Callan Ward - Rising Star!

Remove this Banner Ad

Cal picked up a lazy 33 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles and a goal tonight.

If these aren't Rising Star nomination stats, I'll spew up!

He's played well for a few weeks now, without a nomination. This must be his week!

Anyone else think it's time for a nomination?

Keep it going Callan Ward!!

Of course he will get it. Those who present players with a nomination look for two things.

How good the player's form is... TICK
How good the player's performance was in that round... TICK

Ward goes bang big time. He is seriously getting better with every game he plays. Not only will he get this round's nomination, I dare say that he is making a late charge to challenge Rich for the award.

It is a bit early to claim the nomination for this round.

He played exceptionally well and a nomination would not be out of place, but there are still 5 games to complete the round.

Of course he will get it. Those who present players with a nomination look for two things.

How good the player's form is... TICK
How good the player's performance was in that round... TICK

Ward goes bang big time. He is seriously getting better with every game he plays. Not only will he get this round's nomination, I dare say that he is making a late charge to challenge Rich for the award.

Hopefully.

I had a little flutter on him yesterday at the juicy odds of $34.

Just did a bit of maths for Callan Ward comparing his earlier games this year to his recent run with the Dogs.

Round 1-5 (AVERAGES)
6.6 kicks, 6.6 handballs, 53% efficiency, 1.6 marks, 2.8 tackles 0.4 goals.

Round 9-12 (AVERAGES)
9.5 kicks, 11.25 handballs, 70% efficiency, 4.25 marks, 4.75 tackles, 1.25 goals.

SUPERCOACH SCORES (AVERAGES)
Round 1-5: 41.6
Round 9-12: 93.5

Oh Jeez - I was fearing (and expecting) he'd become a player!

Another superb job by the Punt Road recruiting geniuses.....

Hope he becomes a gun and then maybe RFC might finally learn.....

It is a bit early to claim the nomination for this round.

He played exceptionally well and a nomination would not be out of place, but there are still 5 games to complete the round.

The media will be salivating at Nick Nat....and he took a screamer....so don't be surprised if the Press give it to the Eagle, based purely on speculation...and ONE hanger.

hooroo...

The media will be salivating at Nick Nat....and he took a screamer....so don't be surprised if the Press give it to the Eagle, based purely on speculation...and ONE hanger.

hooroo...

Considering that the media/press aren't the ones who give out the award I wouldn't be worrying about Nic Nat's game

he get better week by week, now a couple of people had a dip at me for saying he is in our best 22, well his been in our best players the last three weeks getter better every game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

super game and super fortnight by the 19 yr old. Absolute monster talent. In terms of a nomination i think he will get his in the coming weeks so dont stress. In regards to winning the rising star i think its hard when ur a late nom ie: after round 8-9. It would be interesting to c how many winners havnt come out of the first 8 weeks (i reckon most have) as i believe once people make a subconcious decision as to who they think is the best something special needs to happen for them to changr their mind. Their should be a 3-2-1 on a weekly basis as consistency in a young player should be one of the biggest determining factors in the winning of it.

Ward could have been forgiven for his so-so start to the season as it was his first year out of school. When he got dropped he deserved it but he put his head down and went back to Willy and played a blinder and hasn't looked back. THIS is the most important characteristic he's shown as a player this year. Glad he's in the red, white and blue!

I'll run naked across the Whitten Oval at the next training session if he doesn't get nominated this week...well the threat should be good enough:D

I'm pretty sure the nom doesn't come through until AFTER the split round... :D

The Ward Kiddie should get the nod this round after his performance over the past 3 games, SEN commenty team gave him BOG in darwin, got over the line from hargraves and cross for his contested possesions 10. I'd still like to see a more kicks than last week. 11 kicks 22 handballs prefer 16/ 16. :thumbsu:

super game and super fortnight by the 19 yr old. Absolute monster talent. In terms of a nomination i think he will get his in the coming weeks so dont stress. In regards to winning the rising star i think its hard when ur a late nom ie: after round 8-9. It would be interesting to c how many winners havnt come out of the first 8 weeks (i reckon most have) as i believe once people make a subconcious decision as to who they think is the best something special needs to happen for them to changr their mind. Their should be a 3-2-1 on a weekly basis as consistency in a young player should be one of the biggest determining factors in the winning of it.

I think you will find this is done, this is why Rhys Palmer was given the award last year, clearly Cyril Rioli was the better player over the course of the season, but Palmer had more influence in games tha Rioli.

You also posed a question of who has won the award and where they have been nominated, just doing some quick research now, but will get back to you on that one.

Keep you posted guys, and im with you, it will be a great shame if he does not get nominated, he has been in my radar since the start of the year, and i have been a huge fan of him, has a good head on his shoulders, and a great talent, so let him go, he will be a star.

On actually giving him the award, I think it is a bit hyped, and to be honest, I think the award will go to Andy Otten from Adelaide if it is not given to Daniel Rich, Ward has averaged 101.3 over the last three weeks, but has averaged 64.6 this year overall compared to the lethal lion Daniel Rich who has dominated with an average of 86.2 over the course of 2009, with Andy Otten also having a far superior average (85.5) than young Ward. Any ways, still a long way to go this season, so we could see some surprises come years end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Callan Ward - Rising Star!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back