Call it early. Name your boys!

Remove this Banner Ad

With the increasing information being given on the draft and the ability to watch the TAC Cup final and the champs I think more people are getting to see the potential draftees before they get picked up.

So here is your chance to call it early and name your picks. Sure you can say Watts, Rich or Hurley but you'll get less kudos.

My boy is Klemke. He has leadership, often a nice kick, hard at it and strong through the hips. Will be a steal for anyone who picks him up.

Over to you - heaps to choose from. Call it early.

Sidebottom,Tengrove,Swift and McKernan

It's like in Curb you Enthusiasm with the woman testing out all the ice cream. Hurry the **** up and choose one. One man each I think guys.

I will say a guy that I think can develop to be one of the best midfielders taken in this draft and in the league;

Matthew Broadbent

Love the way he moves, his footy smarts and his ability to cover the ground. At the next level he will be a beauty.

The next guy will be a smoky but again I like the way he goes about things and think he will make a fantastic midfielder in the AFL;

Tom Allwright

Lastly another smoky type that will need a bit of development but again, very smooth mover and can be a player;

Luke Stanton

I will say a guy that I think can develop to be one of the best midfielders taken in this draft and in the league;

Matthew Broadbent

Love the way he moves, his footy smarts and his ability to cover the ground. At the next level he will be a beauty.

The next guy will be a smoky but again I like the way he goes about things and think he will make a fantastic midfielder in the AFL;

Tom Allwright

Lastly another smoky type that will need a bit of development but again, very smooth mover and can be a player;

Luke Stanton

oi i shotgunned broadbent:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a massive rap for Steele- before everyone jumped on his bandwagon.

So a few that I think will be great AFL players- that probably won't go first round for their billing- but i'd consider very good.

Cornelius- Damn his performance in the 100pt belting was impressive. He didn't look fast to me- but his marking is pretty great. Would definately be jumping up and down if the Roos got him in the 2nd round- although he won't last there- surely.

Redden- I honestly saw him- and wondered why he was rated so lowly as a ruckman on BF. He's quick from what i've seen of him, and whilst I didn't think he was a Cox like ball-magnet that reads the play well- his skills looked ok enough to suggest he could do damage around the ground. He's 202cm tall- and IMO is a perfect second ruck option for any club. Most of all- his pure ruckwork impressed me.

Banner- BALL MAGNET-endurance to boot.
He's not rated- because of his decision making. Granted I don't watch him week in and week out- like some of the eastern suburbs TAC teams- but when i've seen him- his decision making hasn't been that bad. Agreed- he doesn't deliver it with lace out precision- but I personally think that in an AFL system- those sort of kinks can be worked out. At some point- even the 'unflasshy' players that do well- will get on lists- and prosper. I stood in amasement as Leigh Adams was not selected. Now- I see him as one of our most promosing younsters. The same goes with Robert eddy- who i was suprised was looked over by most. Now he's actually in a prelim final team.
Hope Banner gets picked up- because his work rate and footy smarts are just so impressive.

Extremely hard to pick from Port's perspective..but i'll say:

Vickery

Schoenmakers (if Cahill already taken)

Redden

Shannon

Pick 2: Daniel Rich

Pick 18: Mitch Robinson

Pick 20: Michael Walters

Pick 36: Jarrad Blight

Pick 52: Adam Cockie

Pick 68: Charlie Sharples

Thats my boys lets hope it comes true.