Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

danster168

Quick player ratings update.

Camnificent slips a couple of places to 80th highest rated footballer in the comp in 2024, well inside the top 5 from an average team.

Sadly, Barely Avfritsch slips outside the top 200 poor bugger. 208 this week, fringe top 12 in an avfritsch team.

Tune in for more absolutely appalling ratings news next week Danster. :cool:

It's strange because for someone who lauds big game players such as Dustin Martin, your positive reinforcement for Rayner as a player goes against the grain.

Cameron Rayner will always be a tantalizing prospect. Nothing more than that really. Think of Jake Stringer if you will.

It's strange because for someone who lauds big game players such as Dustin Martin, your positive reinforcement for Rayner as a player goes against the grain.

Cameron Rayner will always be a tantalizing prospect. Nothing more than that really. Think of Jake Stringer if you will.

Rayner was being talked about as if he was useless on this thread, and by plenty. That is what I have argued against from the start. He was disappointing in a couple of finals last year as a 23yo, but had one really good final. He finished 5th in the B & F for a team who all but won the flag. We can already see he is well above where a lot of misguided people were rating him. He will likely write his real story in finals over the coming seasons, including this year. I don't think he is going to get to Dusty's finals level but that is a near impossible bar to set. But I think after watching him in finals this season and future seasons people will be saying they would like him on their team in big games.

One way or the other, it is all to be written.

Rayner was being talked about as if he was useless on this thread, and by plenty. That is what I have argued against from the start. He was disappointing in a couple of finals last year as a 23yo, but had one really good final. He finished 5th in the B & F for a team who all but won the flag. We can already see he is well above where a lot of misguided people were rating him. He will likely write his real story in finals over the coming seasons, including this year. I don't think he is going to get to Dusty's finals level but that is a near impossible bar to set. But I think after watching him in finals this season and future seasons people will be saying they would like him on their team in big games.

One way or the other, it is all to be written.
It's worth noting that Rayner's played 9 finals aged 23 or under. Players finals averages in this age range are rarely as strong. Prime time for player performance can start as late as 26 for some players. So his finals averages couldn't be compared with those who didn't play many finals in the first half of their career.

Rayner's played 9 finals aged 23 or under. Players finals averages in this age range are rarely as strong. Prime time for player performance can start as late as 26 for some players.

It is not just age, it is having the right role, how well the team is functioning etc. You hit 24 and you are fit and in a good role in a good team there are no excuses. How you perform defines how good you are.

I don't think he is going to get to Dusty's finals level but that is a near impossible bar to set.

Yes it is because the team he plays in is full of pea hearts.
Of course it's difficult to be at your very best when a third of your teammates can't execute in the final quarter under severe stress.

Personally, I have more faith in Lohmann delivering in the upcoming finals before Rayner.

Yes it is because the team he plays in is full of pea hearts.
Of course it's difficult to be at your very best when a third of your teammates can't execute in the final quarter under severe stress.

Personally, I have more faith in Lohmann delivering in the upcoming finals before Rayner.

Curious - on what basis?

The weekend just gone is the first time we’ve lost this year after leading at three quarter time - 8 points, to a quality side in the Giants.

We’ve managed to turn deficits of 15 points against Melbourne and Sydney, into wins, in the last 7 weeks.

If you have evidence of us not delivering “under severe stress” I’d be open to hearing it.

Danny, Spargo is up and about with the prospect of half the Demon's list requesting a trade this season, creating more opportunity for him. Could we see a new age for Spargo at the Demons? Tough competition for Cam next year!

Shoutout to another guy that Brisbane should've taken before Rayner: Brent Daniels

29 touches. 7 marks. 13 tackles, 7 clearances and 3 goals.

God mode.

Shoutout to another guy that Brisbane should've taken before Rayner: Brent Daniels

29 touches. 7 marks. 13 tackles, 7 clearances and 3 goals.

God mode.

Great game by young Brent today Danny.

Tough week for the Dee’s this week Danny with half the list wanting out but good to see you up and about. Big win today!

Rayner back to being the Cam we all know. :) it was eerily similar to the GF.

But I'll give him credit for his few weeks in the sun. Credit where credit is due. He showed a ceiling I didn't think he was capable of.

How did Logan 'the Sub' go? Still better than Melbourne's entire forward line? lol that ahed well.

Meanwhile, my boy Daniel Turner kicking 4, Van Rooyen 3 and Petty hitting some form in the last month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I'll give him credit for his few weeks in the sun. Credit where credit is due. He showed a ceiling I didn't think he was capable of.

How did Logan 'the Sub' go? Still better than Melbourne's entire forward line? lol that ahed well.

Meanwhile, my boy Daniel Turner kicking 4, Van Rooyen 3 and Petty hitting some form in the last month.

Danny I thought we weren’t taking it a week at a time. Body of work remember.

Harrison “9 goals a season as a full forward” Petty?

Yeah, but the body of work works in my favour. If you went by body of work than you shouldve told all your lions fans to stop overreacting to some isolated performances

Luckily good finals performances count for 4x as many danster bucks

Another shoutout to another guy who has done far more than Rayner to date.

Jack Higgins from the 2017 draft. 17 touches, 7 marks and 3 goals.

it's funny how we just come to expect good performance from 25+ players from thr 2017 draft but when Rayner plays well, it's newsworthy.

Another shoutout to another guy who has done far more than Rayner to date.

Jack Higgins from the 2017 draft. 17 touches, 7 marks and 3 goals.

it's funny how we just come to expect good performance from 25+ players from thr 2017 draft but when Rayner plays well, it's newsworthy.

Jack Higgins has entered the chat, welcome Jack!

The difference is Danny, Cam 'MVP' Rayner is a big name player and Higgins is not. I must have missed the 170 page thread on Higgins.

Don't forget Tristan Xerri from 2017 Dan. Pick 72.

Don't forget Tristan Xerri from 2017 Dan. Pick 72.

tom cruise crying GIF

1723899808649.png

Jack Higgins has entered the chat, welcome Jack!

The difference is Danny, Cam 'MVP' Rayner is a big name player and Higgins is not. I must have missed the 170 page thread on Higgins.
Jack Watts was also a big name player for similar reasons. I remember everytime he contributed to a game it people would go nuts

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back