calder cannons team for 08

Remove this Banner Ad

heard a rumour that richmond did the 3km time trial in under 10 minutes in training before xmas 06.
thats not to shabby is it?
could be a rumour and a rumour only though.

LUCIN TOMMY DOUTTA STARS
HUNTER THOMAS EAST KEILOR
TALIA DANIEL GREENVALE
GERMAN TOM OAK PARK
MEROLI ADAM PASCOE VALE
MEROLI DANIEL PASCOE VALE
McCALLUM STEPHEN TULLAMARINE
McCANN BRAD WESTMEADOWS
Just wondering where these blokes stand in getting drafted either in 2008 or 2009 as my apply? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

DIMOND JESSE FITZROY
PICKERING WILL FITZROY
BISETTO DANIEL FITZROY JFC
Have watched these guys over the past few years - part of the team that won the YJFL Colts Div. 1 final v Bulleen ( chock full of AFL hopefuls ). Jesse won the Colts b&F and Will ( son of Michael ) basically won the GF with a lazy 6 goals. Terrific kids.

LUCIN TOMMY DOUTTA STARS
TALIA DANIEL GREENVALE
GERMAN TOM OAK PARK
MEROLI ADAM PASCOE VALE
McCANN BRAD WESTMEADOWS
Just wondering where these blokes stand in getting drafted either in 2008 or 2009 as my apply? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

IMO Tommy German should have a great year - showing great leadership down at the cannons. Would have to stand a definate chance in 2008 draft. The Meroli's being top age will have to try and take the next step and get more match time in 2008 - don't no if good enough to get drafted but a lot can happen in a year. One of them is currently doing restricted training due to injury. Both Lucin and Talia should be in for a good year and should both get plenty of game time. Apparently both are showing terrific athletic ability and testings results are great. Have not seen much of McCann, Mc Callum and Hunter over the past year so cannot comment.

[/quote]

LUCIN TOMMY DOUTTA STARS - Probable
HUNTER THOMAS EAST KEILOR - Unlikley.
TALIA DANIEL GREENVALE - Probable.
GERMAN TOM OAK PARK - Probable.
MEROLI ADAM PASCOE - Unlikely.
MEROLI DANIEL PASCOE VALE - Unlikely.
McCALLUM STEPHEN TULLAMARINE - Unlikely.
McCANN BRAD WESTMEADOWS - Unlikley.

cannons will be strong this year again dont u worry about that could easily name 14 goood players
jackson trengove
chris tsarkis
sean mckernan
marcus white
tom german
adam short
darcy dove
tom mendico
daniel talia
jake melkshame
adam meroli
daniel meroli
tom lucin
ben richmond

cannons will be strong this year again dont u worry about that could easily name 14 goood players
jackson trengove
chris tsarkis
sean mckernan
marcus white
tom german
adam short
darcy dove
tom mendico
daniel talia
jake melkshame
adam meroli
daniel meroli
tom lucin
ben richmond

You forgot Dylan Joyce

LUCIN TOMMY DOUTTA STARS - quetions about him but very quick
HUNTER THOMAS EAST KEILOR - should play most of the year
TALIA DANIEL GREENVALE - goood athlete needs to stay fit.
GERMAN TOM OAK PARK - great 07 year should dominate
MEROLI ADAM PASCOE - good size and shape but has to stay injury free
MEROLI DANIEL PASCOE VALE - looks fit and should have a good year
McCALLUM STEPHEN TULLAMARINE - bit small but is quick
McCANN BRAD WESTMEADOWS - looks like a good athelte should get a go this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SURNAME FIRST NAME CLUB​

TOY NICHOLAS ABERFELDIE​

WHITE MARCUS ABERFELDIE
WOODBURN STEVEN ABERFELDIE
EZARD SAM BROADFORD
JOYCE DYLAN DOUTTA STARS
LUCIN TOMMY DOUTTA STARS
DIMOND JESSE FITZROY
PICKERING WILL FITZROY
McSWEENEY SAM FLEMINGTON
DOVE DARCY GISBORNE
FERRY RICHARD GISBORNE
TALIA DANIEL GREENVALE
TSARDAKIS CHRIS JNR KEILOR
WHITE BRENDAN MARIBYRNONG PARK U16B
GERMAN TOM OAK PARK
MELKSHAM JAKE OAK PARK
MEROLI ADAM PASCOE VALE
TYDELL DEAN PASCOE VALE
TRENGOVE JACKSON PEGS
RICHMOND BEN ROMSEY
LYON KIERAN ROMSEY/LANCEFIELD
MENDICO THOMAS STRATHMORE
BURROWS CAM SUNBURY

McKERNAN SHAUN TULLAMARINE

McCANN BRAD WESTMEADOWS

Played tennis with Will Pickering & Jesse Diamond and from all reports, they are both pretty classy playes that have composure under pressure......

I'm staggered by the lack of respect this kid gets and I reckon he will put egg on a few peoples faces.

