Call of Duty: Black Ops - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played Dom and HQ last night, Flak jacket is awesome. But I'll be damned if they haven't taken commando out, some of the kinving is MW2 like.....:thumbsdown:

Ripper night for Xbox kids. I ended the night with a winning streak of 12.

Not to mention the kdr's. :thumbsu:
10 odd tdm games on nuketown was sweet.

Nice to finally get host for once...

Haha, yes I consider myself apart of the emblem police as well, considering I've seen what happens secondhand (?) with a mate of mine being de-ranked by 10 levels several days a go due to a rather vulgar emblem. We just can't have this stuff roaming today's society.:p:p:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Epic winz!

Must report more often now. :cool:

anyone else having dramas and it continually saying error data corrupted??

I have to redo the initial setup everytime i turn it on.

EDIT: Nevermind fixed it. Just had to delete a few things and reinstall a patch / update.

Got this game a couple of nights ago (PC). First impressions are - Nice enough game, graphics could've been a bit better as could the sound. Looks more 2008 than 2010. That takes it down a bit but gameplay is good which is the most important and is very fun. Spawns need work but could be patched up.

Maps are good enough without being spectacular. They work well within the setting. Then i got to Nuketown. Is this meant to be a joke map or....? Just doesn't make sense. Looks designed poorly, literally like it was made in 5 minutes. Couple of objects, no detail or anything. I would've given the game a 8-8.5 but this map takes it down to a 7-7.5.

After I get over the initial stages of playing it as much as I can I think I will play it on and off but not sure yet whether it will be my main game like BC2. I doubt it.

15 flag caps on CTF was the first marathon pro challenge i completed, not hard at all if you know what you are doing
It's not thats its particularly hard, took me about 20 odd games, its just annoying when you HAVE to do it.

For 20 games I literally ran backwards and forth, not even looking for kills, just trying to get that Pro Perk so I could use it in TDM.

Thats not fun. Its laborious.

If you like CTF, then great. I loved it in Resistance but that was because its one hit which completely changes the game mechanics.

CTF in COD sucks serious chode.

Got around to finishing campaign finally, was pretty entertaining the whole way through, ending was solid as well even though you could pick it from a mile off. Definetly worth playing for those who just got straight into multiplayer.

My best KDR was on nuketown playing CTF. Destroyed the other team, left the last flag just went kills. Had kill streak after kill streak.

Still think it's a shit map.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After having a crap night Monday night... last few games my K:D was around 30% (that will teach me for being too tired)... I only had time for a couple of games last night with the last one being 17-1 (although not my highest kills... it is my best K:D yet).

PS - I can't stand the "Jungle" map... always get my arse handed to me on that map (K:D would avg around 30-40%). Either by spawn campers, boundary ringers or by snipers. I just can't find my groove on that map... it has me psyched out. :(

Yeah can't stand Jungle either. My favourite maps so far would be radiation and launch, my least favourites would be Jungle and Hanoi.

The only map I absolutely hate is nuketown.

Launch is one of my least favourites but its still pretty cool.

The rest rock my socks with Firing Range being my besty..

The only map I absolutely hate is nuketown.

I can understand the Nuketown hate... but IMO it is what it is. You know exactly what to expect going in to it... mayhem and carnarge.

It is similar but opposite to Wasteland in MW2. Many people hated Wasteland because to the camping snipers made it a "slower" more tactical map... which IMO was good because it offered a change of pace to all the other maps.

Nuketown is similar in that it forces a change of pace (for the quicker this time around)... and it varies from other midsize maps.

** That being said I dropped into a Nuketown game the other night and both teams were camping... I couldn't believe it. Put it this way the timer decided the game with scores being around 5500 to 3500. :-O

It's not thats its particularly hard, took me about 20 odd games, its just annoying when you HAVE to do it.

Thats not fun. Its laborious.

i dont disagree with any of this

seeing as marathon pro is overpowered (imo) making it really tough to get it, isnt a bad thing as it greatly reduces the people with it

i dont disagree with any of this

seeing as marathon pro is overpowered (imo) making it really tough to get it, isnt a bad thing as it greatly reduces the people with it

Yes but at the same time you don't want a powerful perk to only be available to good players (or at least players willing to put heaps of time into it) and have a "the rich get richer" scenario.

I like BOPS a lot but in terms of gameplay but I think MW2 had better maps, even if too many of them were too large. Also MW2 had better variety in player styles. Snipers, shielders, explosives and knifers are taken out of the game. Sure they were overpowered in their own ways (noob tubes w/scavenger/one man army/danger close, snipers with camping and perhaps quickscoping, knifers with commando) but now there is only one true class. Double shotties were stupid though and having shotguns as a primary weapon is a nice idea. Not many people favouring shotties though, I'm not sure if it's because they are under powered or just haven't really been explored by players yet.

Jungle is my favourite map. WMD is an absolute shit whole of a map. (Think it's WMD.) Has only one area for any kind of action and pointless vantage points for the top side spawn.

Don't mind nuketown as I always win on it but would rather it rotate around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back