Burgatron's Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW I reckon Bartlett and Bastinac are both better kicks than Tapscott.

Gets more of the ball and is much better over head than Bartlett and kicks more goals than Bastinac.

never seen him play but from what ive looked at ,he could be alot like chapman, not tall but stocky and can be a burst player in the middle while lids has a rest of forward line

What makes you think Temel could be anything? Most experienced junior watchers have said he will most likely struggle at AFL level and at best be an average - good VFL player. Probably the reason why he will slide to very late in the ND or Rookie Draft.

Like anybody with X-factor, he doesn't look too bad, if we develop him properly, he could be anything, i guess we will have to wait and see because we cant do anything about it :cool:

We need to select 3-4 talls in this draft that are either KPF's and Ruckmen. Probably 3 KPF's and 2 ruckmen to sure up our stocks for the future. People say Post is going to be a freak forward but we need him up back (in my opinion due to undersized KPD's), people say Vickery is more of a forward than ruckman at the moment.

The facts are they both have to settle in one position and as a consequence there will be a deficiency's created. I dont want to hear the same old rose glasses talk that says we have enough big bodied defenders and players like Gourdis will become good forwards. Odds are he wont because he is a rookie pick.

I would love the best 2 mids with 3 and 19. That would set up our midfield for the next ten years.
I agree. Instead of being average across all areas, we would actually be elite in the midfield core.
We got two quality talls with 8 and 26 last year. Add another two with picks 35 and 44.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Instead of being average across all areas, we would actually be elite in the midfield core.
We got two quality talls with 8 and 26 last year. Add another two with picks 35 and 44.

Mids are less risky to. We can always trade for a Tall once we have established an elite midfield.

I'd be delighted with Martin and Tapscott as our first two picks. I'm just drooling thinking about our midfield with those two. I'm also drooling at the fact that Richmond are interested in Liam Patrick :)

Macmillan interests me as well, after reading the explanation:
Along with his flexibility, pace and clean hands, Macmillan's strongest attribute is his decision-making. One recruiter says he is freakish in that area. He is also a talented cricketer.

I think I'd rather Bastinac than Tapscott, but I'd be happy with either. I think the real question is whether we should go tall or small with that pick.

At draft camp he recorded a standing vertical jump of 76cm - putting him behind only Trent Croad and Nic Naitanui on the all-time list

Strike one, Burgan! Don't forget the Goo.

North Ballarat Rooster Myles Sewell ... [has] also been linked with the Tigers.

I'd be happy with us taking a punt on Myles Sewell. A genuine hard nut, he's something of a lesser version of his brother. At 21 I think it's worth taking a shot at developing him.

What we need are players that can kick the ball.

Exactly.

I would be over the moon with Martin and Tapscott. Seriously, Cotchin, Lids, Martin, Tapscott, Foley, Tambling all learning from Cousins make me Randy.

I am happy to pick talls up with our later picks. Lets make our midfield jaw dropping good and everything else will fall into place.

Exactly.

I would be over the moon with Martin and Tapscott. Seriously, Cotchin, Lids, Martin, Tapscott, Foley, Tambling all learning from Cousins make me Randy.

I am happy to pick talls up with our later picks. Lets make our midfield jaw dropping good and everything else will fall into place.

A-****ing-men to that!

We don't need to fill a "need" at Richmond.

We just "need" players who can actually play the game first.

Exactly.

Be nice if it were that easy hey ;)

But yes, it is amazing how average-good forwards can look so good if the ball is being delivered by smart and skillful users of the ball.

Jack Riewoldt is our ace in the pack here imo. Once the ball is being delivered well and frequently, he will shine. Having said that, I won't cry if we pickup say a Panos down the list somewhere.

If Koby Stevens is around at our 2nd pick id really really really look at getting him ! him or tapscott both might not be there
stevens 26 touches a game and the highest tackle rate in tac cup with 6 pg we should watch very very closely

Exactly.

And Andy C dammit!

Up until now I have been hell bent on us getting the best KPF at pick 19, but the more I think about it and read everyone's posts I think the best mid might be the way to go.

It is proven that an elite midfield combined with a servicable forwardline will do well.

My only concern is that if our forward line ends up less than servicable we are another 12 months down the track and still havent taken a great forward prospect. And seen as KPP's generally take longer to develop we really need some in the pipeline.

ARGH :confused: I guess our club will know whats best, maybe they think someone like the Goo is going to step up.

Tappscott averages.

Stats (averages for U18 Championships)

Games K H D M G H/O
5 12 4 16 5 2 -

I like the kick to handball ratio. And 2 goals a game aint bad either.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Burgatron's Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back