Review Sam Darcy and the Bulldogs maul the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont agree with Darce playing more ruck than forward. Sure, he'll take marks around the ground for fun, but inside F50 is where marking really counts, and he is clunking them regularly. Thats invaluable and makes things so much easier for our mids delivering the ball and our other forwards.

Part time chop out for english at most. 80/20

Agree.

At one stage he marked 30m out (hit the post), but lept in front of Cody to mark the ball.
Nothing unusual in itself, but Cody kinda stood there 'miming' a chest mark, but no humour at all from Bont. Almost gave him a dismissive look.

He has been noticeably goal hungry in the last month or so.
I like grumpy Bont. He needs to drive the group hard and expect 100% effort every week like he shows.

Also noticed Cody back to his fly for marks mode which is a major negative in his game. He is a key to our forward line when he plays the crumbing, harassing small forward role.

Only sh1t-stirring Lindsay_Gilbee

Bevo's obsession with flexibility was criticised on here, now we literally have Lobb, Khamis, Darcy, Williams, Richards who can be thrown around as necessary. And that's without even touching on Naughton at CHB! 😀
You certainly need flexibility amongst certain players but for 90% of the list, they need to be settled. Having 3-4 players (say Lobb, Richards, Williams) that can be re-deployed during the course of the game is vital for any short-term issues that come up.

There was certainly a time where Bevo went too far and it felt like every player in the 22 needed to be multi-dimensional.

Not sure where I should post this, but I have been a social club member for the past 20 years and I cannot get a ticket for the game on Sunday. Does anyone have a ticket they can sell me. I am so annoyed with the club. You support them with money and your heart and they treat you like this. Honestly!!!
If anyone can sell me a ticket at a reasonable price, I am happy to buy it. Please PM. Thanks and HO DOGS!!!
YES I AM FU*&ING ANNOYED!!!

I don't think it needs to be a Roughead/Franklin scenario.

Darcy obviously spends a good period rucking and Naughts and Jamarra are very capable roaming and winning possessions outside 50.

A situation where they all get periods playing deepest and being the prime target but rotating regularly is the best way to stretch the opposition.

I love the joy they show at each other's successes. As a team (along with Cody, Rhylee and Bont pushing forward) they are a serious weapon.
I noticed one occasion where Darcy took a mark and JUH was in the background cheering and fist pumping like an Under 13s player

You certainly need flexibility amongst certain players but for 90% of the list, they need to be settled. Having 3-4 players (say Lobb, Richards, Williams) that can be re-deployed during the course of the game is vital for any short-term issues that come up.

There was certainly a time where Bevo went too far and it felt like every player in the 22 needed to be multi-dimensional.

Agree wasn't defending Bevo's over the top flexibility obsession, should have worded it slightly differently. Having a handful to utilise is handy, not a whole team.

However, I remember a junior game where we were winning comfortably, so at half time the coach swapped forward 6 with back 6 so everyone got a crack at kicking a goal. Just don't tell Bevo! 😄

Ma
Not sure where I should post this, but I have been a social club member for the past 20 years and I cannot get a ticket for the game on Sunday. Does anyone have a ticket they can sell me. I am so annoyed with the club. You support them with money and your heart and they treat you like this. Honestly!!!
If anyone can sell me a ticket at a reasonable price, I am happy to buy it. Please PM. Thanks and HO DOGS!!!

Is it a sell out?

I mean the tickets have been on sale for nearly a week with a members email sent out directly. Why blame the club because you couldn't organise yourself?

I dont agree with Darce playing more ruck than forward. Sure, he'll take marks around the ground for fun, but inside F50 is where marking really counts, and he is clunking them regularly. Thats invaluable and makes things so much easier for our mids delivering the ball and our other forwards.

Part time chop out for english at most. 80/20

The thing I’m happiest about with English re-signing is it means we’ll be seeing Darcy forward far more than in the ruck for the next 3-5 years.

Even if he doesn’t improve from here, he’s already too good forward to waste as a full-time ruck.

Not sure, I am trying to get a ticket. I rang the club and they can't say anything.

It appears to be, I'm.in the same boat as you. Foolishly I didn't expect it to sell out so quick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean the tickets have been on sale for nearly a week with a members email sent out directly. Why blame the club because you couldn't organise yourself?
Because every other Ballarat games has not been sold out, and even if such a sell-out would occur for the first time it's fair enough to assume that it would happen within the day or two before the game, especially with zero away support.

I'll add that there are still ways to get tickets, because some are held back for membership-add ons, and you don't have to pay the premium price if you're liberal with your google searches. My guess is they'll release some of those tickets if they don't sell the add-ons, later in the week.

Do you just need 1
Look I ended up buying a resale for $80 on viagogo. the end result, is that I won't be buying a social club membership next year because it is a bloody ripoff. next year i will buy the cheapest membership and if i have to buy a grandfinal ticket, i will pay 1,000 bucks. don't care. i hate being ripped off by the club i love. i will only buy a social club membership if they include the Ballarat games. not worth it.
sorry i am ranting, but i don't think it is fair.

Look I ended up buying a resale for $80 on viagogo. the end result, is that I won't be buying a social club membership next year because it is a bloody ripoff. next year i will buy the cheapest membership and if i have to buy a grandfinal ticket, i will pay 1,000 bucks. don't care. i hate being ripped off by the club i love. i will only buy a social club membership if they include the Ballarat games. not worth it.

But the social club membership has no Ballarst add ons. I didn't expect mine to. I think you have to buy a separate Ballarat membership for those perks. I just buy my social club membership as GF insurance nothing more. That & the little badge .

I'm going to wait till later in the week. Something will come up.

i actually did not get an emai
Golden_6 I checked my email and I did not get an email. This is not the first time. Membership at the WO is poorly run. In fact it is a rabble. But if you pay a premium of $600 for 20 years they should look after the members. This is not right. It ends up being a ripoff. Also, there is false advertising going on because at the start of the season they say that Social Club membership are almost sold out and then you find out that in June or July they are doing campaigns to entice new social club members. At least give some incentive or preference to social club members to get those tickets. what's the point then? Poor service.

Sleep on it before making any decisions in anger.

I got an email from the club this morning trying to get me to donate any unused seats for the game.

Perhaps a few will be available from this method and the club will provide them to members that have missed out.
Anyway, I am not going to rant anymore because I don't want to upset anyone on this fantastic forum. BUT IF WE LOSE ON SUNDAY I WANT BEVO, THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT, THE BOARD CRUCIFIED!!! DID I MISS ANYONE ONE ELSE. :cool: Yes, OK, I know I sound unhinged, but am saving hundreds of dollars in psychiatric fees and meds.
The point is to barrack hard. GO DOGS!!!
PS If I could not have got a ticket, I was going to jump the fence in spite of my age. :straining:

Also, Fqck the plastics.

Watching the replay and North tall defenders were deplorable.

Hope our key forwards have their big boy pants on this week cos giants defence will be absolutely the definition of chalk and cheese to last week.

They had few TALL defenders and the players they had were deplorable

Losing Comben really showed their defenders up

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Sam Darcy and the Bulldogs maul the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back