’s already been said.

Watched replay:
Telling youse nothing , but Bont is just ridiculously good. Not one of those obvious brilliant games, but what he can do in tight is ,well, ridiculously good !

Bramble was great again.

Naughty was very good too imho.

Watched replay:

Bramble was great again.

Buku is six feet deep in the delist river. Provides nothing JOD or buss can’t, and was very costly with his disposal.

Buku is six feet deep in the delist river. Provides nothing JOD or buss can’t, and was very costly with his disposal.
He had two howlers but his disposal usually isn’t that bad. I hope he keeps improving rather than writing him off

Rant away my friend.
I lived in brissie for decades and I used to get the interstate/ long distance membership.
When the doggies use to come to qld, the f@#ken Suns sold their games to Cairns and there were very few Lions games vs Dogs at the GABBA.
For years I missed out on seeing a live dogs games.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched replay:

Bramble was great again.

Yes I put Bonti 5th then changed to third What a legend

Could this explain why Bont wasn't himself?
Bont seemed fine to me.

He was pissed off in the goal square a couple of times but don't think it was anything to do with Brownlow votes or goals to his stats (as the commentators were suggesting).

Pretty sure there would have been a team direction that if Bont is found one on one in the goal square to clear out (as its like a 95% chance he'll win it). If others go in too it gets clogged up and wrecks it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, the way he can spike the ball forward 10 - 15 metres or out of bounds with a massive, forceful spoil with the ball at it's highest point is a rare skill. He made a couple of terrible skill errors (JOD made at least one just as bad), but his marking and disposal and positioning behind the ball is very good. Perfect third tall with heaps of upside.
I like JOD, but I feel it's Lobb that will keep him out of the team.

Mate, the way he can spike the ball forward 10 - 15 metres or out of bounds with a massive, forceful spoil with the ball at it's highest point is a rare skill. He made a couple of terrible skill errors (JOD made at least one just as bad), but his marking and disposal and positioning behind the ball is very good. Perfect third tall with heaps of upside.
I like JOD, but I feel it's Lobb that will keep him out of the team.

Why didn’t he spike the ball over the boundary against Fogarty the week before?

Left one out under a bomb giving away 25 kgs.

It's almost an impossible ask but he'd be better off running away from the ball and then running/jumping back at it. Geez you'd look an idiot if you didn't make it back though!

Bont seemed fine to me.

He was pissed off in the goal square a couple of times but don't think it was anything to do with Brownlow votes or goals to his stats (as the commentators were suggesting).

Pretty sure there would have been a team direction that if Bont is found one on one in the goal square to clear out (as its like a 95% chance he'll win it). If others go in too it gets clogged up and wrecks it.
Also had a bit of an almost day, couple of dropped marks and missed shots. Frustrated with himself that things weren’t quite clicking 100% was my read

Still better than 90% of the comp even on an almost day

Thankfully I missed last weeks game. Did Buku play on Fogarty the entire game? I assume he (Fog) played FF, so if Buku was his direct opponent, it does not suit him. I would have thought that Tilthorpe, who I also think had a good game, would of been a better match up and Jones to play on Fogarty deep.
Buku is suited to the third tall interceptor role, not KPD.

It can be embarrassment when they do stuff like that then end up getting outplayed but with many players its just about all fake tough stuff, bad mouthing opponents when they get caught holding the ball, outmarked etc, shoving them while they're lying on the ground. More cowardly than tough. Would like to see that sort of stuff clamped down on.
So basically Kosi Pickett

Bont was frustrated today. Think he's pissed at where this team is at -fighting for a spot in the 8. He also can't be pleased with how the opposition get away with murder on him every game. The amount of times he is blatantly held or had his arms chopped without a free, combined with teammates who just aren't switched on enough, would drive anyone mad.
He was understandbly pissed at a few non calls which cost him a goal or two.

Nothing to do with team performance. As captain, where his team is at is just as much on him. This wont be popular, but he's had his fair share of 'down' games as well.

I'd be shocked if Buku is delisted. Having more than 2 tall defenders under 30 is not exactly a luxury.

Late starter to footy who has made so much progress, both physically and in aptitude.

2021 - 1 game
2022 - 8
2023 - 1
2024 - 17+

That is not the profile of a 24yo developing tall who is a borderline delist.

Darcy is likely to spend a lot of ruck time and not end up as a full time forward.
If Darcy can kick 3-5 goals in finals we will make the GF. This means that our forward pressure is right up there. Our midfield is doing its job. Remember that he also creates goal opportunities for other players when he bring the ball to ground!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Sam Darcy and the Bulldogs maul the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back