Cairns AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips for this week.........Cutters over Hawks but should be an interesting game with the inclusion of up and coming junior Hawk Brown to the senior ranks...keep and eye on this bloke has talent and will go far.
Doggies too good for Port and this will be a ripper. No love lost between these two and Port have nothing to lose by going hard at it. Could see some injuries at the Dogs after this game.
Norths will get the win against Cobras even with Elich out. Tigers will want to show Maguane they didnt need him anyway. All in all a great weekend of footy with all games looking to be worth a visit

Tips for this week.........Cutters over Hawks but should be an interesting game with the inclusion of up and coming junior Hawk Brown to the senior ranks...keep and eye on this bloke has talent and will go far.
Doggies too good for Port and this will be a ripper. No love lost between these two and Port have nothing to lose by going hard at it. Could see some injuries at the Dogs after this game.
Norths will get the win against Cobras even with Elich out. Tigers will want to show Maguane they didnt need him anyway. All in all a great weekend of footy with all games looking to be worth a visit

My Tips for a laugh

Souths over Hawks --I see Rundle not listed to play, will be tight, what with the Darwin ladz playing and them being an unknown style but Cutters to win
Centrals to rack up heaps against Port
Cobras in a good game over Tigers

Heard some news from a very reliable sourse the other day that a few key Souths players will be heading to Port after they win the flag this season. Apparently they think their a shoe in this year and are looking for a bigger challenge. Big call with the Dogs looking in top nick at the moment and havent lost for ages.

Heard some news from a very reliable sourse the other day that a few key Souths players will be heading to Port after they win the flag this season. Apparently they think their a shoe in this year and are looking for a bigger challenge. Big call with the Dogs looking in top nick at the moment and havent lost for ages.

Interesting line of chat --but one thing breaks that down :eek:, under AFL Cairns rules brought in this year-- any player tranfering to another club within the competition where they player the year before and played more than 2 Senior games will qualify as an 8 point player for the purpose of transfer :cool:- no club may exceed 32 points worth on the playing field in a game in any grade :(- this is to stop stripping clubs locally and to use their juniors so I do not think your news holds up as all their points would be gone in a couple of ladz -----but worthy of a chat line to help liven things up and rebirth this site :thumbsu: well done

Interesting line of chat --but one thing breaks that down :eek:, under AFL Cairns rules brought in this year-- any player tranfering to another club within the competition where they player the year before and played more than 2 Senior games will qualify as an 8 point player for the purpose of transfer :cool:- no club may exceed 32 points worth on the playing field in a game in any grade :(- this is to stop stripping clubs locally and to use their juniors so I do not think your news holds up as all their points would be gone in a couple of ladz -----but worthy of a chat line to help liven things up and rebirth this site :thumbsu: well done

Well the guys in question obviously are unaware of this rule or maybe a rule change is in the air. From what i hear they were keen on the idea but if your comments are true that would make it hard for them

Lachrilly, normally I enjoy reading your posts they make sence and make for good gossip but this one I have to put in the Bullshit Box............:thumbsdown:

Tamba this would be the first time [ well for a while ] your not talking shit, the points system is in the league to stop that kind of thing from happening :D

Tamba this would be the first time [ well for a while ] your not talking shit, the points system is in the league to stop that kind of thing from happening :D

Only posting what ive heard Leema. Im not one to start rumours and since i havent been around for that long, starting shit would be a silly thing to do. Will have to see how things pan out i suppose.If things are as you guys are saying then theres nothing to worry about i guess

Anyone for thoughs on the Crathern Medalist for this year

Mark Kennedy -- Saints would have to be in the mix
Andrew Browning -- Souths
Bill English-- Souths
Cayden Beetham-- Port Douglas
Heath Barnett-- Centrals

Kennedy should poll a few best on grounds however has missed a few games.

My thoughts
Saints best chance would be - Matt Dwyer
Souths - AB / Kofoed / McMillan / English (might take votes of each other - AB best out of bunch)
Centrals - Barnett / Fewkes
Hawks - Dai

Should be interesting anyway

I will run naked round Cazayls if Kennedy gets the Crathern...nothin but a seagull that bloke!
Hawks best two chances are Gavin Miller ruck rover,been consistant all year, and Luke Powell their big ruckman.
Beetham having a good year but Port havent got enough wins under their belt for him. to poll too many best ons....so in the mix but will miss out this year. Mcmillan is cutters best hope but too many others to poll as well.

Barnett for sure...carton of rum on that one...any takers??????

Very tempted to take that bet. McMillan from Souths would be my pick with Dwyer from Saints not far behind. Both have had great seasons.

Crathern Medal

A few boys from Centrals will poll really well..

Josh Maher, Callum Rohde, Gareth Oughton, Jessie Fewkes and Heath Barnett will share the majority of votes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Crathern Medal

Well Bingo, if all those blokes are gonna poll well for doggies it isnt looking good for my carton of rum on Barnett then is it!!!!! Better put my money on McMillan. Anyway tips for this week.........
A boil over with the Crocs winning against Saints
Hawks over Cobras
and Cutters too good for Tigers

Re: Crathern Medal

Well Bingo, if all those blokes are gonna poll well for doggies it isnt looking good for my carton of rum on Barnett then is it!!!!! Better put my money on McMillan. Anyway tips for this week.........
A boil over with the Crocs winning against Saints
Hawks over Cobras
and Cutters too good for Tigers

am leaning towards Crocs myself
Cobras to scare the Hawks
Cutters over Tigers

Saints with a couple of good ins this week will be too strong
Hawks easily over Cobras
Souths just as easy over Tigers

Medal- Andrew Browning/Matt Dywer/ Heath Barnett all too tie :)
Grand Final- Centrals v Souths , Centrals to win

G'Day all, just seeing how the Pyramid Power ground in Gordonvale is looking and how far away they are from a seniors and reserves team. Thanks

G'Day all, just seeing how the Pyramid Power ground in Gordonvale is looking and how far away they are from a seniors and reserves team. Thanks

The ground is coming along nicely , it will be 5-8 years before they have an open grade team which will be a great achievement for them and the league . looking forward for more competition , they have enough juniors to draw on and with the area expanding in the way of housing it will be a boom area

Just a quick note I was wondering what some of these coaches would be on dollar wise as they cop a fair amount of critisism on the this forum and to be getting sacked these clubs must shelling out some serious coin.

Just a quick note I was wondering what some of these coaches would be on dollar wise as they cop a fair amount of critisism on the this forum and to be getting sacked these clubs must shelling out some serious coin.

you must be on the wrong site, the only comment was on the Hawks coach and that was a club problem, no coach in Cairns has been critisised here , please don't come here and try to cause crap asking s--t if you want to know what the wage is ask the people involved properly then you might get a decent reply, and be able to coach here if you are that interested. Do not think Cairns is a backward comp. do so at your peril.:cool:

What to you guys reckon about the Saints v Centrals game this week. Should be a beauty. Centrals coming off a poor performance last week against Souths,Saints starting to hit their strapsand could possibly be at full strength this week for the first time this year. Get their if you can i reckon should be a doozy

What to you guys reckon about the Saints v Centrals game this week. Should be a beauty. Centrals coming off a poor performance last week against Souths,Saints starting to hit their strapsand could possibly be at full strength this week for the first time this year. Get their if you can i reckon should be a doozy

Should be a good game Saints back to near full strenght , Norths to take a scalp from the top 4 and Souths to run on their way

Tips this week

Saints
Norths
Souths

Last round fellows who are the tips this week

Souths cricket score over Cobras
Saints way too good for the tigers
Centrals in a close one over Hawks

bring on the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad