C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe Ajax continued the weekend's trend for close games and snuck over the line against Monash by close to/over 100 points!! Makes 4th place right up for grabs between the Students, OC and Parkdale. Monash v Parkdale this week.

With all due respect to Ormond, I think Ajax are the most likely to go up....still plenty of footy to be played but I think if all teams played to their full potential (as painful as it might be to say), the Jackas are next best behind the Tigers....

Roy my boy....time for a well earned reality check from the great torpedo punter.

RCT took a trip back in time on Saturday going to Brunswick Street, and from the game I watched so did the Red's..back to when they were Uni Red's playing in F Section..yep I'm getting on the Tongan's at the short odds.

Burgo...may as well stay in Pakistan and recruit for D Section next year or perhaps he is looking for some likely lads to take on the Tongans with mortar fire?

Ground surface...ordinary at best...cricket pitch in the middle in this day and age is a disgrace, and resulted in Red's ruckman injuring himself late in the game

Change Rooms...very ordinary...last cleaned after Fitzroys final game in the 1960's

Umpires penalised the Red's water boy cos he looked like he might have got a kick as against many Red's players who couldn't!

Despite reserving you a special seat in the grandstand Roy you failed to face the music...hiding behind dark glasses again?

RCT even stopped at the Lord Newry for an ale on the way home and you weren't there either...mind you a few Red's Reserves players were looking very comfortable and had been for most of the afternoon it appeared.

As RCT has documented for some time now...RED's in TROUBLE and last game of the year between them and Rovers will probably decide their fate...only trophy for the cabinet this year Red Roy will be of the wooden kind...

And finally...do something about the bar...RCT likes a frothy after a journey back in time...a time when beers were served in a glass out of a tap with the name Carlton Draught on it....I RCT has one at eleven.....and 4.30pm.

RCT

Hot off the press. All VAFA clubs senior coaches & presidents have been asked to sign affadavits regarding the "amateur status" of all players. Have the folks down at HQ got some ladder changing surprises in store??

Sounds like it was a dark day at Brunny St, unless of course if you're on that Tiger train. Four losses on the trot don't endear us to the consolidation brigade, not to mention the onward and upward community.

I hear you, RCT, on the condition of the ground. Two years of works supposedly "fixing" it, and it is becoming clearer that its out-and-out sabotage by a council that despises community. Fair go on the bar though, you can always ask the friendly staff to open the tinny for you if you can't work it out yourself.

So what's the story? St Bedes are meant to be stronger than they were at the start of the season, but I haven't noticed the Reds player stocks too depleted. Sure there's some names out, but there's some names in, too, in which I have always had the utmost of confidence. Could it be, that the retirements of a couple of players who'd been there since the Bend Over Bentleigh days, have unsettled the consistency of the side?

Ok, I've just looked at the details section of the results on the VAFA site, and woagh, who's that? And that? And that? Okay, more outs than I thought.

Well, I'm still to press the panic button, but gonnah have to turn on the afterburners from here on in.

Finally, some art music : Come back Cezanne. Come back Ceziannah, baby baby please come back.

(Heard uttered by a symphonic conductor - I am the Falla starter, Manuel de Falla starter, I am Manuel de Falla starter ...)

Will say though, I think Reds and Nobs will stay up now with a month to go.

As to who challenges Bedes, well I thought Ajax would be the only chance to do that, but, I still can't believe how tight it is behind them (the match at Gunn Reserve on Saturday is going to be as big as any I've seen this year)

pazza said:
Will say though, I think Reds and Nobs will stay up now with a month to go.

As to who challenges Bedes, well I thought Ajax would be the only chance to do that, but, I still can't believe how tight it is behind them (the match at Gunn Reserve on Saturday is going to be as big as any I've seen this year)

The whole round is huge, Parky v Monash for spot in the 4, If hampton can have a big win and Reds have another big loss, bottom 2 for Reds, then you have 2v3 and 1v4, its the hugest round of the year
( and yes I know thats not very good english )

Wishful thinking Greentree. A lot of "ifs" in that little equation of yours. Roy prefers to deal in facts as you will be well aware.

