Burgatron's Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

TigerTroy impersonators... come on down! :D

But I do agree, I think he'll overtake the likes of White, McMahon and Polo this year.

He will soon be a role model for any midfielder type who we pickup > 50 ;)
LMAO, he overtook those jokers months ago. I hold Collins in the same breath as Deledio and Cotchin. Goal kicking midfielders. A very balanced footballer is young andy.

LMAO, he overtook those jokers months ago. I hold Collins in the same breath as Deledio and Cotchin. Goal kicking midfielders. A very balanced footballer is young andy.
He overtook them all when he played his 1st game.
Collins has a good football brain and will be a wildcard for us. If he can stay fit, we will really see him blossom this year.

I am back on the "lets complete our freakshow midfield train". Cousins plays for 2-3 years our midfield is:

Cousins (leader of the engine room), Deledio, Cotchin, Collins, Tambling, Martin, Tapscott/Batsinac/Stevens

WOW!

Bye bye poor ball users Matt White, Hislop, King, Jackson!

Agree if we have that midfield and Vicks rucking then our forward line potentially being:

Nahas, Riewoldt, Morton

Tambling, Panos/Houghton/Gourdis, Resting mid or Rahn Hooper

will kick alot of goals. God Morton kicked 40 in a shite side he will kick 60-70 in a good side...Roo will kick 50 and the rest will do enough!

We can always trade for a half decent ruckman throw cash ast Hampson in a few years or something!

He overtook them all when he played his 1st game.
Collins has a good football brain and will be a wildcard for us. If he can stay fit, we will really see him blossom this year.

LMAO, I don't hear that Lucas is the one they will select. Good call hey.

Ha ha well played sir! But still I think Jetta will be the flop of this draft...aka Yarran! Watch this space!

I am back on the "lets complete our freakshow midfield train". Cousins plays for 2-3 years our midfield is:

Cousins (leader of the engine room), Deledio, Cotchin, Collins, Tambling, Martin, Tapscott/Batsinac/Stevens

WOW!

And lets not forget Foley. Turned 24 a couple of months ago - i'm hoping he'll be back to his explosive best in 2010.

If we take Martin + Tapscott/Bastinac/Stevens, our midfield will certainly be looking very promising.

I would love the best 2 mids with 3 and 19. That would set up our midfield for the next ten years.

that is exactly what everyone said and wanted in 2004 when we took Deledio,Tambling & Meyer. that philosphy made us miss out of Franklin - and our midfield is no way near being "set" for 10 years:eek:

Getting Martin, Tapscott and then Griffiths @ 35, which burgan seems to suggest is a possibility, would be amazing...but then again I thought getting Rance and Putt with 19 and 51 or whatever, considering we were going to take putt with 19, was a steal :eek:

Ahh retrospect :thumbsu:

Well if nothing else i think we can pencil in the first 3 picks as to where they are going.

Also might be worth mentioning i know for a fact West Coast will take Jesse Crichton at 23.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If port dont take tapscott with pick #16 i would be amazed
he has a laser on his foot - amazing kick. if tapscott got through to pick 19 we'd have a tough decision to make from

bastinac
stevens
griffiths
tapscott
bartlett

Tapscott could take us back to the Stuey maxfield days on the wing.

we really need all 5 of these guys

If port dont take tapscott with pick #16 i would be amazed
he has a laser on his foot - amazing kick. if tapscott got through to pick 19 we'd have a tough decision to make from

bastinac
stevens
griffiths
tapscott
bartlett

Tapscott could take us back to the Stuey maxfield days on the wing.

we really need all 5 of these guys

:eek:Maxfield had a good '95 but seriously didn't hit his straps, sadly, until he went north to Sydney!!!

:thumbsu:And agree with Crumden ... good to see that kicking skills are a priority this year in the draft.

We've had enough butchers of the ball in the past decade to last a lifetime!!!

The only difference with the 2005 draft was that there were two gun forwards available in the top 5 buddy/roughy. This year if you take talls they are not going to be as good a player as the mid but may fit your need.

I cannot believe I forgot Foley before but I guess that what happens when you have depth as other teams will probably forget him as well to their own peral.

I also forgot Andy Collins who is a gun and wish to reconcile this before Beaver hunts me down!

Deledio, Cousins, Cotchin, Martin, Foley, Tapscott, Collins and big Vicks rucking = wow factor!

The only difference with the 2005 draft was that there were two gun forwards available in the top 5 buddy/roughy. This year if you take talls they are not going to be as good a player as the mid but may fit your need.

I cannot believe I forgot Foley before but I guess that what happens when you have depth as other teams will probably forget him as well to their own peral.

I also forgot Andy Collins who is a gun and wish to reconcile this before Beaver hunts me down!

