Call of Duty: Black Ops - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** just checked my speed on speedtest.net or whatever and it was fine. Quite good at 16mb. But I still can't get a decent connection or even actually sign into my PSN now! Keep getting "playstation servers down" or similar. Even took the security off my wireless (bad move) to see if that worked and now it's worse. Had 30% strength with security on and now 17 with it off.

Surely it wouldn't be my NAT or speeds stopping me? Could it be the PS3? It does come and go...

some little punk just messaged me, saying "your mum was a camper 2".

I replied, "you have been reported. enjoy your ban."

Heard nothing from him yet, lol.

Should have msg'd him back calling him a 'round-headed, chimp-like mank, moron with a head like a ****** orange!" ;)

In all seriousness though, I hope you know your reporting him won't do anything......But at least it shut him up I guess.

Not much love for the map 'Cracked'. Probably my fav along with 'Launch'. I quite like 'Array' as well.

I only play Ground War which is good cos there is no 'Nuketown' or 'Training Base' (which is overrated).

**** just checked my speed on speedtest.net or whatever and it was fine. Quite good at 16mb. But I still can't get a decent connection or even actually sign into my PSN now! Keep getting "playstation servers down" or similar. Even took the security off my wireless (bad move) to see if that worked and now it's worse. Had 30% strength with security on and now 17 with it off.

Surely it wouldn't be my NAT or speeds stopping me? Could it be the PS3? It does come and go...
Call Sony dude. 1300 365 911.

It's most likely due to your router and something not working right between it and the PS3 because the PSN is up and running fine right now.

how do I do that? :eek:

Ok first thing to do is get the IP address of your router. To do that if you're not sure first find the IP address of the computer.

Go start>run then type CMD

From the dos prompt type ipconfig press enter

ipconfig.jpg

Response should look like the image above.

What ever the number is write it down. I.e 10.1.1.2

Your router will always be the first device in the range.

I.e if the PC is 10.1.1.2 then your router/switch will be 10.1.1.1

So from the dos prompt type ping then the first 3 numbers of the PC's IP address and then .1

So in the example above you type " ping 10.1.1.1" that will run a ping test.

3127976900_23bf8fa88b.jpg

Results should look like this.

Should have msg'd him back calling him a 'round-headed, chimp-like mank, moron with a head like a ****** orange!" ;)

In all seriousness though, I hope you know your reporting him won't do anything......But at least it shut him up I guess.

Not much love for the map 'Cracked'. Probably my fav along with 'Launch'. I quite like 'Array' as well.

I only play Ground War which is good cos there is no 'Nuketown' or 'Training Base' (which is overrated).
training base?

do you mean firing range?

ha ha, didn't actually report him, but funny that he hasn't said anything!!

^^ Thats mine.

Playing offline Zombies is starting to get to me, I really need to play online but I only have it on My X-Box 360 which I refuse to pay for X-box Live. I need to wait for my new PS3 as the other Killed its self

thanks Ant

so I'll just copy the last line of the results here

minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0ms

does that look OK? I think it might be the cable because I did buy that a couple of months ago. A 20m one off ebay. It looked used

thanks Ant

so I'll just copy the last line of the results here

minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0ms

does that look OK? I think it might be the cable because I did buy that a couple of months ago. A 20m one off ebay. It looked used

Yeah that's fine. So your connection to the router is fine. Do the turn router off on stuff now from my original post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe i shouldn't have asked for speedtests.......now i'm just depressed. :(

i have internode naked adsl2+ (FAIL!) and those are the speeds i'm getting.

usually i'm in the 1.5mb zone but when there's a bit of activity it goes to the pathetic levels i showed which i'm assuming is near what i get when i'm on black ops or any online game for that matter.

the fact that i'm actually over 1 k/d being an objectives player when i get killed from players not even on my screen astounds me looking at the figures i'm seeing.

maybe i shouldn't have asked for speedtests.......now i'm just depressed. :(

i have internode naked adsl2+ (FAIL!) and those are the speeds i'm getting.

usually i'm in the 1.5mb zone but when there's a bit of activity it goes to the pathetic levels i showed which i'm assuming is near what i get when i'm on black ops or any online game for that matter.

the fact that i'm actually over 1 k/d being an objectives player when i get killed from players not even on my screen astounds me looking at the figures i'm seeing.

That's terrible for ADSL2. Whack your street address into adsl2exchanges.com.au that will give you an estimate speed you should get. For ADSL2 to be that slow you either have bad cabling back to the exchange or you're over 4km away from it.

OK done everything else but still getting about 500 ping

which line filter needs to be replaced?

Did you try it with no home phones connected? They can sometimes screw with the connection. I would replace the line filter that goes between your router and the phone socket. Your ISP normally gives you a spare when you get the router.

If it's still bad you may need to call your ISP. Latency could be their back-haul, good thing is you can tell them you've already done all these tests when they ask you to do them.

Tried it without PS3 online and still get similar results, this is ADSL2+.

My NAT type is 2 or moderate, does this have anything to do with it?

Nah NAT type 2 just means you will not be able to connect/play games with people who have NAT type 3.

Did you try it with no home phones connected? They can sometimes screw with the connection. I would replace the line filter that goes between your router and the phone socket. Your ISP normally gives you a spare when you get the router.

If it's still bad you may need to call your ISP. Latency could be their back-haul, good thing is you can tell them you've already done all these tests when they ask you to do them.
OK just replaced the line and still getting terrible ping. I'll give optus a call. Thanks for your help :thumbsu:

That's on wireless though, and low mainly due to the shitty router we have had for over 5 years. Really should get a new one.

That's terrible for ADSL2. Whack your street address into adsl2exchanges.com.au that will give you an estimate speed you should get. For ADSL2 to be that slow you either have bad cabling back to the exchange or you're over 4km away from it.

3.7 km :thumbsdown:

OK just replaced the line and still getting terrible ping. I'll give optus a call. Thanks for your help :thumbsu:

You should ask your ISP if you have interleaving on your connection. If you do ask them to remove it (most can do this for you). Interleaving increases the amount latency your connection has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back