Meltdown Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

They have no reason to be, our club delivers for them year after year, no extended periods at the bottom or out of finals

They should be very satisfied with an overflowing drawer full of participation ribbons, enjoying the game regularly like you are now
Those participating ribbons are mounting up, damn, even Fitzroy had a better GF win rate than the Pies

There are two types of Carlton supporters:
1. Those who have seen flags, are approaching senility, and have been miserable for two decades, and
2. Those who haven't forgiven their parents for making them barrack for Carlton.
Very thankful of my parents, imagine living a full life with only 2 flags

Time you got with the program.

It will be part of the AFL vernacular before the end of this finals series.

Pretty sure it needs to be said by more than one person to be considered "part of the AFL vernacular"

Think it's less less likely to come to fruition than your preseason prediction for Carlton, which we already know was way off.

Oh, it has.
Never heard it before today. One person, two people, the point remains.

Colliwobbles is part of football vernacular.

And be patient...

Nothing to do with patience, no amount of patience will result in Carlton finishing where you said they would.

For someone who gloats so much about being right, it sure seems to hurt you when you are wrong. A bit sad you can't admit it, but I get that trolls don't usually like to admit they're wrong. They tend to just move on.

Nothing to do with patience, no amount of patience will result in Carlton finishing where you said they would.

For someone who gloats so much about being right, it sure seems to hurt you when you are wrong. A bit sad you can't admit it, but I get that trolls don't usually like to admit they're wrong. They tend to just move on.
You're clearly not familiar with Fly's Grand plan.

Letting Carlton beat us in a meaningless game for Collingwood.

Fly talking up Crazy Vossy for coach of the year.

It's quite ingenious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently if we wait we can still finish 11th

I get that we won a final from 9th so anything is possible, but that seems a bridge too far.
The waiting part of it was about Blueshakes being part of the AFL vernacular.

But come to think of it, we've been told by Carlton supporters for the past decade that if you're not first, you might as we be last.

So let's wait a week or so to see how Carlton's season ends.

The waiting part of it was about Blueshakes being part of the AFL vernacular.
Right. Happy to wait.

I'm thinking maybe you don't understand what the word vernacular actually means.

So let's wait a week or so to see how Carlton's season ends.

Why?

Regardless of whether it ends this weekend or next, you will have still been wrong. Right?

Cool, so we finish 11th if that happens?
There was actually a fine line between Carlton finishing 5th and 11th:
1. Dissentgate against GWS
2. Fly's ingenious plan
3. Fingernailgate against Melbourne
4. Anderson's late miss in the Gold Coast game

Lose 2 of those 4 and I'm correct as usual.

Conversely, if you were a game and percentage clear on top of the ladder (for example), you'd have a point.

Last edited:
There was actually a fine line between Carlton finishing 5th and 11th:
1. Dissentgate against GWS
2. Fly's ingenious plan
3. Fingernailgate against Melbourne

How come you're reluctant to answer the question?

I'd suggest you're trolling, but we all know you don't like that.

By the way, do a search for the term 'Blueshake' in Bigfooty, you might be surprised...

Just did. Less than 100 references to it. Many by yourself and Corn Cob, just as many with people laughing at you both for making up such a term.

So again, not sure you know what "vernacular" actually means.

Oh, and just saw you decided to edit an earlier post in an attempt to cover your tracks. But nope, you're still wrong, except now it's with the extra embarrassment of trying to double down on it without someone else noticing. You're struggling Fudge, but not only that, you're slipping too. :$

Colliwobbles.
Laid to rest over 30 years ago when they triumphed after 32 years. There hasn’t been a Colliwobbles or choke since then, and have enjoyed another premiership recently. Might add another this year to put us in our rightful place as #1. We’re already #1 in everything else.

Just did. Less than 100 references to it. Many by yourself and Corn Cob, just as many with people laughing at you both for making up such a term.

So again, not sure you know what "vernacular" actually means.

Oh, and just saw you decided to edit an earlier post in an attempt to cover your tracks. But nope, you're still wrong, except now it's with the extra embarrassment of trying to double down on it without someone else noticing. You're struggling Fudge, but not only that, you're slipping too. :$
Every word has to start somewhere.

100 references in the first week? Watch it grow exponentially...

Remove this Banner Ad

Meltdown Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back