Cairns AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard a rumour about the Saints coach (Mark Kennedy) getting thrown out of a pub the other night for having a go at a couple of blokes from the cutters while he was blind ******* drunk. Also had a crack at a few of his own blokes which is pretty shit on his behalf. Not very professional to be ******* and then mouthing off at your own players. Is this the norm up there or is it just a one off incident. I heard this league was better than that.

Get ur facts right before u post ur slander.

This is CLASSIC TALL POPPY SYDNROME.

I have known Kenno for 15 yrs & have never seen him throw a punch coz it isn't in his nature.

He is A gun player & coach..his record speaks for itself.
I have been out on the piss with him many times & he is a love not a fighter.

Kenno was the victim of an unprovoked cheap shot from an opposition player who popped him after he said hello. Clearly this hero was after Kenno's scalp...WELL DONE.

As for him abusing his own players that is apsolute crap.

Get ur facts right before u post ur slander.

This is CLASSIC TALL POPPY SYDNROME.

I have known Kenno for 15 yrs & have never seen him throw a punch coz it isn't in his nature.

He is A gun player & coach..his record speaks for itself.
I have been out on the piss with him many times & he is a love not a fighter.

Kenno was the victim of an unprovoked cheap shot from an opposition player who popped him after he said hello. Clearly this hero was after Kenno's scalp...WELL DONE.

As for him abusing his own players that is apsolute crap.

Well now, let us get our facts right as you put it.

I did not question his ability as a player or a coach.

You say you have been out with him on many occasions but were you with him on the night in question?

So he just said "HELLO" and this bloke belted him you reckon. Does not sound right to me, but if you "WERE" there and know the truth then who am I to argue. I only heard this from someone that "CLAIMED" they werethere.

Could not believe this when I heard it, as I don't think he would be that unprofessional, so just wanted some clarification.

Cheers:thumbsu:

Well now, let us get our facts right as you put it.

I did not question his ability as a player or a coach.

You say you have been out with him on many occasions but were you with him on the night in question?

So he just said "HELLO" and this bloke belted him you reckon. Does not sound right to me, but if you "WERE" there and know the truth then who am I to argue. I only heard this from someone that "CLAIMED" they werethere.

Could not believe this when I heard it, as I don't think he would be that unprofessional, so just wanted some clarification.

Cheers:thumbsu:

I was not there but I wish i had been & know someone who was there on the night.My information is rock solid.

The bloke who popped him was drinking with a saints player & Kenno said hello to both of them.. & the hero told Kenno to fcuk off .
Kenno asked him what his problem was & then was punched.
Then the bouncers intervened & ejected both of them.

With 5 weeks to go till finals. What are ur predictions on the top 4 and who will win the premiership in the seniors and the reserves
?

I don't think Walshy will be going anywhere either. I've heard the Kyabram rumour also, but I've heard from a friend of a friend who is up in Cairns that he has just bought a place up there. Don't think he would be up to playing in the Goulburn Valley League anyway.

From what Ive heard , Walshy would be a gun in GVFL .:thumbsu:

With 5 weeks to go till finals. What are ur predictions on the top 4 and who will win the premiership in the seniors and the reserves
?

Well ive been watching the footy the last few weeks and i predict Manunda Hawks to play South Cairns in the grand final. Manunda & Souths have players coming back each week and will peak at the right time.
In the B's, Ccentrals will win as they will have a strong reserves side late in the season. They always do.

I don't think Walshy will be going anywhere either. I've heard the Kyabram rumour also, but I've heard from a friend of a friend who is up in Cairns that he has just bought a place up there. Don't think he would be up to playing in the Goulburn Valley League anyway.

No one goes back to Ky when they have left. Mongrel of a club.

No one goes back to Ky when they have left. Mongrel of a club.
Matt Sharp to win the league medal, will go close. Each time I have seen him he has been best on. Walshy will probably win the goal kicking but it will be close with Shaw from Souths right there. This incident with Kennedy at the night club, guys leave it alone it was no big deal and the people concern in the incident are all goods blokes, so there must be more to it than that but lets stick to talking footy and no go slandering others. This site is not designed for sh*t comments.