Here are some facts:

• Reds have at least 12 players to return to their line up
  • lets look at our run home : NOBS, Monash, Ormond and Hampton.
NOBS - Red likes the boys from the Gillion - it's a nice short trip as well - but not as much to play for so mark this one down for the roy boys

Monash - Students got smashed by Ajax - Reds got done by a kick after the siren by the jackas - another one for the roy boys

Ormond - they are to the Reds as Daryl Cullinan was to Shane Warne - our bunnies. Our persperationals (2nd club 18 team) could run out and the mere sight of the Fitzroy jumper would be enough to secure a win.

Hampton - will already be relegated by that stage - might not even bother coming out to Fitzroy - 4 more points

That will leave us on 10 wins and every chance to play finals. There have been some recent tough times but that is about to turn around.

So Greentree - please look at the facts (above) before posting in future.

Red will not charge for his advice on this occassion.

I hope this helps everyone in trying to determine how the season will unfold.

Red

Red Roy said:
Wishful thinking Greentree. A lot of "ifs" in that little equation of yours. Roy prefers to deal in facts as you will be well aware.

Here are some facts:

• Reds have at least 12 players to return to their line up
  • lets look at our run home : NOBS, Monash, Ormond and Hampton.
NOBS - Red likes the boys from the Gillion - it's a nice short trip as well - but not as much to play for so mark this one down for the roy boys

Monash - Students got smashed by Ajax - Reds got done by a kick after the siren by the jackas - another one for the roy boys

Ormond - they are to the Reds as Daryl Cullinan was to Shane Warne - our bunnies. Our persperationals (2nd club 18 team) could run out and the mere sight of the Fitzroy jumper would be enough to secure a win.

Hampton - will already be relegated by that stage - might not even bother coming out to Fitzroy - 4 more points

That will leave us on 10 wins and every chance to play finals. There have been some recent tough times but that is about to turn around.

So Greentree - please look at the facts (above) before posting in future.

Red will not charge for his advice on this occassion.

I hope this helps everyone in trying to determine how the season will unfold.

Red
I hate to spoil the party red ...but 5 plus 4 = 9 not ten!

Right you are OTL - minor mathematical error from the Roy.

Red is always prepared to admit when he is wrong, as you would all know, this doenst happen very often

Red

overtheline said:
I hate to spoil the party red ...but 5 plus 4 = 9 not ten!

And also Red I wouldn't call 1 "if" alot.
The if was on Hampton winning by alot.
I then had
And Reds have another big loss, that part was more a statement.
Also in using Ajax as a yard stick as you have, NOBs flogged Ajax.
You forgot to mention that.

Just giving you some more of those facts you like so much.

OC boys are back. As someone guessed correctly the duel premiership skipper is in this week and I can categorically say that Loats will play. He was a bit sore and only came off cause they were miles ahead. Injured again i don't think so.....
Ajax back to full strength from looking at them and no amount of me cheering the students on worked.
My final four:
SBMT
Ajax
OC
Orm
With SBMT to go out in straight sets and OC to win it. Get on board we are nearly full.
Got quality in there with the likes of Digga Ditch (Mitchell) who is possibly the best(and smartest) CHF in the comp.
Roy mate apart from your love of the reds i'm spot on hey....

With love
ES

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can certainly suggest that the OC guys are being rested this week at the Barnard - CHF will not be playing as is having a rest - crook for the past fortnight and select others will be rested against St Bedes. . . . .

Pretty smart too as not to risk injury in a game not winnable.

St Bedes by the Flemington straight this week !

Reds - is it a crisis ?

Boy o boy, the super coach not looking like he is so super after all. These margins are a huge concern ! Just getting smashed now.

Where to for coach and committee ?

They were a finals certainity 4 months back.

How things change.

Everyday Spelling said:
OC boys are back.

With SBMT to go out in straight sets and OC to win it. Get on board we are nearly full.