Deledio, Cousins, Cotchin, Martin, Foley, Tapscott, Collins and big Vicks rucking = wow factor!
Bear in mind we publicly said we wanted Roughead at pick No 4.

if the draft order turned out the way buratrons phantom has it, i would be delighted with the first 2 picks but not with the rest.
the way i would like for it to turn out with the available players at the available picks would be as follows.

.3 - RICHMOND - Dustin Martin
DOB: 26/06/91, Height: 187cm, Weight: 86kg
Recruited from: Castlemaine/Bendigo Pioneers (VIC)
Draft range: 3
Meet Dustin Martin

Mark down this pick as the draft's cast-iron certainty. The Tigers have made no secret about their desire to recruit Martin, an attacking onballer who was All-Australian and averaged 25 disposals per match in the TAC Cup this year. Players with strong foot skills are a draft priority for Richmond, and Martin ranked equal second in the inaugural kicking test at this year's draft camp. With former top-three draft picks Brett Deledio and Trent Cotchin on board, the Tigers will soon have three class midfielders under the age of 23.

19. - RICHMOND - Luke Tapscott
DOB: 28/06/91, Height: 180cm, Weight: 86kg
Recruited from: Orroroo/North Adelaide (SA)
Draft range: 8-24

Meet Luke Tapscott

Richmond won't find many players with better foot skills than Tapscott. The powerfully-built midfielder/forward has been compared to Lion Daniel Rich and is widely acknowledged as the best kick in the draft, capable of thumping the ball more than 60 metres. The Tigers are massive fans of the 2009 All-Australian, but would also consider talls Jake Carlisle and Ben Griffiths, and the pacy Ryan Bastinac. Tapscott has strong hands, ball-winning ability and is fierce at the ball.

35. - Matthew Panos
DOB: 25/01/91, Height: 191cm, Weight: 91kg
Recruited from: Rostrevor College/Norwood (SA)
Draft range: 33-rookie

Meet Matthew Panos

The Swans will definitely consider Panos, as they are looking for a tall option following the departure of veteran spearhead Barry Hall to the Bulldogs. Although his 14 goals and 25 marks at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships earned him All-Australian honours this year, Panos has divided recruiters' opinions. An excellent mark and beautiful kick, he is capable of slamming goals from outside 55m. He is also strong on the lead and a fine mark

44.Nicholas Winmar
DOB: 27/04/91, Height: 190cm, Weight: 78kg
Recruited from: Scarborough/Claremont (WA)
Draft range: 32-77

Meet Nicholas Winmar

Winmar is the second cousin of St Kilda great Nicky Winmar and will definitely be taken at this pick if available. There is a genuine possibility the Saints could select him with their first pick at No.32. It is not mere romance that sees Winmar linked to his relative's old team - the club's recruiters rate enormously Winmar's versatility and ability to run from half-back. A fluent mover and penetrating kick, Winmar was ranked equal second in the kicking test at this year's draft camp. Collingwood and Hawthorn have also been linked to Winmar

62. Joel Houghton is a tall (194cm) player who can kick goals. He can kick bags and has a good set shot. Has good anticipation and Houghton is good at reading the play. He also works well at ground level for his height

71 - RICHMOND - David Astbury
DOB: 26/02/91, Height: 195cm, Weight: 81kg
Recruited from: Tatyoon/North Ballarat Rebels (VIC)
Draft range: 50-rookie

Meet David Astbury

Astbury is a lead-up forward/key defender with strong foot skills - he was ranked among the top-10 in the kicking test at draft camp - putting him right in Richmond's calculations. He also possesses a strong work rate and good endurance for his size. Melbourne and St Kilda have also been mooted as possible destinations. North Ballarat Rooster Myles Sewell, Murray Bushranger Taylor Duryea and Northern Territory's Deon Gordon have also been linked with the Tigers.

another player i wouldnt mind at pick 71 is Serhat Temel

Miller just couldn't stfu could he?
Not only couldn't hios mouth help himself, he couldn't help himself on draft day either. And to think some of us were fooled and hooked.

if the draft order turned out the way buratrons phantom has it, i would be delighted with the first 2 picks but not with the rest.
the way i would like for it to turn out with the available players at the available picks would be as follows.

.3 - RICHMOND - Dustin Martin
DOB: 26/06/91, Height: 187cm, Weight: 86kg
Recruited from: Castlemaine/Bendigo Pioneers (VIC)
Draft range: 3
Meet Dustin Martin

Mark down this pick as the draft's cast-iron certainty. The Tigers have made no secret about their desire to recruit Martin, an attacking onballer who was All-Australian and averaged 25 disposals per match in the TAC Cup this year. Players with strong foot skills are a draft priority for Richmond, and Martin ranked equal second in the inaugural kicking test at this year's draft camp. With former top-three draft picks Brett Deledio and Trent Cotchin on board, the Tigers will soon have three class midfielders under the age of 23.

