List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zac Williams, Jack Martin, Mitch McGovern all came for the cash. They even rocked up fat and out of shape when they arrived.

Think most of the boys still love what they bring to the team, just as they would with Stengle if we could afford him.

Stengle could be the difference between a flag or not. You don't pass that up lightly.
Yes to Stengle - young, the best crumbing small in the comp. Exactly what we need beneath H & C.

Why do we need another small forward when Williams is killing it there and we still have Motlop to come in and we have the likes of owies and fog who do a bit of the small forward work as well?
Williams is 30 this year and has played 4 good games as a small forward. When he's our best option of the lot why wouldnt we be considering another small fwd who's at an AA level?

Williams is 30 this year and has played 4 good games as a small forward. When he's our best option of the lot why wouldnt we be considering another small fwd who's at an AA level?
I think we can get another 3-4 years out of Williams.

I also believe we are a good chance to win a coupla flags in that time…

A more pressing issue is signing tdk and weits.

With salary cap squeeze I’m not sure spending $700k on a small forward upgrade is the wisest decision. We still don’t know how good Motlop is going to be with our improved ball movement and f50 entries.

I think we can get another 3-4 years out of Williams.

I also believe we are a good chance to win a coupla flags in that time…

A more pressing issue is signing tdk and weits.

With salary cap squeeze I’m not sure spending $700k on a small forward upgrade is the wisest decision. We still don’t know how good Motlop is going to be with our improved ball movement and f50 entries.
Obviously Weitering and TDK would be a priority over any incoming player, if it were between Weiters or TDK or Stengle we'd always prioritize our own. It's about whether we have the cash for a free agent, which due to the talk of us chasing Hayward earlier in the year may suggest we have some spare $$$.

However I wouldn't be surprised if TDK's breakout the last month means any $ we had planned for him has gone up significantly.

Should be thanking their scouts and coaches. Not the contract guy. The other areas made him look good that simple.
Just don't get this attitude. Whatever situation they got themselves in, he's fixed it in two years. They are the reigning premiers, and have $$$to burn in the salary cap. That's an unbelievable outcome.

A lot of hope resting on Motlop... but he is very much an unproven quantity.

We still have a gap in the small forward role. That gap hasn't suddenly disappeared because of Williams' recent form, as good as it's been. He is 30 in a couple of months and there is that small thing in his history about "getting on the park" (I won't mention the "I" word).

IMO we still have a need for lightning quick, crumbing goalkicker. And one of the best small forwards in the comp happens to be available... and we don't need to give up any draft capital. Bonus! For mine, we gotta go hard after Stengle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just don't get this attitude. Whatever situation they got themselves in, he's fixed it in two years. They are the reigning premiers, and have $$$to burn in the salary cap. That's an unbelievable outcome.
Hate to admit, but what they've done since Guy left has been exemplary. Think a lot of it comes down to Graham Wright.

Why do we need another small forward when Williams is killing it there and we still have Motlop to come in and we have the likes of owies and fog who do a bit of the small forward work as well?
Good point - let’s see how the season unfolds in finals.

Fog isn’t a crumbing goal kicker, Williams plays more like the Martin role, Motlop lacks break away speed & Owies plays more like a HF.

Stengle would provide a very quick, goal kicking crumbing small forward who breaks lines - brilliant by foot up the field & can kick crazy (Eddie- B-like) freaky goals.

Very much the glazing on top!

Would not have been super cheap. Suns pay/paid priority to keep VIC kids. Just hoping reducing that contract length for his indiscretion is not going to cost us too much now he has become an integral part of the team.
I doubt his extension at the Suns would've been on anything too crazy given the amount of games he missed.

Obviously Weitering and TDK would be a priority over any incoming player, if it were between Weiters or TDK or Stengle we'd always prioritize our own. It's about whether we have the cash for a free agent, which due to the talk of us chasing Hayward earlier in the year may suggest we have some spare $$$.

However I wouldn't be surprised if TDK's breakout the last month means any $ we had planned for him has gone up significantly.
I know its a small sample size but we've made some clear advances in the way we play in recent weeks and I don't believe a small forward upgrade is as important as it might have been when we were clearly struggling with f50 entries and little ability to score from turnovers.

The way we are playing now is more about systems rather than individuals. I'm not saying a small forward isnt important but we have enough there atm and they appear to be getting the job done. And we still have motlop to come in. Motlop did show good glimpses before getting injured so Id like to have another look at him under our current game plan and systems.

Im happy to see how we go for remainder of H&A and then deciding where we can improve the list.

Would not have been super cheap. Suns pay/paid priority to keep VIC kids. Just hoping reducing that contract length for his indiscretion is not going to cost us too much now he has become an integral part of the team.
Are you sure? EH and his management would have had a weak negotiation stance, given the news that came out during that timeframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back