Hawks are still favourites but I think Saints will give it a shake and wouldn't write Souths off, they will have a few things up there sleeve with their coach. :thumbsu::rolleyes:

Can someone please tell me whatever happened to Souths Balaclava? Played with them many years ago. Are they now known as South Cairns or did they fold or merge? The other clubs played against are still there such as Norths, Centrals & City. Some feedback would be appreciated.

Can someone please tell me whatever happened to Souths Balaclava? Played with them many years ago. Are they now known as South Cairns or did they fold or merge? The other clubs played against are still there such as Norths, Centrals & City. Some feedback would be appreciated.

It was around the mid 80's when Sth Cairns and Balaclava merged. One team had the players and no money and the other had the money and no players, this is what bought about the merger and the team today is known as South Cairns. Hope this has been helpfull. You can get updates from the League web site. Simply go to AFL Cairns and follow the prompts.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

yeah its played during the summer with most games at night time i think. North Cairns are a dominant force and have a few girl in the state and national team i think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was around the mid 80's when Sth Cairns and Balaclava merged. One team had the players and no money and the other had the money and no players, this is what bought about the merger and the team today is known as South Cairns. Hope this has been helpfull. You can get updates from the League web site. Simply go to AFL Cairns and follow the prompts.:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Some more homework may have to be done here "fromthebackline" as the team I played for was Souths Balaclava(one team) and checking website I see they had some success as single entity into the 90's before they disappear. One can only assume they may have been renamed South Cairns? Thanks anyhow, maybe you can ask the question of some locals?:thumbsu:

Some more homework may have to be done here "fromthebackline" as the team I played for was Souths Balaclava(one team) and checking website I see they had some success as single entity into the 90's before they disappear. One can only assume they may have been renamed South Cairns? Thanks anyhow, maybe you can ask the question of some locals?:thumbsu:

Yeah you are correct to a point. The merger and name was sth balaclava but the club became Sth Cairns this was done agreement for I think it was three years and the both teams that merged decided to just call it Sth Cairns. Hope this clears it up for you. :thumbsu:

no merger. The club just moved to the growing areas. They were at Cazalys.

Yeah you are correct to a point. The merger and name was sth balaclava but the club became Sth Cairns this was done agreement for I think it was three years and the both teams that merged decided to just call it Sth Cairns. Hope this clears it up for you. :thumbsu:

The girls have a very storng comp played over summer. 2 Cairns girls recently toured Ireland with Aust. Jo Butland is Captain of Aust I see.

quote=Rednecknow;8407066]Slightly off topic here but i have been told there is a womens footy comp in Cairns. Anyone seen a game or two to comment.[/quote]

Yeah Sierakowski is playing at Centrals. Has had a pretty good year.

I see Matt Walsh is on 94 goals, is that a good effort for the Cairns League? How would he go down here in Vic in the division one leagues?

Matt Walsh would go well in the division one leagues down in Vic. He has already represented the VCFL and Queensland country at state championships. He is quick, very good leap, strong hands and a good kick. I'd imagine his opponents in div 1 leagues may be tougher, however he has still had some good opponents up here.

Matt Walsh would go well in the division one leagues down in Vic. He has already represented the VCFL and Queensland country at state championships. He is quick, very good leap, strong hands and a good kick. I'd imagine his opponents in div 1 leagues may be tougher, however he has still had some good opponents up here.

Walsh has been bagged down in Vic , but after speaking to the great SJ he will get a game in any side in the GVFL . :thumbsu:

Matty Sharp is a gun Big Tony , I only hope he stays at the cutters where he is respected as a player and a great bloke and the coaches love him. :thumbsu:

Absolute champion footballer and an even bigger champion bloke hope to see him around for a while to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back