Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

never heard of Daniel turner is he the second best Melbourne forward behind the Wayne Carey himself barely average
dude. don't be a clown. Fritsch is clearly a star player. He's kicked more goals per game than any other Brisbane player in the last 4 year. His goals speak for themselves. Best kick for goal in the league.

I think Rayner is a great player, damaging around goals and strong as an ox, does what’s asked of him more often then not.

Only downside IMO would be his engine, but he isn’t going to be anymore then a burst type clearance winning mid.

Much maligned, and I think he’s repaying the Lions faithful and is vital to there aspirations.

I thought Collingwood was his usual once a season good game.

I still remember last year, he played well against the pies. All the Brisbane fans came out to post here. Haven't seen them since. Except for the odd 16 possession, 2 goal game
Since moving forward essentially full time he's kicked 7 goals in 3 games. If he can maintain that form I'll be happy with that. All 3 wins relatively close ones too.

It's not logic. Fritsch kicked 6 in a granny. He stood up. Meanwhile Rayner was the worst player on the entire ground and was very lucky to not be subbed out of the granny. These are 2 facts you can't ignore.

Rayner has proven to be over 6 odd years to be the 34th best player of his draft. Rayner is the equivalent to a Daniel Turner at Melbourne. I'd do a straight swap and maybe chuck in a 3rd rounder. Not even joking.

Rayner as a midfielder? Failed
Rayner as a defender? failed
Rayner as a forward? failed.

Rayner is a 14-16 touch, 1 goal a game forward in a top 4 team that doesn't defend and is a pure downhill skier.

Melbourne players danster rates above Rayner on this thread:

Spargo :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Petty :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Barely Avfritsch :tearsofjoy:

And now the man who lures Dans to bat for the other side....

Daniel Turner :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

No wonder Danster loves him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Turner :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

lol. as if Fritsch isn't better than Rayner. That's a clear attempt as a troll. But dude, at least make your trolls realistic :)

Dude you rate Rowbottom better than Curnow and Worpel better than Toby Greene. 'But but the player rating system..'.

Petty is better than Rayner. Sure, he's playing out of position at the moment but when is the last time Rayner got offered a 5 year, 800k contract with 1 million in the first season? Rayner is 450k worth player. There's not going to be any significant offers for Rayner.

Since moving forward essentially full time he's kicked 7 goals in 3 games. If he can maintain that form I'll be happy with that. All 3 wins relatively close ones too.
But ask yourself, why isn't he playing full time midfield. Apparently he was the next generation mid :) That dream lasted all of 3 minutes :) Almost as long as the defender experiment to try and get the man some easy ball. He still couldn't find the pill.

Also, you realise he's playing on the worst player each week. The dees played a rookie on him. Paid him no respect and he killed us with 9 touches :)

But ask yourself, why isn't he playing full time midfield. Apparently he was the next generation mid :) That dream lasted all of 3 minutes :) Almost as long as the defender experiment to try and get the man some easy ball. He still couldn't find the pill.

Also, you realise he's playing on the worst player each week. The dees played a rookie on him. Paid him no respect and he killed us with 9 touches :)
Maybe your coach should have put a better player on him then because he was our equal highest goal kicker in a close win.

But yeah... he had a bad game if you say so.

Stats are stats... he set up a big goal with a smother from a kick in that night, huge moment in the game but barely registered on the stats sheet.

Last edited:
Maybe your coach should have put a better player on him then because he was our equal highest goal kicker in a close win.

But yeah... he had a bad game if you say so.

Stats are stats... he set up a big goal with a smother from a kick in that night, huge moment in the game but barely registered on the stats sheet.
Are you kidding me? Rayner was horrendous. 3 possessions in the 2nd half. 8 touches playing on a rookie with 1 goal coming from man advantage in the goal square. playing on a rookie. embarassing performance that we're all used to. He even had 3 cba's to get into the game and still couldn't find it.

Are you kidding me? Rayner was horrendous. 3 possessions in the 2nd half. 8 touches playing on a rookie with 1 goal coming from man advantage in the goal square. playing on a rookie. embarassing performance that we're all used to. He even had 3 cba's to get into the game and still couldn't find it.

Ok yeah one goal doesn’t count as much because it come from a man advantage in the goal square and he’s playing on a rookie? That’ll do me.

Why are you obsessed in number of touches? He’s playing as a forward.

Equal highest goal scorer in a winning team and you’re calling his game horrendous and embarrassing. Absolutely one-eyed.

Ok yeah one goal doesn’t count as much because it come from a man advantage in the goal square and he’s playing on a rookie? That’ll do me.

Why are you obsessed in number of touches? He’s playing as a forward.
Fine. So if he's playing as a forward why is he not kicking many goals? 1.1 a game.

Hell Daniel Turner is kicking 1.2 a game.

But you realise the double standards. Bagging fritsch for kicking an elite amount of goals but then not applying the same measures for a genuine C grader in Rayner.

Do you think people forget that most Brisbane supporters wanted Rayner dropped only a few weeks ago? 🤔

Screenshot_20240715_220353_Google.jpg

Sorry Danny, long day just getting around to this thread now.

Danny when Cam plays these good games week after week you’re becoming too transparent in trying to distract by bringing up young gun forward Logan Morris, grand finals and banana fritter kicking 6 in a game. They’re starting to see through the distraction and are onto you.

It’s back to the drawing board I think. I’m around if you need to bounce some ideas off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back