Can Lloyd, Lucas, Gumby, & Neagle all play in same forward line?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd full forward, Lucas centre half forward, Neagle lead up forward pocket to give space to Lloyd and Gumby half forward flank lead up player to open space on forward line.

My first reaction is no, too many talls. Thinking about it a bit more though, if we could get some good crumbers around their feet, that forward line would be very hard for any defense in the league to stop.

Whether we play them all or not, it would be nice to have them all firing.

My first reaction is no, too many talls. Thinking about it a bit more though, if we could get some good crumbers around their feet, that forward line would be very hard for any defense in the league to stop.

Whether we play them all or not, it would be nice to have them all firing.

Agree. Too top heavy all in the forward line. We need crumbers.

it can be done imo but it leaves a question as to where we will play the likes of daniher, mcphee, NLM, welsh etc..

if we have those 4 talls in our forward line then we need some real crumbing types... our forward line would have to have the likes of davey, jetta, reimers at their feet and causing defensive pressure otherwise it would be unbeleivable easy for teams to rebound out of defence

I think they could all be played in one game... but not on the field at the same time. 3 on the field, 1 on the bench or playing somewhere else (Gumby and Lucas could be pushed into defense)

IMO, Gumby shouldnt be within 30m of goal, Lloyd and Neagle shouldnt be outside the 50m arc. I'd love to see Gumby play the type of game that Josh Kennedy played on the weekend. Running his guts out, presenting all the time and taking strong marks.

This is of course contingent upon them all being fit, but is this a possibility taking into account team balance?

Why not?? but they might feel that four guys on the forward line might make things kinda like getting a little crowded, don't you think? Of course, Scotty could whack one of them so as to make room to move around. :eek::eek:

I believe Lucas and Gumbleton can both play together up at HF, but Neagle and Lloyd would have to rotate off the bench because they'd just get in the way of each other if they were both playing at FF or FP.

I think Neagle will be played more off the bench now and hopefully Gumbleton can take NLM's spot up forward. (Where NLM played whilst Lucas was injured)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the age of Lloyd and Lucas, I would suggest that the likes of Gumby, Neagle, Double D's, etc. would have to be regarded as replacements in the long-term.

Realistically, we are not going to be facing this problem for very long into the future.

No we can't.

With a fit team we would have either Gumby/Neagle rotating off the bench with Lloyd/Lucas. I think the best way is to gradually ease them into the team and slowly give them more game time. This way Lucas and Lloyd slowly get less game time and we might even get an extra year out of them. It would be handy to have at least 3 maybe 4 of them in the team because they can create mismatches which would work into our favour.

Then when the time comes when we no longer have Lloyd and Lucas, we have two Young guns fitting in perfectly to the side.

We have great KKP forward prospects.

dont know much about Gumby, but could he play on the wing or a Richo type role?? I'm not sure if he hqas that ype of capicity. If not, then Lucas could play CHB? I think having quality on the bench isn't the answer it would just be a waste of talent. They will learn more about the game on the field than sitting down. But it hard to say what sort of player Gumby will be as we really haven't seen him much at all

Some really interesting ideas here. I have never liked the move of Lucas to CHB. Personally, I think he is clearly our best player. But he has played well there before. Yet I dont think that I would be a fan of rotating the 4 off the bench, and think that we should give Neagle and Gumby every chance of developing into KPP. I think this is best done with these guys spending as much time in the forward line as possible. 3 I think we can play, 4 I am not so sure. As much as it pains me to say it, perhaps the option is Scotty at CHB - assuming they are all fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Lloyd, Lucas, Gumby, & Neagle all play in same forward line?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back