List Mgmt. Carlton Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Cerra would be a good acquisition but where is the benefit above a short term sugar hit when
a) pick 6 is likely a top player anyway on 30% salary
b) the 700k salary pushes another good player out the door in 2 years time. We will need the 700k to keep Mckay and Walsh
Short term? Adam Cerra is 22yrs old, has shown good potential is not a flimsy physique at 187cm /86 Kg and unlike a few in our team,
he’s a balanced quality young midfielder.
We desperately need a young Ruckman too , essential to maximize our midfield.

Short term? Adam Cerra is 22yrs old, has shown good potential is not a flimsy physique at 187cm /86 Kg and unlike a few in our team,
he’s a balanced quality young midfielder.
We desperately need a young Ruckman too , essential to maximize our midfield.
Yep...read my post, I read yours and realised how badly we need SOS back

To offer a top 10 pick for Tomlinson, to offer a Shiel or Coniglio $7mil contracts, to pay a third tall like McGovern $800k PA etc….
They all make mistakes
Liddle or Teague did Mgovern
Shiel and Cogs did not happen.
Tell me how we have enough cap space to pay walsh and mckay before we do another
Cain Liddle special and flog the farm for Cerra like he did for Williams because this can all end in losing better players down the track. Luckily there is a great chance SoS will be back to temper the deal junkies.

Isn't Mirkov (?) that 'young' ruckman?

With Jones' age, and Marchbank's injuries, it's either time to send McGov back or draft a Gibcus type or trade in one?

Number 6 must be used not traded, I'd offer up either next year's first round pick, or a choice of Fisher or SPS and a swap of second round picks...

To offer a top 10 pick for Tomlinson, to offer a Shiel or Coniglio $7mil contracts, to pay a third tall like McGovern $800k PA etc….
They all make mistakes
To believe the Herald Sun on contract numbers

Think Cal Twomey was taking about them possibly adding a ‘new’ type of rookie… Cat C or Cat R or something… for longer term project players above a certain height.

Basically so you can put an extra ruck (or key position player) to develop over a few years and it’s effectively outside the cap/list restrictions.

Hopefully that starts this off season.

The way we a throwing our top 10 picks away, we will be rebuilding in 3 years time again. NFI.

Throwing them away? I take it you mean Saad and Cerra? Or do you mean Dow, SPS, LOB and to a degree Setters, we did bid on him at 5?

How is it throwing away picks, if you get quality players? Cerra for example, top 3 in Fremantles B&F in his third season, compared to SPS and Setterfield, not best 22 in their 5th season, what about Dow, geez, not in the best 22 year 4, LOB 6 games in his last two seasons, despite being injury free.

Using pick 6 to get Cerra, is throwing the pick away, but if we used pick 3 on him instead of Dow, it would be good drafting?

Does no one else see how stupid that sounds?

To believe the Herald Sun on contract numbers

Sure there is a bit of mayo on those, but we were up to our necks in to Shiel (private jet), Cognilio (AFL conspiracy), Tomlinson was over the line, according to many here and Govs contract has been reported as around $700,000 per year, at 5 years.

Which part are you disputing?

Think Cal Twomey was taking about them possibly adding a ‘new’ type of rookie… Cat C or Cat R or something… for longer term project players above a certain height.

Nek minnit AFL confirms the cut off is Alex Mirkov +1cm...

:p

I don’t think a team in our position can afford to go 2 years in a row without a 1st round pick, we will risk have a massive hole in talent in 4 or 5 years time.. if we give up 6 for Cerra, it must some how give us an ability to trade back into the first round.

We’ve got 2 x 1st rounders in ‘16 (Setters & SPS), ‘18 (Walsh & Stocker) & ‘19 (Kemp & Philp) with 3 x 1sts in ‘17 (Dow, LOB & Fogarty + potentially Cerra for #4).
Adding on 5 x 1st rounders from ‘15 with Weiters, McKay, Charlie, MK & DC.