It was that cocky attitude that made you perform so admirably in last years finals assault. Once again OC counting the chickens....................when you end up "choking" the chickens

OC from what we read now close to full strength. Jackers also have players back in. Parkdale as good as they will get list wise. Jackers getting players back. No word from Tigers or Ormond all season on outs. Number Tiger Reserves players in seniors over past few weeks. Still continue to win well though. Ormond keeping pretty low and are disciplined outfit. Parkdale getting the most out of their list. Can't afford more injuries.

Thoughts for the last four weeks.
Ajax to win 4 ? mark over Ormond game
Ormond to win 2 with possible win over Jackers.
OC to win 2. On form won't beat Tigers and Jackers.
Monash to win 1. Dont be suprised if they lose to NOBS last game away. Only win Reds.
Parkdale to win 3. Expect them to upset Monash. Will beat Rovers and Parade.

On that basis. Tigers, Jackers, Ormond and Parkdale for the final 4.

Parade are gone. Rovers or Reds the other candidate. Depends whether Rovers can win two games. Will be touch and go. Expect NOBS to get over Reds this week

Three Malugas said:
OC from what we read now close to full strength. Jackers also have players back in. Parkdale as good as they will get list wise. Jackers getting players back. No word from Tigers or Ormond all season on outs. Number Tiger Reserves players in seniors over past few weeks. Still continue to win well though. Ormond keeping pretty low and are disciplined outfit. Parkdale getting the most out of their list. Can't afford more injuries.

Thoughts for the last four weeks.
Ajax to win 4 ? mark over Ormond game
Ormond to win 2 with possible win over Jackers.
OC to win 2. On form won't beat Tigers and Jackers.
Monash to win 1. Dont be suprised if they lose to NOBS last game away. Only win Reds.
Parkdale to win 3. Expect them to upset Monash. Will beat Rovers and Parade.

On that basis. Tigers, Jackers, Ormond and Parkdale for the final 4.

Parade are gone. Rovers or Reds the other candidate. Depends whether Rovers can win two games. Will be touch and go. Expect NOBS to get over Reds this week

Come on the rest of you ,whats you tips on how the year will finish up?
To save me typing "see above" I think Malugas is right on the money.

Scribe, RCT,, #86 what do you think?

greentree said:

My tip for the season finish is:

ST BEDES print the flag
Ajax enigmatic and they keep us guessing
Ormond just keep doing all the right things

equal 4th (classic fence sitting here!)
Old Camberwell as long as the cheque book holds up
Parkdale ..... ... justkeep writing them off .....

Monash do all the right things but do they have the ex factor? - desire to take them all on
The KNOB aches loads of history fighting against the tides of time. c'mon boys , get fair dinkum.

could be close
REDS and HAMPTON the heart (and petrol tank) says hampton but the head says reds.

Old Parade sorry boys

greentree said:

The Jackas are reallistically the only ones that can challenge the Tiges on Sep 16. But challenge may as close as anyone gets all year. They look unstoppable.

I think that they will be ultra competitive in B section next year but the second side that goes up will come straight back down

Bigfootyfan said:
The Jackas are reallistically the only ones that can challenge the Tiges on Sep 16. But challenge may as close as anyone gets all year. They look unstoppable.

I think that they will be ultra competitive in B section next year but the second side that goes up will come straight back down

Agreed Bigfootyfan. St Bede's will win the flag by a street, this weekend will tell the story if we (ormond) are a show. We are rolling along nicely at the moment but as we all know, it only takes a loss & the wheels could fall off.... ahem Reds.... We win & we're in 2nd spot.

Parade are gone and as everyone else has said it's between Hampton & Reds, I think Reds will stay, but if the Rovers get over the Reds geez it could be fun for all!!!

