News Carlton considering Robertson

Remove this Banner Ad

He will be playing FF at Carlton next year odds on.
Fact are at pick 11 in the PSD we are not going to be able to get a high profile uncontracted player.
He fits our needs, will play in minimum wage + bonuses.

So if it works ++
if it doesnt....well we dont really lose out on anything

Fantastic news! :thumbsu:

Have been a strong supporter of getting Robbo to the club and I'd love to see it happen.

We need forward options capable of kicking 30-40 goals per season and that's exactly what Robbo is.

He's an excitement machine and would be able to contribute significantly on the scoreboard even if it is for only 2 years, so I'd be all for it.

Make it hapen, Blues!

As long as he drags 2-3 defenders his way, this could work...
Not sure he has that much respest now ???
Our crumbers could provide plenty, we just need a lump of
something that will upset man on man.....

Betts is already having a huge impact on our small forwards,
and is it me, but has all of this thown Fisher the biggest
luckiest chance as a forward since Ringo took over from
Pete Best ?? Or did we fling Fish too ???

I really don't get why there are some out there who are so opposed to getting Robbo to the club. He brings three things to the club.

1. Experience, and a proven goal kicker
2. Helps fill the goal scoring void left by Fevola
3. Will take some pressure off the development of the younger forwards

He's not part of the long term future of the club, but getting such a great bloke into the club can't hurt.

Selfish footballer.
Got dropped for lairising earlier in the season.
Has lost his pace.
Zero defensive pressure.
Delisted by the wooden spooners.

Enough said...

DO NOT WANT

It's not simply about him kicking 'x' amount of goals, his lack of effort and inability to get to contests are going to cause turnovers that hurt us the other way around. He isn't a kpp so would rather get games into Robinson or someone of that ilk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For It.

For the reasons stated above. And If he gets himself in top nick. Average 2 goals a game. Melbourne didn't delist him because he wasn't up to it. They delisted him because at 30, and with their young list he was never going to be part of their future plans.

That's why Melbourne with a young forwardline dumped this great foil who will take a good opponent and give them breathing space to develop...

Sometimes I wonder...

Melbourne have clearly gone way down the youth track, and this is fairly obvious to see over the past couple of seasons. I don't think any of us are expecting Robbo to kick plenty should he get drafted to Carlton, but he could quite easily get to 20 goals, which is 20 goals we don't have right now.

Bringing him to the club doesn't mean we are keeping a young kid out either, given that we have no talls that are really developing with the Bullants. And he shouldn't be played at the expense of say Kreuzer playing in the forward line.

I would have also thought that, given that Robbo is training very hard right now by himself would at least give you some confidence he is giving himself every opportunity to be as fit and injury free come the PSD.

Well I guess you could take "never say never" a lot of ways.

Journo's know there is only one thing better than non-commital and that's a flat out denial.........HUN at its "off-season" best.

I'll bet some bums are sore today after being "scooped" by the Daily Telegraph" on the Bradshaw story.

Ouch!

Robertson hasn't played a full season since 2006 after tearing his achilles last year.

Shall we ask Nathan Brown to trial as well? :eek:

Carlton could have two more forwards plus Henderson and Tiller to play in the VFL ahead of Robertson next year.

Yet at least he's training hard...

Just like anyone who wants to make it onto an AFL list. :confused:

Carlton state that we'll consider Robertson on Tuesday, yet everyone thinks this means we'll recruit another 31 year old forward.

It's time to develop our own forwards.

If Melbourne can see the writing on the wall, why can't Carlton fans?

Henderson has been in the system longer than Watts and should be ready to go for next year.

I'd rather play Yarran out of the square like Mark Williams than pick Robertson to be a foil for our forwards. Robertson is an awful stop gap solution after Bradshaw decided to become a Swan. Rabbles and wooden spoon sides just don't let good players go for free if they're any good.

Pass.

Selfish footballer.
Got dropped for lairising earlier in the season.
Has lost his pace.
Zero defensive pressure.
Delisted by the wooden spooners.

Enough said...

There's a few reasons there (HBF) and i'd add concerns over body to that list.

If we did take him it better be a year and performance-based.

Taking Robbo could also see the development of our new forward structure delayed as he's played deep forward ahead of others who will hopefully produce there as part of our next premiership team. :confused:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ussell-robertson/story-e6frf9jf-1225791115286

"CARLTON could yet make a shock move for sacked Melbourne forward Russell Robertson. "

:eek::confused:

Ha Ha what a funny man that Icke is if true wasn't he was part of the Freo heave ho hit me down low we are the freo shockers.The club with a anchor that anchors down the bottom now this lol. Melbourne have had the worse playing list since Fitzroy last year and we after someone delisted by that spud of a club the Demons who isn't under 24.

I'm for Brock and Buckley they can give us service for many years if they have injury runs there is no point for Robertson that's just desperate in my opinion.

There's a few reasons there (HBF) and i'd add concerns over body to that list.

If we did take him it better be a year and performance-based.

Taking Robbo could also see the development of our new forward structure delayed as he's played deep forward ahead of others who will hopefully produce there as part of our next premiership team. :confused:

Additionally, the whole idea that he was only delisted because of his age is a load of garbage.

If he was still any good he'd still be a Melbourne player, Bruce and Mcdonald are still playing on next year because obviously they provide some sort of value. If he could kick 40 goals in a year as well as provide a foil for their young forwards like Watts and Jurrah there is no way they'd be getting rid of him.

It's not like he's been the ultimate team player his whole career, we just got rid of a selfish player so why replace him with another one?

Turn back the clock 3 years and I'd say go for it, but he is not the right kind of 'experienced' player to be bringing into this group. He wouldn't be able to provide the same kind of leadership Bradshaw could which is why I supported us chasing him instead.

Why would Carlton recruit Robertson? When we a have Kruezer and Henderson who can both play forward. Don't need him.

Kreuzer at FF and Henderson CHF and hopefully Butcher falls to pick 12
Butcher would be nice,might be having a poor season but could be good or something else that i won't mention in case.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Carlton considering Robertson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back