Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Any one know what the Campo boys have been up to? Seemingly haven't played for Glenelg for a while.
Any chance they've been put on ice? Most recruiters probably know where they fall now, only risking going undrafted if they played and did a knee say.

Legit Carlton F/S and NGA prospects upcoming

Ben Camporeale F/S - SA u18's Championships - SA MVP/AA Int
Lucas Camporeale F/S - SA u18's Championships

Tyson Gresham NGA
Jack Ison NGA
Harry Dean F/S
Harvey Allan F/S

Cody Walker F/S (Richmond NGA) - Vic Country u16's Championships - VC MVP/AA Mid

Riley Scotland F/S
Ahmad Abdallah NGA

Lukas Koutoufides F/S
Darcy Johnstone F/S

Arli Walker F/S
Oscar Judd F/S (West Coast F/S)
Tyler Scotland F/S

Lewis Betts F/S (Adelaide F/S)
Is it too early to put T-bird's son, Will, on the watchlist?

Currently playing U14s for Blackburn and played league rep footy this year.

Carlton fans should already be excited by the emergence of father-daughter selection Sophie McKay, who once again showed that she is a likely player for the future.
McKay loves the big stage and despite a heavily strapped quad, was able to assert herself on the contest with power and burst as she usually does.

The daughter of Carlton legend Andrew and sister of current Blues star Abbie, McKay spent significant periods of the game playing forward, but that only adds another string to her bow.
One of her best assets is her versatility and ability to impact the game all over the ground, which should hold her in good stead when she steps up to the big time.

Legit Carlton F/S and NGA prospects upcoming

Ben Camporeale F/S - SA u18's Championships - SA MVP/AA Int
Lucas Camporeale F/S - SA u18's Championships

Tyson Gresham NGA
Jack Ison NGA
Harry Dean F/S
Harvey Allan F/S

Cody Walker F/S (Richmond NGA) - Vic Country u16's Championships - VC MVP/AA Mid

Riley Scotland F/S
Ahmad Abdallah NGA

Lukas Koutoufides F/S
Darcy Johnstone F/S

Arli Walker F/S
Oscar Judd F/S (West Coast F/S)
Tyler Scotland F/S

Lewis Betts F/S (Adelaide F/S)

I hear that Brad Fisher’s and Sam Rowe’s sons are guns as well.

;)

I hear that Brad Fisher’s and Sam Rowe’s sons are guns as well.

;)
Dont You Dare The Office GIF by hero0fwar

If the Tasmanian team enters the VFL competition in 2027? will they have access to the National Draft end of '26?(with lots of top picks)
And is this the same draft that we'll require a good pick also, to select Cody?
Will this affect our chances?
It seems likely they will given picks and additional cap space to negotiate trades and free agency moves, i.e. some picks they receive will only be given under the proviso they are traded largely for players.

The vastly bigger impact the cost of acquiring Cody is the upcoming bidding system changes.

It seems likely they will given picks and additional cap space to negotiate trades and free agency moves, i.e. some picks they receive will only be given under the proviso they are traded largely for players.

The vastly bigger impact the cost of acquiring Cody is the upcoming bidding system changes.
Say for example, Tassie gets the first 10 picks and our first is around 26 to 28.
And Cody is the best player in the draft, likely to get a bid around 1 or 2.
Will there be a need to stockpile 2025's first pick in order to obtain him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say for example, Tassie gets the first 10 picks and our first is around 26 to 28.
And Cody is the best player in the draft, likely to get a bid around 1 or 2.
Will there be a need to stockpile 2025's first pick in order to obtain him?
That won’t happen.
They’re not going to get high draft picks for kids who have to spend a year in the VFL. It might be something like they get access to sign 17 year olds a year out (ie kids who would be in the 2027 draft).

Haven’t seen this posted here.
The changes from 2025 onward:

The new DVI will see points allocated up until the end of the natural third round. (Link to new DVI model)

A 10% discount will be applied on all bids from selection 1 to 18 followed by an 84-point deduction (being 10% of selection 18) for all bids from selection 19 to 36.

