Burgoyne fractured jaw - 2 weeks away

Remove this Banner Ad

No injury is a good injury but i think that this could be a blessing in disguise. I only say that because now there is no chance we can rush him back and will give the rest of his body more time to recoup.

Burgoyne and Gibson are proving to be a tad unlucky at the moment. I'm sure we'll get at least a half dozen games out of the pair of them. :rolleyes:

I think we should put them both in cotton wool until next year. Get them fit, a good pre-season, and they should be right to go!!!:D Of course they may just trip over themselves in training, but hey, we are used to that!!!
Am I being sarcastic, you betcha I am...:rolleyes:

No injury is a good injury but i think that this could be a blessing in disguise. I only say that because now there is no chance we can rush him back and will give the rest of his body more time to recoup.

I like your positive outlook. It's not all doom and gloom guys we have a couple of pretty good players to come back in the next couple of weeks too. The majority of our squad are also coming off big pre-seasons and with an 8 day break we will be much fresher this week. Add to this a pretty good draw over the next 8-10 weeks or so and I think we will be sitting pretty well just after the mid-season break.
Just in time for Burger to have a big impact, with plenty of run in his legs feeding of either Bailey or Taylor and kicking it down the throat of a hungry Buddy and accurate Roughy.:)

I like your positive outlook. It's not all doom and gloom guys we have a couple of pretty good players to come back in the next couple of weeks too. The majority of our squad are also coming off big pre-seasons and with an 8 day break we will be much fresher this week. Add to this a pretty good draw over the next 8-10 weeks or so and I think we will be sitting pretty well just after the mid-season break.
Just in time for Burger to have a big impact, with plenty of run in his legs feeding of either Bailey or Taylor and kicking it down the throat of a hungry Buddy and accurate Roughy.:)
Spot on mate, can only mark down 2 of those games as 50-50 (carlton and sydney) if we are a good side we should win the majority of games up until the dogs in rd 13 and cats in rd 14 and by than everyone should be up and running excluding bailey, taylor and gibson.

Yes, sounds optimistic, doesn't it? The same report said he played out the game "with a wobbly tooth and a sore jaw" so hopefully it's not too bad, but gee, I'd be surprised to see him out there in a fortnight now!

Guess Brian Taylor will end up being right after all! :)

Gotta love the last bit in Sheahan's article though - "his notorious knees and his troublesome hamstring".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's only ever had problems with the one knee, and that was only last season, and has had a slight hamstring strain once, right?

Hes had knee problems since 2006/07 and never been the player since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heard Schwartz on SEN tonight suggesting that Burgoyne also slightly twinged his hamstring yesterday. apparently this is what the one of the BH doctors told him.

heard Schwartz on SEN tonight suggesting that Burgoyne also slightly twinged his hamstring yesterday. apparently this is what the one of the BH doctors told him.

gee REALLY well should i be surprised.who are the medical staff at hawthorn and to be honest this won't be the last player going down.I don't know about anyone else but you don't see as much injuries at other clubs.To me it doesn't paint the medicos in much of agood light.:thumbsdown:

I heard him say it may have been "tight" following the game.

So does this mean anything - probably not!

Nah.My source tells me that both his knees and hamstrings got through the game unscathed. And they ought to know.

Amazing the run of luck (all bad) we are having.

So much positivity and expectation through most of the pre-season but then things just seem to get worse from week to week from about the last few weeks of pre-season onwards.

Such a feeling of ground hog day..."Wait till will get everyone back...".....Is this 2010 or 2009?

Positives MinerBoy - focus man -> Right thanks, that's better.

Let's forget that Collingwood ever happened and remember Rounds 1-3 intensity. Let's forget who isn't playing and remember that who is playing will be enough to win the next 4 games anyway.....Then, once we get all out players back :D

Thank god for alcohol.

On a positive note (kind of) -> At least we our having our horror injury stretch after we already managed to snare a flag, unlike the Saints of the mid 2000s.

Making it kind of hard to forge our dynasty though.:)

All i could do is laugh and roll the eyese when i saw the thread. It just seems so... typical. I'm not in the least bit surprised it's happened!

Still, positives guys. Burgoyne was always the icing on the cake, we still have a bloody good team out there. Last weekend was a complete abberation, I seriously doubt we'll see a performance like that again this year. Remember after the bulldogs disaster of last year? Straight afterwards we had our mini resurgence during the year, with half a team. We'll be breathing fire for a while after that performance.

Good luck to Burgoyne. Hairline fractures suck, they seem like nothing but you just can't risk anything (well, the one i had anyway. didn't stop me playing but :D)

The question is, does Burger even need match conditioning? He can spend the next 3-6 weeks running his guts out till his jaw is completely healed - he doesn't need a game in the Magoo's to be able to kick a footy. We should see him at his explosive best come round 8-10, by which time our season is going to either be back with a vengeance, or dead in the water.

I'd like to say I'm confident of the former, but this year just keeps bringing out bad surprises.

I won't be surprised if he still plays VFL this week, he can still run around.

Lucky fella gets to chew on some Mersyndol Forte for a week though.

Ahh, I remember those days. Good times.

Ha ha - at the playing VFL this week part - not the reference to period pain medication that used to get you all Lady Gaga.

I've heard from fairly reliable sources that Burger could be out for 8 to 10 weeks.

Once the fracture has healed he will be having his teeth whitened - an intensive three weeks of nightly trays, no chocolate or red wine permitted. After which he has opted for a full body waxing, to remove some niggling body hair that has been hampering some of his (more informal) training sessions.

Should be floating across the surface with practically no wind resistance and a sparkling smile by September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Burgoyne fractured jaw - 2 weeks away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back