Carey or Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Having seen both players entire careers, I can say they were both incredible players.
I remember the build ups to matches back then, there was massive interest on who was going to line up on each of these two superstars, showing just how big a factor both players were.

As a Cats fan I favour Ablett. The atmosphere at those games was absolutely electric. He did things we’d never seen before and possibly not since. He brought so much excitement.

Having said that, I get why others would choose Carey. He was a powerful, consistent match winner.

I count myself lucky to see plenty of them both live. What an era!

So basically we are now saying if you are not a premiership player it changes and marks you down as a player.
Just ridiculous, you could be the greatest player ever but play for the bottom side your whole career.
Bob Skilton , Robbie Flower case in point..

The never ending obsession.

His brain is the Ablett Hotel and between them he only caught a few of Juniors last years at most.

This is bad as us having a bizarre chip on our shoulder about Royce Hart and Jack Dyer.

It’s a Carey v Ablett thread wtf did you want me to post about? 🤣 you’ve got issues.

Geez Falcon, you do this same schtik in every thread. You okay?
I reckon he did it in this thread last year under one of his many previous persona.

His only reason for being on BF is to bag Geelong at every opportunity. It’s cute but so boring. You see his name come up in the feed and you know exactly what he will be saying

I reckon he did it in this thread last year under one of his many previous persona.

His only reason for being on BF is to bag Geelong at every opportunity. It’s cute but so boring. You see his name come up in the feed and you know exactly what he will be saying
Yeah look I really don’t care what a Geelong supporter who saw GAS play in his nappies or wasn’t even born thinks in regards to this thread. Given you think watching replays means nothing I think that you just think he’s better than Carey because your parents told you or it’s just because he played for Geelong.

A sad troll and one to simply put on the Ignore List, which I'm doing now actually (it will try and seek attention otherwise). I've never come across someone so clueless and uninformed on the topics they are obsessed with.

A sad troll and one to simply put on the Ignore List, which I'm doing now actually (it will try and seek attention otherwise). I've never come across someone so clueless and uninformed on the topics they are obsessed with.
You will still read my posts and won’t be able to help yourself. I’ll speak to you again soon 👍

But it’s true. Athletically Carey was far superior and would still dominate today due to this. GAS is a midget in comparison and would most likely get relegated to a second string forward or a graveyard position like small forward/winger.

Carey led his team to flags and as other people have pointed out it is what matters in GOAT debates.

GOATs aren’t losers in any sport which is why GAS doesn’t cut the mustard. I really don’t care how cool his marks were, he simply didn’t achieve enough. It’s not hate it’s a fact.

When you say Carey had superior athleticism, are you talking overall strength, pace, leaping?
I reckon the duck had better endurance but as you can see from the clip below, Ablett clearly had him covered for most of the usual 'athletic' traits

Fosters-Cup,-1990-(Kangaroos)'.gif

Simple question! (If it hasnt already been asked)

If you were screaming out of the centre and kicking to a 1:1 contest. who would you rather have in THAT contest. Ablett or Carey. And if the ball comes to ground, who would get it first??

Both outstanding!!! But for sheer brilliance, it has to be Ablett.

So basically we are now saying if you are not a premiership player it changes and marks you down as a player.
Just ridiculous, you could be the greatest player ever but play for the bottom side your whole career.

Insert average wingman in premiership side>>>>>Robbie Flower

amidoinitrite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah look I really don’t care what a Geelong supporter who saw GAS play in his nappies or wasn’t even born thinks in regards to this thread. Given you think watching replays means nothing I think that you just think he’s better than Carey because your parents told you or it’s just because he played for Geelong.
I took my then 3 year old daughter to see Ablett just so she could tell people in adult life, "I saw Gary Ablett play". My daughter was well and truly out of nappies

Do we expect too much of a 14 year old?

Nahhh!

peregrine-falcon-cam.gif

"Better than Ablett for sure."

Like I've said many times before, this site needs an under 18's area for the special needs kids 🤣🤣🤣 I was responding to someone that said "Dunstall better then both" with "better than Ablett for sure."
No homework today?

And what's with "like I've said many times before"? You only "joined" BF yesterday.

I've heard a lot of Geelong supporters have their say about Dimma's adultery, but I must've missed your opinion, what do you think about the character of the man?

As someone who has openly been adulterous and ruined the lives of myself and those of my family for a time I don’t offer any judgement of anyone when it comes to their personal lives. I hope he learned from what he did and that everyone has moved on from it. Don’t come at me with this Gotcha bullshit you f***king pleb 😂😂😂

Take it easy you fool, my point is why do you think anyone would give a s**t what a dirty bastard like you has to say about them when it comes to footy comments, you know, comments about a game that to you means sweet * all.

You do understand that a person can enjoy something and be knowledgeable about it without it having to consume them to the point of gnashing their teeth over it when someone doesn’t rate their players as the best at it, right?

Just because I don’t go home and sulk for a fortnight when my team loses and I have the capacity to go ‘oh well it’s just a game’ doesn’t mean I don’t know a hell of a lot more than you about it and the same goes for basically anyone you’ve ever engaged with on this forum.

And that’s Mr Dirty Bastard to a mental midget like you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey or Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back