Matching a bid - first round: Matched using equivalent DVI points.

Matching a bid - after first-round:

Matched using equivalent DVI points up to selection 36.

Match with next selection from selection 37.

Neither Campo boy in Cal Twoomey's Top 30 Draft Prospects.

Good from an acquisition perspective but maybe questions on the value they will bring to us???
Ben will be a quality defensive mid. Probably one of the better ones to come through the draft in recent memory, but how much value do those players really have in the modern game?

I think around 30 for Ben is accurate, but if he does find another weapon in his offensive craft he could be a massive steal. Elite work rate, imo best handballer in the draft, great tackler and seems very intelligent on the field... He just can't kick to save himself. How much improvement can he make in that aspect? That's really the only question on him imo.

Ben will be a quality defensive mid. Probably one of the better ones to come through the draft in recent memory, but how much value do those players really have in the modern game?

I think around 30 for Ben is accurate, but if he does find another weapon in his offensive craft he could be a massive steal. Elite work rate, imo best handballer in the draft, great tackler and seems very intelligent on the field... He just can't kick to save himself. How much improvement can he make in that aspect? That's really the only question on him imo.
Cant kick to save himself is a bit rich. He’s an okay kick. Just not elite. His position that he plays puts his kicking under slot of pressure. He will have a kicking efficiency very much similar to the likes of Tom Mitchell Adam treloar Dylan Shiel dusty martin and Patrick Dangerfield.

Cant kick to save himself is a bit rich. He’s an okay kick. Just not elite. His position that he plays puts his kicking under slot of pressure. He will have a kicking efficiency very much similar to the likes of Tom Mitchell Adam treloar Dylan Shiel dusty martin and Patrick Dangerfield.
No, he's a bad kick. A much worse kick than any of the players you named too.

Ben has a fundamental flaw in his action and it's very clear to the eye when one watches him play, he's just got an awful ball drop. I'm talking first year Mason Cox levels.

On ball winning ability alone Ben would be close to a top 10 pick in this draft, but recruiters know his kicking will be an issue at the next level and thus his lower ranking.

If he fixes that he'd be a fantastic hindsight type story, but for the time being it's the biggest knock on his game by a long way.

If you looked at the under 18 championships this year l would say ben was probably the worst kick l saw, excluding ruckman and key position players.

I also thought he was a low impact per possession player. He might rack 30 disposals but have limited impact.

This isn’t to say he can’t get better but he’s got plenty to work on. On the plus side looks like a very good runner and has a real dip. Looks very determined.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

A runner who finds a lot of the footy is a need for our midfield right now in fairness.

If his kicking isn't at elite levels then ok we can work around it. Tom Mitchell won a brownlow despite not knowing which part of the ball you're supposed to kick, so Ben can still have a positive impact.

I've said it a few times in here, but I'm perfectly okay with where Bens at. To me he's a Rowbottom type with potential to be something more if he fixes his kicking.

If he doesn't, he's still hopefully going to surround Walsh, Cody and Cerra for another 10 years and be the in and under type who does the dirty work for them to hopefully provide the silk and damage.

Add to that another young mid or two and hopefully he can provide the crucial defensive work that allows others to shine.

I am a hard task master regarding disposals, but I am far less critical of Ben’s kicking than some are. If you actually put the eye test to his connection during championship games, it was well up there. Yes, he is not classic, but largely effective. The position he plays relates a lot of bombing (see Walshy). He is arguably “elite” by hand, has a great work rate and built for the tough stuff. Extractor and sweeper, will be a solid piece.

I am a hard task master regarding disposals, but I am far less critical of Ben’s kicking than some are. If you actually put the eye test to his connection during championship games, it was well up there. Yes, he is not classic, but largely effective. The position he plays relates a lot of bombing (see Walshy). He is arguably “elite” by hand, has a great work rate and built for the tough stuff. Extractor and sweeper, will be a solid piece.
Dunkley doesn't have the best kicking style but he's very effective. I see similarities with Ben.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back