C Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

i am sick to death of everything referred to Ajax. They are no different to any other team in the VAFA. I was convinced by the bull shit that i had listened to that they were shockers. As bad as their reserves umpire might have been (he is possibly the worst), there are many others who would compete strongly for that mantle. The reality is Aussies do have racial overtones, it is unfortunate, personally i hate the Indian Cricket Team but that is the Aussie in me, is it racial? I hope not, it is about winning and losing. We all think that is important!!!!!

Goldy,

who will take the reigns at the Jackas this year. Is powelly going again or will a big name be brought in?

Cheers

Guru

PS - i chose to ignore your rubbish about the umpires. A better explanation is that perhaps this group of exceptionally talented players (best midfield in c section by a mile) can't handle the pressure of finals?

Must get a flag in the next 2 seasons or the window will be closed - Lewski, Ritterman, routman - etc cant keep going forever - I know they are not that old but continually losing big games (GF 06, relegation game 07, semi final 08) will take it's toll mentally

ex AJAX coach Stuart Powell has been appointed new senior coach at St Kevins B SEC

The club and Gary parted ways after a very dissappointing 08. Probably wasn't the right fit with the very young playing group which the fields have. Steve will bring passion and enthusiasm. All things going to plan Caulfield should be there abouts in 09.

I read with absolute disbelief that legendary Beauy adminstrator, life member and former president, Ron Nicholoson is going to Richmond Central as an admistrator??

With all due respect, how bizarre??

The club and Gary parted ways after a very dissappointing 08. Probably wasn't the right fit with the very young playing group which the fields have. Steve will bring passion and enthusiasm. All things going to plan Caulfield should be there abouts in 09.
Thats strange. Colling coached the Sandringham Dragons for 5 years, all of whom were young players. I would have thought he had the passion and the enthusiasm to go with his knowledge as a footballer and a director of young men. Must be more to it. Having said that, do you know where he has gone?

Thats strange. Colling coached the Sandringham Dragons for 5 years, all of whom were young players. I would have thought he had the passion and the enthusiasm to go with his knowledge as a footballer and a director of young men. Must be more to it. Having said that, do you know where he has gone?

Interesting Groundsman..... Did Colling have any success at Sandy in his 5 years?

Note your point but at the same time coaching a bunch of young kids playing under 18 TAC Cup football who hope to move on to bigger and better things with their footy is very different to coaching a group of young kids in the ammos who are there to play with their mates.

Can assure you that there is no bad blood there at all and nothing more to it than he not being the right fit. Everyone appreciated his efforts in 08 but you can't take a team from B grade to C grade and next expect your position to come under some sort of scrutiny.

Enough said about that. Very positive appointment in Steve Lawrence, has generated a large amount of enthusiasm already and hopefully exciting times are ahead for Caulfield.

Very positive appointment in Steve Lawrence, has generated a large amount of enthusiasm already and hopefully exciting times are ahead for Caulfield.
At least he'll be there to back the boys up in a pub brawl.

Expect a more aggressive Caulfield outfit in 2009.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least he'll be there to back the boys up in a pub brawl.

Expect a more aggressive Caulfield outfit in 2009.

Caulfield could be getting 3 very physical players who are mates and keen to have a run around together somewhere - they have played mostly senior country footy, and are fair but very hard at it. If they end up playing, combine that with Lawrence, and they would probably be the hardest team running around next year.

Caulfield could be getting 3 very physical players who are mates and keen to have a run around together somewhere - they have played mostly senior country footy, and are fair but very hard at it. If they end up playing, combine that with Lawrence, and they would probably be the hardest team running around next year.

Physical is one thing, but can they get the ball?
Ammos is faster than country footy....
Every year Caulfield has the best recruits, but ????????

Physical is one thing, but can they get the ball?
Ammos is faster than country footy....
Every year Caulfield has the best recruits, but ????????

Didn't the VCFL districts team give the Ammo's C-D4 side a 10 goal touch up in the rep match earlier this year?? They must be doing something right - speed isn't everything, it's the combination that's important.
I see the point you're trying to make, and yes these boys can play footy which is why I think they will do pretty well if they end up there.

And for the record they aren't your typical recruits, as in the club didn't go after them, they are just interested in playing close to where they live so they want to give the club a go.

steve lawrence must be pencilling in the beaumaris away game. Might pop past tgi's which was once wild bills for a case of de ja vu and one too many beers on the way home and wrap his car around the corner again.

i can see the headlines already

hardness - you aint seen nothing yet tiger

Interesting Groundsman..... Did Colling have any success at Sandy in his 5 years?
Actually he coached the Dragons for 6 years and had a couple of good ones. 2004 was his best season and could have gone to the GF but for the politics that hampers that club. Did manage to coach some 19 drafted players including a couple of handy ones in Ball and A kid named Judd.

hardness - you aint seen nothing yet tiger[/quote]

And i take it your idea of "hardness" is sitting on an anonymous forum potting blokes for past indiscretions?

Didn't the VCFL districts team give the Ammo's C-D4 side a 10 goal touch up in the rep match earlier this year?? They must be doing something right - speed isn't everything, it's the combination that's important.
I see the point you're trying to make, and yes these boys can play footy which is why I think they will do pretty well if they end up there.

And for the record they aren't your typical recruits, as in the club didn't go after them, they are just interested in playing close to where they live so they want to give the club a go.

GOOD LUCK TO THEM..... hope they enjoy C Grade

Actually he coached the Dragons for 6 years and had a couple of good ones. 2004 was his best season and could have gone to the GF but for the politics that hampers that club. Did manage to coach some 19 drafted players including a couple of handy ones in Ball and A kid named Judd.

but no SUCCESS!!!!!

but no SUCCESS!!!!!
Posting at 10pm Mazal, a bit late for an old bloke like you. How do you define success? The Dragons gauge success by the number of players they can get drafted not by the score board or premierships. Its just the way it is down there with the Private School boys in and out of the side all season. There are some very tallented players running around in the AFL, VFL & Ammos as a result of Collings tutorage.
Make that 11pm old man.

The Dragons gauge success by the number of players they can get drafted not by the score board or premierships.

Fair enough.

However, if every TAC Cup team took the same view, it'd make the whole idea of a premiership season, with points awarded for wins and then a finals series where the winner gets a cup and a bunch of medals kinda redundant.

Takes a bit of the fun out of footy if you ask me. ;)

Fair enough.

However, if every TAC Cup team took the same view, it'd make the whole idea of a premiership season, with points awarded for wins and then a finals series where the winner gets a cup and a bunch of medals kinda redundant.

Takes a bit of the fun out of footy if you ask me. ;)
The Dragons are almost unique with the number of Privates on their list and they must play school footy first. Many a good footballer has missed playing consistant TAC football playing under Ossies rules. Wonder if things will change now he has gone to the Demons (AFL)

I read with absolute disbelief that legendary Beauy adminstrator, life member and former president, Ron Nicholoson is going to Richmond Central as an admistrator??

With all due respect, how bizarre??

Not really there has been a big fall out as Mifsud gave little Ronnie's brother the ar*e from the 2nds coaching position.

Apparently he was Sh*t and never there so Mifsud had no choice. He cracked it and has also walked away from the club. No big loss I hear.

Remove this Banner Ad

C Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back