Call of Duty: Black Ops - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Personally I think the maps are perfect. But I don't play normal TDM, I play Ground War. So that's probably why I like them.

I also play team death match most of the time and for that purpose I have trouble finding a map that I really hate. I think the maps are better than most of those in MW2. Though Nuke town would have been better if they opened up a third house area.

On another note today I went into a match in Radiation and I ended up with a 0-21 kill count. I got my kill streak up to 9 and went ballistic with the chopper gunner. It's funny how half the people left the lobby after that.

It's doesn't have to be camping, I shoot, move somewhere, stay shoot, move shoot, move somewhere else etc. Then the kill streaks do the rest.
I havn't got over 40 but on TDM it's quite easy to get 30+ kills with a decent team.

That's pretty much how I play as well. I tend to have regualar games where I get something like 20-4, but I usually get scores like 15-6.

Its a great game, but it is definetely missing that bad ass edge that MW2 had...

Perfect example is the chopper gunner, it really does feel like you are using a waching machine rather than a gatling gun in a helicopter...
I haven't watched the review (mainly because the embed was broken) so don't know what that guy said, but in regards to the killstreaks.

You realise that is how they're more or less meant to be? A killstreak reward is meant to be something that rewards you for getting x amount of kills without dying. From that you're meant to just get a boost for that streak. It's not about suddenly going from 5 kills to 20 kills because you got lucky with a care package and were then able to rape the map with the gunner. If you're good enough you can manage about 5-7 kills through a killstreak, which is absolutely perfect. Sometimes you might not get a kill, but that is just the luck of the draw.

The only killstreak that is really probably overpowered is the RCXD mainly because it's very cheap and especially on Nuketown you can really do a lot of damage. But I also know why it's a 3 killstreak, mainly because anything else put at 3 would mean everyone would use Spy Plane and to negate that they would then use Ghost, which puts to death about 7 other things in the game.
guys, still wondering if it's just me...but the game load times are very slow for me. When I get into multiplayer for the first time, it says 'reading hdd', and it freezes and takes a good minute to sort itself out. When a game is finished, the loading screen sits there for a good 30 seconds before I rejoin the lobby, then 99% of the time actually kicks me out of the lobby.
Most of that tends to happen to me a fair bit, especially loading into MP, it's really a shit when somebody invites you from anything other than being already in the MP menu because then it takes a good minute and a half to work in which the invitees have most likely left or started a match...!
so when you prestige everything restets? does that mean i have to play ****ing capture the flag again to unlock marathon pro?
Yep, EVERYTHING re-sets bar your stats, which don't go towards anything.
I seriously have no idea how people go 45-6 and shit like that on this game unless you spend the whole game hiding away in a corner.
It's not hard, while I haven't gone above 36 yet if you have a good team and enough shit players on the other team you can absolutely dominate.

Last night myself, Dibikins and Team Mo' each went I think over 35 kills each in the one match (or at least very close to that) and about 6-8 deaths each. The opposition were terrible and we really smashed them, none of us were camping...in fact I could probably chuck the match up in my file share for anyone to download to prove the fact.
Pretty much proves havin domination on that level is ridiculous, far too small.
I feel that if played right Nuketown Domination is actually VERY GOOD. Surprisingly...probably not much for anything else though I have to say.

But Domination can almost be a controlled chaos if you just play it right. Myself and Eagles last night were the only 2 pretty much in 2 rounds to go positive in our kdr and points wise we were both top 3. It's one that you have to be more patient than other maps and not go crazily running into each flag, just bide your time and pick your moment to run in and capture a flag. It plays similarly to Shipment IMO, which is a fantastic small map.

DAMN LONG POSTS!!!:eek:

So I went in to have a game for te first time in a couple of days. Everything was working fine, except I didn't have sound. I restarted the game and now I can't join games from the server browser.

Just finished the SP campaign, and was mighty impressed. I thought the Dragovic death scene would've been more epic, but was still pretty cool. :D

In terms of the story:
When it got to the point where you meet up with Reznov for the second time following your breakout from the Vietnam POW camp, it was then I realised that Reznov was simply a figment of Mason's imagination. The fact he went missing for parts throughout the story only to magically meet up with Mason in weird places was what gave it away. And when Mason is being interrogated and told that HE was the one who killed Steiner, it all came to a head. I was instantly reminded of Fight Club.

Either way, it was an awesome twist though and one I rate pretty highly considering it was for a video game.

If anyone is up for a massive group match later give me a heads up. :thumbsu:

I have a question to anyone who uses Ghost Pro. In the description for the pro version it says that Aircraft won't target you. But the attack chopper has no problem finding me and I light up like a christmas tree for the chopper gunner. I imagined that Ghost Pro would be like cold blooded Pro in MW2. Is my Ghost Pro working properly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)"

Hallelujah!!!!!!!

Give host to me, not some ******* with friggin prepaid from Aldi FFS!

No mention of sound patch though, what gives there??

Yeah, we got to 13 again. The lap strategy kept working until they overran us.

What's wrong with my voice?
Nothing, I enjoyed listening to it, it had that kickass type of tone to it

"Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)"

Hallelujah!!!!!!!

Give host to me, not some ******* with friggin prepaid from Aldi FFS!

No mention of sound patch though, what gives there??

Don't worry, Vahn has already acknowledged the sound problem and says they will be fixing it.

I seriously have no idea how people go 45-6 and shit like that on this game unless you spend the whole game hiding away in a corner.
I'll try to upload my last two games. Went 45 and 6 and then 40 and 6 on firing range. Don't camp but definitely know where a spawn is and play smart really. I'm not going to run into the open and try for a triple spray nor am I going to wait in a corner and wait for people to run past.

Really only go well when the lobby is full of n00bs. Sheer luck most of the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back