The long torpedo punt kicker's thoughts are:

SBMT - strong, focused, determined, experienced and have clearly the best depth of players across the park, reserves and U/19's to call on
AJAX - hot and cold...injuries hurt as depth is questionable...rely on 8-10 players in their senior team...bottom six are the worry
Ormond - clearly left Reds behind in 06 and are a 'relatively' young group who have best years ahead of them...would benefit from another year in C Section.
Monash - tend to rely on 6-8 key players and depth is a real problem...boxing above their weight limit a lot
OC - can beat bottom five and occasional team around their mark with Loats firing, but rarely 'string' games together and have not improved from last year
PV - considering their depth issues, have performed well...get found out against hard running teams but may get to a final.
NOBS - lost players from relegated B Section winners of only 1 game last year against the Tigers 5...struggled early but big win against AJAX will prove vital by season end.
REDS - found wanting in C Section...biggest list of injuries in history by all accounts but seem tired and found teams who run and have good players on all lines to much for them....a mark-kick team
Rovers - another disappointing year and lost spirit and ability to play two good quarters in a game....coach must be under pressure and they know how to pull a coup at David Street.
OP - finished third in C section last year but have dropped way off the pace in 06...Boundy injury big blow but are slow and destined for D Section...big changes needed but seem challenged by Diamond Valley clubs offering money for their young guns.

Final Four - SBMT, Ormond, AJAX, Monash/Parky (depending on this weeks game outcome)

Relegation - Reds v Hampton last game will decide who joins Parade in D Section for 07.

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
The long torpedo punt kicker's thoughts are:

SBMT - strong, focused, determined, experienced and have clearly the best depth of players across the park, reserves and U/19's to call on
AJAX - hot and cold...injuries hurt as depth is questionable...rely on 8-10 players in their senior team...bottom six are the worry
Ormond - clearly left Reds behind in 06 and are a 'relatively' young group who have best years ahead of them...would benefit from another year in C Section.
Monash - tend to rely on 6-8 key players and depth is a real problem...boxing above their weight limit a lot
OC - can beat bottom five and occasional team around their mark with Loats firing, but rarely 'string' games together and have not improved from last year
PV - considering their depth issues, have performed well...get found out against hard running teams but may get to a final.
NOBS - lost players from relegated B Section winners of only 1 game last year against the Tigers 5...struggled early but big win against AJAX will prove vital by season end.
REDS - found wanting in C Section...biggest list of injuries in history by all accounts but seem tired and found teams who run and have good players on all lines to much for them....a mark-kick team
Rovers - another disappointing year and lost spirit and ability to play two good quarters in a game....coach must be under pressure and they know how to pull a coup at David Street.
OP - finished third in C section last year but have dropped way off the pace in 06...Boundy injury big blow but are slow and destined for D Section...big changes needed but seem challenged by Diamond Valley clubs offering money for their young guns.

Final Four - SBMT, Ormond, AJAX, Monash/Parky (depending on this weeks game outcome)

Relegation - Reds v Hampton last game will decide who joins Parade in D Section for 07.

Pretty good summary RCT. Would have to say that Reds are the most disappointing team, given the pre-season expectations. Parkdale seem to struggle away from Gerry Green and yes, Parade look certain to be relgegated. Fourth still very much up for grabs.
Monash appear to a little vulnerable at the moment and they have had a charmed run with injury to their top players. this week will tell a tale.
Oc have won three in a row and four from five, mostly without loats, so not sure about your comments there.

Gee the Hampton /parade game is huge this week.

It is true the Reds have had an horrendous run with injuries - however that explains being stretched in regards to the 'ability' of players. What I cannot understand is the lack of 'spirit' which has been evident in their last 3 or 4 losses.

Word is the Reds Reserves had 16 of their best out from the previous week and no-one of note back in, yet still fought all the way.

A source tells me that this week the Reds will have a full list (bar 2 or 3) and might find that 'spirit' given all this relegation talk... and to make the team to play Tonga in October.

Welcome aboard Butros !

You are spot on with your post - our 2's had the best 16 out against the tigers and were far from disgraced - pretty unimpressed with the other mob actually.

RCT - what are you on. Ormond have left us behind! Ladder postions aside - they can't hold a candle to us - lets see how far they have come in Round 17 when we deliver another smashing to them. Have faith my friend - Roy will be proven correct again.

Please refer to previous posts for my final standings.

Red does not like repeating himself.

No get back to work you lot - Roy is a busy man and can't keep you entertained all day.

Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back