Cairns AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutters won a great game by 4pts. Saints got in front in the last quarter and were heading forward when the siren went. No real stand outs for either team both showing team efforts in my view. Saints showing that the Cutters for sure can be beaten.

Totally agree Lachrilly I was at this game and it was a ripper. Cutters where 6 goals up at half time and I thought they where going to win by 10 goals but the saints come out and really took it up to the cutters. Cutters did look to drop of a bit, and the saints took full advantage.Kenno was outstanding for saints as was Marto on McMillan. The finals will be a ripper between Cutters Saints and Centrals. Centrals also have picked up a couple of handy players before clearances shut as well, Sam Argas is one that kicked 5 on the weekend. Was impressed with the professionaliasm of the Cutters, went out and listened and gee there full on, and he speaks well.Big game this week Centrals v Cutters unfortunatly Cutters did get some bad injuries on the weekend and Im picking Cutters to have there first loss for season .

could be a few upsets across the park the way things are goin at the moment. I hear there are a few returning to Hawks after the Bell incident that went out with him. Also hear a rumour Bell is gonna play out the season and then head to Darwin. Will just have to see if he turns up Satdy to see if it is all just another whisper....would be good to see how he performs without the preasure of coaching.

Interesting game out at Trinity Beach this weekend, any truth in the whispers that Centrals have new additions to their team last week and again this weekend?

whisper or not the game between Doggies and Cutters will definately set the bench mark for what to expect at finals time...very interesting this one, but my money is still with the cutters as I think they might just have the edge. Other games have to go with Saints against Cobras and a close one between the Hawkies and the Crocs going down to the wire and a home game advantage for the Hawks to take home the bragging rights against a very much improved Port Douglas. Myself, I am heading to the Hawks v Port game as am keen to hang around after and have a look at what Mornigside and NT have on offer. My thoughts are that this should be classed as the game of the round

Interesting game out at Trinity Beach this weekend, any truth in the whispers that Centrals have new additions to their team last week and again this weekend?

Centrals have picked up only one player - Sam Agars, originally from South Australia. I must say they are looking a formidable unit this year and are slowly getting their best team together.

This weekends match between Souths and Centrals will be a great game, but im tipping Centrals to step up and win by 6-8 goals.

My tips as a footy newbie..

Hawks to beat Port
Centrals to beat Souths
Saints to beat Cobras

Saints showed last week if you can stop the run of Souths they are very beatable. Looking forward for what the rest of the season has to bring.
This week

Hawks easily over Port
Souths just over Centrals
Saints easily over Cobras

Port over Hawks to record their second win
Saints no contest over Cobras
Souths by a whisker ---some injuries there, but have some in reserve

Heard doggies got a few new blokes they are already a good team this year is it going to be souths first loss of year , also if doggies get up will they go all the way ,,,, ?????

Heard doggies got a few new blokes they are already a good team this year is it going to be souths first loss of year , also if doggies get up will they go all the way ,,,, ?????

Go back and read some old posts robbie, has already been mentioned Souths will have there first defeat this week, and yes as mentioned in an early post they have picked up some handy players before clearances close and yes they can go all the way in the finals just like Saints could Souths could and Hawks could.

Go back and read some old posts robbie, has already been mentioned Souths will have there first defeat this week, and yes as mentioned in an early post they have picked up some handy players before clearances close and yes they can go all the way in the finals just like Saints could Souths could and Hawks could.
So what is the scoop leema are centrals that good or are souths tappering off a bit?

My tips were off the mark a bit with the cutters and maybe every dog will have its day for the big one, will just have to see if cutters get back their injured players by finals time. If not it could be anyones flag. Went to the Hawks v Port game and Port only lost it in the last quarter. Had a brilliant third term but just couldnt keep it up. Hawks just ran away with it in the last after getting a burst from bench coach Richard Martin at three quarter time. Could hear him from inside the bar at Cazalys, just what they needed and were never headed after this. A few sore bodies at Hawks I hear after this one so who knows what will happen next week with them. Whispers are Bell is back in, starting training again this week and a couple others that have been missing as well. Could mean you might have to eat your words that Hawks are S H I T, robbie. Anyway I turned up to Cazayls to see the QAFL game and this turned out to be a ripper with Morningside taking home the trophy. Some class players and a class game. Even the umpires were good, something not seen to often in Cairns.

Anyway I turned up to Cazayls to see the QAFL game and this turned out to be a ripper with Morningside taking home the trophy. Some class players and a class game. Even the umpires were good, something not seen to often in Cairns.

Agree Junkie, noted early in the game that the umpires maust have been brought in to umpire (QAFL), standard better than usual & no familiar Cairns faces amongst them.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks u r dreaming i heard they are S H I T this year ,so will souths bottle it again

Yes at times Hawks are shit robbie totally agree, but they will finish 4th and they still look like picking a couple more up from Darwin before clearances shut , and this is what i base my comments on that on any given day they could surprize and do all right come september. :thumbsu:

So what is the scoop leema are centrals that good or are souths tappering off a bit?

The scoop is calnortonjnr, that Centrals are that good,they have a forward line of Barnett, Agars, Rhode, Bartlett, and Kreeek, a good midfield led by Maher , James and Uebergang and a solid backline. The first half was a very tough game of good old hard footy, When Souths lost Koefed and no 5 from there midfield they struggled, and not a thing went right for them. Also they had some notable players not playing that played aginst Centrals last time. Centrals where at full strength [ sorry seira was out] and Souths had a least 5 that i knew of, and then loosing there 2 midfielders early didnt help. Picking Agars and Neindorf up before clearances shut has helped Centrals heaps and they could quite easily go on and win it. Im not sure how bad Souths injurys are, Wanders and Morrison certainly wont be back for a few weeks I was told and there other ruckman is out for up to 8 weeks.:thumbsu:

Agree Junkie, noted early in the game that the umpires maust have been brought in to umpire (QAFL), standard better than usual & no familiar Cairns faces amongst them.:thumbsu:

The goal umpies where shocking, you sure they where brought up :cool::cool::cool:

I've heard of christmas in july, but mad monday in june ???, rumours are that centrals were that happy beating the cutters on the weekend they went on a bit of a bender. Any truth in the rumours about sackings, suspensions etc...........:confused:

I've heard of christmas in july, but mad monday in june ???, rumours are that centrals were that happy beating the cutters on the weekend they went on a bit of a bender. Any truth in the rumours about sackings, suspensions etc...........:confused:

Have heard this also :thumbsu:

Yes did get a bit carried away, but 1st ive heard about sackings :thumbsu:

Yes did get a bit carried away, but 1st ive heard about sackings :thumbsu:

Any club that beat Souths by twelve goals would be entitled to be happy. Centrals had a club function on the Saturday night and a birthday party the next day for one of the players, which had been organised well in advance but coincided with their win.

Now to this week..

Hawks to swoop over Cobras
Souths to down Norths
Saints to trap Crocs

Any club that beat Souths by twelve goals would be entitled to be happy. Centrals had a club function on the Saturday night and a birthday party the next day for one of the players, which had been organised well in advance but coincided with their win.

Rumours travel like wild fire and some times thats all they are, any truth about sackings? Care to divulge?

Now to this week..

Hawks to swoop over Cobras
Souths to down Norths
Saints to trap Crocs

And what a bus trip it was:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back