19. - RICHMOND - Luke Tapscott
DOB: 28/06/91, Height: 180cm, Weight: 86kg
Recruited from: Orroroo/North Adelaide (SA)
Draft range: 8-24

Meet Luke Tapscott

Richmond won't find many players with better foot skills than Tapscott. The powerfully-built midfielder/forward has been compared to Lion Daniel Rich and is widely acknowledged as the best kick in the draft, capable of thumping the ball more than 60 metres. The Tigers are massive fans of the 2009 All-Australian, but would also consider talls Jake Carlisle and Ben Griffiths, and the pacy Ryan Bastinac. Tapscott has strong hands, ball-winning ability and is fierce at the ball.

35. - Matthew Panos
DOB: 25/01/91, Height: 191cm, Weight: 91kg
Recruited from: Rostrevor College/Norwood (SA)
Draft range: 33-rookie

Meet Matthew Panos

The Swans will definitely consider Panos, as they are looking for a tall option following the departure of veteran spearhead Barry Hall to the Bulldogs. Although his 14 goals and 25 marks at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships earned him All-Australian honours this year, Panos has divided recruiters' opinions. An excellent mark and beautiful kick, he is capable of slamming goals from outside 55m. He is also strong on the lead and a fine mark

44.Nicholas Winmar
DOB: 27/04/91, Height: 190cm, Weight: 78kg
Recruited from: Scarborough/Claremont (WA)
Draft range: 32-77

Meet Nicholas Winmar

Winmar is the second cousin of St Kilda great Nicky Winmar and will definitely be taken at this pick if available. There is a genuine possibility the Saints could select him with their first pick at No.32. It is not mere romance that sees Winmar linked to his relative's old team - the club's recruiters rate enormously Winmar's versatility and ability to run from half-back. A fluent mover and penetrating kick, Winmar was ranked equal second in the kicking test at this year's draft camp. Collingwood and Hawthorn have also been linked to Winmar

62. Joel Houghton is a tall (194cm) player who can kick goals. He can kick bags and has a good set shot. Has good anticipation and Houghton is good at reading the play. He also works well at ground level for his height

71 - RICHMOND - David Astbury
DOB: 26/02/91, Height: 195cm, Weight: 81kg
Recruited from: Tatyoon/North Ballarat Rebels (VIC)
Draft range: 50-rookie

Meet David Astbury

Astbury is a lead-up forward/key defender with strong foot skills - he was ranked among the top-10 in the kicking test at draft camp - putting him right in Richmond's calculations. He also possesses a strong work rate and good endurance for his size. Melbourne and St Kilda have also been mooted as possible destinations. North Ballarat Rooster Myles Sewell, Murray Bushranger Taylor Duryea and Northern Territory's Deon Gordon have also been linked with the Tigers.

another player i wouldnt mind at pick 71 is Serhat Temel

that would be damn awesome!!!!

though i'd prolly take Astbury and Temel as my pick 62 and 71.

quite liked the look of mcmillan who Burgan had us taking. clever with the ball and a great kick also.

Taylor Duryea who he mentioned at pick 71 looks a handy type also.
Height: 179cm
Weight: 74kg
DOB: 24/04/91
Recruited from: Murray Bushrangers
Bio: Medium forward whose overhead ability belies his height. Quick, agile and athletic with the abilty to go through the middle. Foot skills are supreme whether it be delivering inside 50 or kicking for goal. His 2.94 sec 20m was very good at Victorian screening.

i think the problem with Burgan's draft was that he said in the chat that our needs are midfielders/flankers with footskills, yet he didnt' mention kpp forwards at all. hence all those flankers picked.

if we were to go 2 best available mids at 3 and 19 in martin and tapscott, then for the other 5 picks i would like to have 3 kpp forwards, 1 tall utility (ie winmar or mcmillan) and 1 flanker with awesome kicking skills (ie Duryea or Mitch Golby)

and get best youngster left with PSD

I would love the best 2 mids with 3 and 19. That would set up our midfield for the next ten years.

Good in theory Nut, but this is a one of the most trotted out lines l hear before every draft.

It doesnt happen, because as we all know, once they step foot into Punt Road, the become un-teachable morons and we're left with supposed guns that cant find the football, cant kick and have the decision making ability of a Ray Hall clone on a night on the eccies.

Can l replay the 2004 draft... that was meant to be the setting up of our midfield.

:eek:

Good in theory Nut, but this is a one of the most trotted out lines l hear before every draft.

It doesnt happen, because as we all know, once they step foot into Punt Road, the become un-teachable morons and we're left with supposed guns that cant find the football, cant kick and have the decision making ability of a Ray Hall clone on a night on the eccies.

Can l replay the 2004 draft... that was meant to be the setting up of our midfield.

:eek:

I think this is because we have had poor leadership, with Newman the appointed captain and Cousins around, we might finally get to see some of these kids change their attitudes and reach their potential !

Remove this Banner Ad

Burgatron's Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back