We shouldn’t be too concerned with the 1st rounders but needing to collect & develop talent from the later rounds & rookie draft. Though happy with the prospects of Honey, Owies & TDK.

We’ve got the depth of the 1st rounders, some others need to be fit/uninjured and follow the course of Weiters, Walsh & H.

Throwing them away? I take it you mean Saad and Cerra? Or do you mean Dow, SPS, LOB and to a degree Setters, we did bid on him at 5?

How is it throwing away picks, if you get quality players? Cerra for example, top 3 in Fremantles B&F in his third season, compared to SPS and Setterfield, not best 22 in their 5th season, what about Dow, geez, not in the best 22 year 4, LOB 6 games in his last two seasons, despite being injury free.

Using pick 6 to get Cerra, is throwing the pick away, but if we used pick 3 on him instead of Dow, it would be good drafting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liddle or Teague did Mgovern
Shiel and Cogs did not happen.
Tell me how we have enough cap space to pay walsh and mckay before we do another
Cain Liddle special and flog the farm for Cerra like he did for Williams because this can all end in losing better players down the track. Luckily there is a great chance SoS will be back to temper the deal junkies.
Liddle who wasn’t at the club and Teague who was an assistant coach made the deal for McGovern? Yes we didn’t get the others which was dumb luck and not because of SOS didn’t want to do it.
I don’t know maybe move on the guys who are not getting a game who are on $300-400k, that way it might only be an extra ~$250-300k in the salary cap and we actually get a bloody good player rather then a depth player. If we produce our own players as good as him they are still going to be demanding ~$600k anyway.

Liddle who wasn’t at the club and Teague who was an assistant coach made the deal for McGovern? Yes we didn’t get the others which was dumb luck and not because of SOS didn’t want to do it.
I don’t know maybe move on the guys who are not getting a game who are on $300-400k, that way it might only be an extra ~$250-300k in the salary cap and we actually get a bloody good player rather then a depth player. If we produce our own players as good as him they are still going to be demanding ~$600k anyway.
That’s why both SPS and Setterfield are good trade options. Both would be on good money and it doesn’t hurt our list to lose them imo.

Cerra would be a good acquisition but where is the benefit above a short term sugar hit when
a) pick 6 is likely a top player anyway on 30% salary
b) the 700k salary pushes another good player out the door in 2 years time. We will need the 700k to keep Mckay and Walsh
I’m nervous about our salary cap also in future years. Hopefully the Williams deal doesn’t come back to bite us.

One positive is its looking like everyone will accept not more than 800k following Cripps example which will help us keep our list together.

McGov big dollars will be off the books next year
Murph, Betts off this year.
Williams is the one if the $800k figure is true

I don’t think a team in our position can afford to go 2 years in a row without a 1st round pick, we will risk have a massive hole in talent in 4 or 5 years time.. if we give up 6 for Cerra, it must some how give us an ability to trade back into the first round.

We have more first round picked players on our list than any other club, I doubt it will be an issue.

I’m nervous about our salary cap also in future years. Hopefully the Williams deal doesn’t come back to bite us.

One positive is its looking like everyone will accept not more than 800k following Cripps example which will help us keep our list together.

Gov has 2 more years unfortunately.

As a "backyard salary cap expert", I assume Mgovern's salary goes to pay for the increases to walsh, mckay and weitering. How do you pay for Cerra?

Overpaying Williams and Saad a combined ~$300k too much can easily be offset by having a rookie instead of a player producing as much as someone like Setterfield, SPS or Marchbank on the list.

Sure there is a bit of mayo on those, but we were up to our necks in to Shiel (private jet), Cognilio (AFL conspiracy), Tomlinson was over the line, according to many here and Govs contract has been reported as around $700,000 per year, at 5 years.

Which part are you disputing?
What people think we were going to pay for Tomlinson in picks, and generally how contract numbers are reported.

Pick 8 = Saad
Pick 6 + SPS = Cerra

You don’t believe that is throwing picks away? Now show me how stupid that sounds?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Carlton Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back