Can the Demons upset the Blues ?

Remove this Banner Ad

If certain factors can make a team perform 'better,' then why don't they sustain that?

Reading through a few posts, there seems to be the suggestion that Demons could potentially upset the Blues because of the desire to save some dignity. That, and past observations like a certain player playing their 'X' game or a 'must-win' game makes me wonder why teams can find that extra 10% on certain days but not consistently throughout the season... or do you feel that teams finding something more because of a certain event (e.g. new coach) is merely media/marketing beat-up?

I'm aware that a team needs to 'pace' itself throughout the season and not peak early, but I don't understand that if say, something like a new coach could improve performance, why that standard can't be upheld throughout the season.

Re: If certain factors can make a team perform 'better,' then why don't they sustain that?

Because it's a subconscious/emotional thing that can't just be switched on and off.

Re: If certain factors can make a team perform 'better,' then why don't they sustain that?

Agreed, it's a mental thing. It's why there is such a thing as a 'Premiership hangover', where players just don't have the same level of motivation after winning the flag. There is very little a coach or even the players themselves can do to change that mentality, as it's generally subconcious.

That won't happen, Rivers said the boys didn't care about that game. :rolleyes: They are preparing to smash the Blues in revenge to their pathetic comments from previous match. ;)

WOW.

Mitch Robinson comes out and honestly assesses your team. That you played bruise-free football and didn't try and win enough ball and that's pathetic.

What your team produced on the weekend was pathetic. Mitch just said what everyone knew

With the bunch of skirts running around on the park? No chance.

Reckon losing by over 150 points will deter Jarruh? Nope will still play the selfish crap he always had.

Generally I think a team bounces back after a coach is sacked because the coach was a problem and had lost the players.

My gut feel is that the players hate the administration more and Bailey wasn't the whole problem, so I'd be surprised if they improve much this week

Same old Luck...a team in crisis and a fresh start is a clash against carlton, I wished bailey stayed for another week so we could flog melbourne but watch how the dees would be pumped up this week, Meh we should still win or our board would go into Maximum meltdown.

It's certainly doable.

Christ knows whether it will in fact be done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all the termoil going on at Melbourne and the coach being sacked,is it possible that the Demons might come out and play competitive football especially against Carlton and the comment that the Blues said last time about the "non bruised football"

I sincerly hope so, go the Dee's

I believe they will put up a real showing. How many times have you seen a team ,who have had a tough week off field, come and play a great game of footy.

I reckon it will be close until the 3rd quarter and then the blues will dominate.

For the Dee's fans I hope they play a great game but don't win :)

Toddy will get the Dees going for two and a half quarters so back them to be up at half time. Will eventually lose by 5-6 goals. Jamar out again hurts and who knows what is going on with Sylvia.

..not much of a chance.. ..big changes on and off field, outdated game-plan that can't be fixed in a week, no big/power fwd to worry undersized inexperienced backline, no smalls to defends vs betts & garlett, weak ruck division.. ..and even more on the 'line' for the blues than the dee's this week..

..more pain this week for the dee's, to follow on to next week vs wce..

At $6.60 it's a good value call but I aint taken that.

Blues by 40
Melbourne are paying over $6 to win so i presume 20-39 margin would be well and truly double figures.

Edit: Just looked on Sportstab and it is paying $23

They shouldnt...but if they do both Carlton AND Melbourne players should hide from shame, one for what they have served up previously and the other for letting an inferior mentally weak side ride the emotional high.
That said I cant see Melbourne wining though I would laugh my ass off if they did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can the Demons upset the Blues ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back