Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazenod tbdb Beaumaris 30 pts
Old Geelong tbdb Ormond 56 pts
AJAX tbdb Fitzroy 20 pts
Caulfield Grammarians td Parkdale 66 pts
Rupertswood tbdb Old Camberwell 15 pts

AND WHERE THE HELL IS TIP STANDINGS TABLE FROM LAST WEEK???

(only time I ever did ok all year and he goes missing grumble grumble)

AJAX tbdb Fitzroy 20 pts
Rupertswood tbdb Beaumaris 35 pts

Are Rupo playing Beaumaris' 1's or 2's Mobbs? You have them twice :D

AJAX tbdb Fitzroy 20 pts

Ha ha...go easy on the tips table, I didn't get em in last week.

Massive game at Rupo tomorrow. The home side in a very close one.
Jackers by 10 pts against Roys
Fields cruising...80+ points
Beauy by 26 pts
Oggers by 44pts to liven up the relegation stakes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AJAX tbdb Fitzroy 20 pts

OTP has been in New Zealand chasing sheep. ;)

I saw Parkdale play yesterday, and they are nothing short of terrible. The way they are going they could go all the way down to D4. The reserves would you believe failed to trouble the scores (final scores 33.14 to 0.0) and there seniors are struggling big time.

When I saw them play last year I thought they were ok. Can anyone from the club advise why they are so bad this year in both the seniors & reserves?

c1011.gif

Don't blame me for the shrinkage, BigFooty is doing it. Right-click and open in a new window for full size.

I saw Parkdale play yesterday, and they are nothing short of terrible. The way they are going they could go all the way down to D4. The reserves would you believe failed to trouble the scores (final scores 33.14 to 0.0) and there seniors are struggling big time.

When I saw them play last year I thought they were ok. Can anyone from the club advise why they are so bad this year in both the seniors & reserves?
jane doe - parkdale twos have always struggled for numbers basically..... no numbers means noone trains and so on.... then there is no one to push the one's players to keep their spot.
parkdale ones are really struggling - didn't think they'd fail to win a game at this stage of season! unfortunately i think they rely too much on the same blokes year in, year out - goal kicking boland went to sandy, rochford still great, i think there are still 4 sullivans playing - great players but not much support and they aint getting any younger! dunno much about the coach - perhaps they should have appointed a playing coach who could recruit more players to the club.

jane doe - parkdale twos have always struggled for numbers basically..... no numbers means noone trains and so on.... then there is no one to push the one's players to keep their spot.
parkdale ones are really struggling - didn't think they'd fail to win a game at this stage of season! unfortunately i think they rely too much on the same blokes year in, year out - goal kicking boland went to sandy, rochford still great, i think there are still 4 sullivans playing - great players but not much support and they aint getting any younger! dunno much about the coach - perhaps they should have appointed a playing coach who could recruit more players to the club.

I am not sure a playing coach would have brought that many more players. It isn't only the coach's job to recruit and hold onto existing players. Parkdale certainly have dropped the ball from a playing stock perspective.

But to be fair to the Vultures last weekend they were playing the top side in both seniors and reserves (who collectively have lost one game) on their ground. They are not alone in copying a big loss at Glenhuntly!

I dont think it would be fair to blame the coach for any part, probably not a coach out there that could have gotten too much out of such a young group. Looking at the 30 odd players to have played in that ones team, there is only about 12 that would be older than 21 years.
Problem seems to be purely no depth. The best players (probably Sullivans X3, Rochford, a few younger on-ballers and at times possibly the two ruck options) would be very good in any side but the worser (younger/inexperienced) players would be decent two's at best.
I think the comment about D4 is well off the mark, but i guess you cant really argue with no wins.

It was a worry when they couldn't get a ressies team up for a practice match.

A real shame what is happening to this club. No U19s this year and it might be a battle to get them up again soon. Location doesn’t help so close to St Bedes and Mordialloc with Edi-Asp just up the road. They seemed to have an alignment with Mordi-Brae juniors but looks like they are now going elsewhere. Only so many youngsters in an established suburb like this so I must be hard going. Hope they come through it ok. Plenty of good blokes at Parkdale.

Well onto Round 12;

Beaumaris v Caulfield - Top of the table clash that I'll think will go the same way as last time, even at Shark Park. Will be a cracker though.
Parkdale v Ajax - The Jackas are looking like a genuine challenger and they will have no issues keeping the Vultures winless.
Ormond v Rupertswood - Rupertswood will play their first of 2 games at Glenhuntly and will account for an Ormond side down on confidence. They'll need this win to stay in sight of the Wellers.
Camberwell v Old Geelong - Speaking of whom should and will easily account for OG's at home.
Fitzroy v Mazenod - In the upset of round the Roy boys will hold off the Nodders at home and virtually guarantee they stay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back