Remove this Banner Ad

brookers#5

Club Legend
Suspended
Jun 6, 2007
braybrook
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is a list of the 31 players likely to be any chance of playing with us for the rest of the season:
bateman:very good deason & taken his running game to the next level played 100 games of footy now so should be ready
birchall:youngster who has defied expectations since day 1 at the club has become an important component in our back 6 but if one of players not to have experienced pressure footy.
Boyle:expected to be a player a couple of years ago but has really come out of nowhere his another one who has never experienced high pressure footy but should be at a age where his no overawed.
Brown:what more can you say he wil thrive under the atmosphere of finals footy & gives us that hard edge which we need to win finals footy, one of our most important 5 imo.
Campbell:gives an honest contest but i think he hasn't been quite as good this year but the great thing about him is that you know he'd die for the jumper & we have afew blokes like that where 5 years ago we none.
Clarke:gives great run when in the side & still think he could play a part in our campaign, his another one who puts the club before himself.
Crawford: One of the experienced performers who will give us big match experience back to his form of 5 or 6 years ago he gives us great depth in midfield & great run which most teams stuggle to hold.
Croad:Again offers experience of big games & gives us that flexibility just like what the eagles have with hunter & all good teams need that.
Dixon: Hard to know weather he should play or not he'd offer us some much need experience but do you really want him taking the sport from a boyle or roughead who i think will be better for the experience come next year & beyond.
Ellis:looks a player & the experience would be great for him i just think his probably not in our best 22 this season.
Franklin:can't wait to see how he puts up with the pressure of a big game because if he does well we'll know that we have the best player in the game & his the x factor who could just prepel us to a prelim or even further.
Gilham:Been great couldn't of asked for more & has the poise & skill to be a quality backman for years to come i dont see any great guerillas unless we play collingwood(rocca)so i think he'll be able to do a great job for us.
Guerra:Very astute pick up from clarkson & offers that grunt & skill from half back aslong as he doesn't get found for pace by someone quick he should be right.
Hodge:Star can play every position & i have no doubt he will rise to the occasion.
Jacobs: good reality check for jacobs on the weekend he still is in our best 22 but needs to find more urgency or he might not get back in.
Ladson:Had great doubts on him 12 months ago but has been great this year & been rarely beaten is a perfect match up for the short nippy forwards.
Lewis:the type of player you want any finals footy tough as nails obviously inexperienced but his the type of kid u want much rather him in a final ahead of either deledio griffen or tembling from that draft.
Mcglynn: Imo the find of the season unlike boyle who we knew had ability i wasn't so sure about mighty mouse but he has delivered in spades & doesn't appear to be stopping after another b.o.g performance on sunday no one can run with him, his a more skillful timmy clarke.
Mitchell: my favourite player, you have to love blokes who have to work harder then the next bloke & thats why he wont let an oppurtunity past.
Murphy:In the dawson bracket but i really like this kid & think his only a year away from being a regular fixture.
Muston:The kid can be anything from all reports will be making his debut this week & cant wait for it been a great comeback from the kid & he'll give us some pace around the edges.
osborne:A little gem who without our small forward has been the one playing down there putting on the defensive pressure & was rewarded with his finest moment in the brown & gold on sunday nite, get well soon ossy.
Renouf:Been unlucky not to crack a game because of the good form of tails & campbell but the likely hood of both ruckman playing every game is small so i would be surprised if he gets a game before the seasons out.
Roughead:The last two weeks have proved how good the kid will be his been unfairly put up against buddy from outside the club but with in the club everyone has known how he goes about it & how he was close to producing these sought of performances which have been great for his confidence, its all up now for roughy.
Sewell:One of the players which makes you a good team all well & good getting these talented blokes in the top 10 of the draft but these unheralded blokes are the ones which make you a great team & you just have to admire how he goes about it.
Smith:has turned back the clock in recent times & gives us the poise & experience we need.
Taylor:Another one of the improvers we weren't banking on having such a great season but for us to be a challenger his going to have to continue his from & keep making a contest.
Thorp:Can't wait for him to play his week this kid will be anything & it'll be great for depth if he can make it hard for boyler to get back in.
Vandenberg:On skill his number 38 on our list for leadership & presence his number 1 & thats why he plays when his fit.
Williams:Talking about icing on the cake this is what willow will give us when his fit he'll just give us that added dimension.
Young:Another one who has surprised me he gives great drive & that booming left foot is brilliant still not known weather his physical enough to stand up in a pressure game.

Stats of the team(the 31 players named):Average age:23.48
Average games:76.41.

games:0-25:8, 25-75:10, 75-150:9, 150+:4.

best 22
BP: Guerra Gilham Birchall
HBF: Brown Croad ladson
C: Young Hodge Sewell
HFF: Mcglynn Franklin boyle
FP: Williams Roughead bateman
R: Campbell crawford mitchell
I/C: taylor Vandenberg Lewis Smith
emg: Jacobs osbourne Dixon

back up:clarke murphy thorpe muston renouf ellis

does anybody believe we have the players & experience to win it or are we not good enough/not experienced enough to give it a shake this year

Re: can we win it

Great wrap up there mate agree with it in most parts. Definately think this is a very exciting period for us long suffering and sometimes impatient supporters and personally think we can make a big impression as long as the playing group can get their heads around the fact its still only round 14 and leave the 'what could be's' to us! Go us!

• Banned

haha yea we can rap them up aslong as there not rapping up eachother & teh thing is i believe some blokes not there or not in the best 22 are only a year or 2 away from being in that team & making it better.

haha yea we can rap them up aslong as there not rapping up eachother & teh thing is i believe some blokes not there or not in the best 22 are only a year or 2 away from being in that team & making it better.

oh yeah our kids are the equal of what collingwood has put on show this year its just we havent had to play them as yet! I know all the focus has been on our forward line improving remarkably this season and by god is that true, but the back line is where the improvement has occured, where i thought it would remain a constant headache for a few more years, out of sight. Gilham, even though on the first gamer, was fantastic on sunday and has been all year and well dont need to tell anyone how good birchall is under the pump and hes tassie and we take all the credit for it.

• Banned

yea its great thoe all our youngsters go under the radar i haven't read 1 article or heard anyone rap up birchall or gilham or lewis all the plaudits go to buddy which is great just let these other blokes keep going under the radar.

• Banned

cheers mate i thought i'd try & give some stats because on face value ppl might think were premiers but there is alot of things to considerer

Great post:thumbsu:

Interesting when you look at our depth from last year to this year..to get their you need luck and a fit playing list...AKA West Coke and Swanettes the last couple of years....if we are there with a fit team, we are a silly chance.....:thumbsu:

Excellent post. With our full side in inexperience is the only thing that could hurt us in finals time. We have the team, we just need our heads screwed on the right way on the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work, brookers#5. Quality thread start. Thanks.

Is there anyone who you think will get a game or should be in our 22?

Thurgood to stay in the kid is going to kill it this weekendand hopefully all you guys will eat humble pie!! I want to know if thurgood plays a good match this weekend would you guys even acknowledge it or continue to bag the young fella

I think the kid can play but until he puts on weight he'll never be able to cope at AFL level he just isn't big enough & his style of play means he needs some weight & i think unless there is a known reason or a belief at the club that he'll improve dramatically he'll be off at the end of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we win it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back