Freak player.

Rated by some good pundits at Douttas as the best junior they have ever seen.

Dylan Joyce will dominate this season and will win games of footy for the cannons.

If he remains injury free AFL clubs will take note. Reminds me of a Brent Harvey type cuts it up through the middle and extremely damaging up forward.

footballgreat4
Just wondering where these blokes stand in getting drafted either in 2008 or 2009 as my apply? Any input would be greatly appreciated

LUCIN TOMMY DOUTTA STARS - Will definately play more games than he misses, played as back pocket in the u/16 state carnival & trial games, 6 games and only 1 goal kicked against him, absolutley towelled up the resting rovers. Kicked 2 of the best running goals from the back pocket you will ever see and was awarded Cannons player of the carnival.

HUNTER THOMAS EAST KEILOR - Disposal is an issue, has got the plays tall tag which can be a negative at times.

TALIA DANIEL GREENVALE - had an exceptional U/16 state carnival will fill a tall defenders roll and play more games than not. Rewarded as runner up in B&F for Vic Metro.

GERMAN TOM OAK PARK - great 07 year should dominate (Agree.) This kid is the absolute roll model for any kid wanting to get the best out of themselves. On and off the field absolute gun.

MEROLI ADAM PASCOE - good size and shape but has to stay injury free (Agree.) Haven't seen a lot of him on the field of late.

MEROLI DANIEL PASCOE VALE - looks fit and should have a good year (Looks fantastic and going real well on the track.)

McCALLUM STEPHEN TULLAMARINE - Hard at it and work rate is excellent. Not a natural athlete and looks a bit clumsy at times. Worked very hard at his running and will get his chance.

McCANN BRAD WESTMEADOWS - Never stops working this kid and always gives his best. Good hands and reasonable below his knees. Needs to improve his pace to take his game further. Will be tested at this level.

calder cannons how are they looking atm any information on who is training vell at the moment? any one fitter? or bulked up from last year? ladder predictions?

tom german had slight shin splints and back pproblems going into christmas, but knowing tommy he should be right, i don't think he has put on much size, marcus white looks great physically, has but on a fair bit of size and looks great but i know he has had some injury problems and his running training has been lacking, my mate is best mates with him and apparently strained his calf walking up stairs over christmas, dylan joyce well he never changes, still little and never gets unfit no matter what he does, adam short, apparently is training quite hard and may see some big improvements from him, looks like some more bulk put on him, mckernan and trengrove look about the same, none have put anymore size on

I heard Brian Taylor's son is playing at Calder this year. Does anyone know what he's like. Will he be a big burly full forward like his old man was at Richmond and Collingwood???

was jsut on a myspace page captured photos and it contains photos from last nights traning looks like a few boys have really beefed up the site is
www.myspace.com/footycaptured

Played tennis with Will Pickering & Jesse Diamond and from all reports, they are both pretty classy playes that have composure under pressure......

Jesse's been looking after himself during the break - did a 14.4 beep test last Monday (21/1) at Fitzroy senior training. Good pace, just needs a shade more size, but will hopefully make the list and have a good season. :thumbsu:

What sort of positional changes can we expect to see from some of the guys this year? Guys like White you'd assume will become important midfielders?

As a team what will be the Cannons strengths and weaknesses?

Have heard a few of the Cannons have hit the gym pretty hard during the off season, suspect there will be a few who are unrecognisable when the matches start up.

Calder will be there abouts. As is usually the case the bottom agers from the year before will be given more prominant roles. White, Dove, Tsdarkis and Short will be near the ball significantly more. McKernan,Talia, Trengove and Fewster are a fair combination of talls. Talia, Trengove and Melksham are all private school boys and their absence will test their depth. Most importantly the Cannons have a simple brand of football that is well adopted by new players.
Jordan Taylor is in the Cannons 16 squad as are the sons of Libba, Steve Wallis and Andrew Merryweather.

DIMOND JESSE FITZROY
PICKERING WILL FITZROY

agreed, they are both great under pressure

Pickering - awesome opposite foot, better then anyone else ive seen at his age, is fast on the burst and has a mean jump, he has been known to hanger the unsuspecting when necessary such as his u17 grandfinal, has the potential to absolutely bust games open. he also has the ability to weave his way out of trouble as he did in the granny last year, weaving his way out of the oppositions full defence and kicking goals on the run with left and right feet. a very likely prospect in my opinion.

Dimond - played in 2 grand finals last year winning BOG in the u19s for Fiztroy, and also having a very decent game with his beloved colts, also quick off the mark jesse does damage in the center with his game smarts, also a possible prospect.

Bisetto - big kid with huge hands to match, his rucking skills dominated division 3 u17 last year before he was taken up to the ones where he truely deserved to play. he is 6"4-6"5 and still growing, he has a couple more years where he can refine his skills and hopefully get drafted. likely prospect for 2010 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

calder cannons team for 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Back