Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

What is Austin going to do now?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith, Lalor, Smillie.

O'Sullivan just doesn't have the production, and looks like a lot of things need to go right for that to change.

Draper just doesn't quite suite our midfield mix, but he could still morph a bit as a player, and happy to keep Adelaide thinking we could go after him.

Langford is someone I would describe as what GWS were hoping they got with Kennedy back in the day, but I'm just not sold on his speed overall despite the fact that he'd break more tackles than most in the AFL.
I don’t think Lalor or Smith will be available.

Explain? I see a Chad Warner clone with his explosive burst movement over the first few steps and lateral side step. His positioning and fingertip ball control seem to be A grade also from my viewing.

What puts you off him?
I think Draper is significantly better defensively. He's a weapon on both sides of the ball.

That said Chad is more of a goal kicker and in general just a more damaging player imo. The power he has is hard to stop at his best.

I think Draper is significantly better defensively. He's a weapon on both sides of the ball.

That said Chad is more of a goal kicker and in general just a more damaging player imo. The power he has is hard to stop at his best.
Sold.

We’ve just sold the farm for one player that might be ok. Don’t see how this is good business but then again, with so many experts around, what do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

‘sold the farm’? Huh?

We have effectively used our first round pick next year to upgrade from 12 to 3 in this year’s draft. This year being the draft almost every expert says is FAR superior not least because next year's draft is dominated by academy kids & is highly compromised.

We have swapped future 2nd round picks with Brisbane so that effectively cancels each other out (given we expect to finish within a similar range).

Not sure what’s to complain about. It’s nothing other than brilliance from Nick Austin.

‘sold the farm’? Huh?

We have effectively used our first round pick next year to upgrade from 12 to 3 in this year’s draft. This year being the draft almost every expert says is FAR superior not least because next year's draft is dominated by academy kids & is highly compromised.

We have swapped future 2nd round picks with Brisbane so that effectively cancels each other out (given we expect to finish within a similar range).

Not sure what’s to complain about. It’s nothing other than brilliance from Nick Austin.
Yes this years draft is deeper than normal … someone I trust told me the hype is way overblown regarding the potential of many at the first round conversation.
There’s question marks over a few that have been mentioned as number 3.

Explain? I see a Chad Warner clone with his explosive burst movement over the first few steps and lateral side step. His positioning and fingertip ball control seem to be A grade also from my viewing.

What puts you off him?
Just feel he struggles to escape after the first 5 metres.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘sold the farm’? Huh?

Spot on great post.
It will be pick 18 next year and pick 12,73 pick this year to get pick 3 , 63 and 66. Will also have a better F2 after we overtake the bears :)

Last year Bulldogs gave up pick 10 , 17 and F1(pick 13) to GC for pick 4 , 46 , 51 and F3

Think the Blues deal is much better than the Bulldogs trade ......

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Back