Carlton Exposed

Remove this Banner Ad

What did you think about the look into their match committee? I was a bit surprised, it was like they were reading out a bigfooty thread.

im not sure if they were dumbing it all down for the cameras,
but the depth of assessing afl players and a game of afl was poor

"we've tried tagging swan without much luck so i think we'll tag pendlebury instead"

AND THAT WAS ALL THEY SAID!
Ratten looked like he was going to burst into tears for some reason too

I think the game by Carlton was their absolute best, but the game by Collingwood was not their absolute best.
No doubt Carlton are on the rise but I think the gap is far wider than last nights result

Nope. Murphy barely fired a shot, we are missing our 2nd best KPF and KPD and our best ruckman. Meanwhile the Pies are short their FB and that is really all.

Not the best we have played, that was against Geelong last year when we beat them to every ball and fought hard for the win. Stop pumping up Collingwood by putting us down. You played your B game and won, we played our B+ game and lost

im not sure if they were dumbing it all down for the cameras,
but the depth of assessing afl players and a game of afl was poor

"we've tried tagging swan without much luck so i think we'll tag pendlebury instead"

AND THAT WAS ALL THEY SAID!
Ratten looked like he was going to burst into tears for some reason too

Yeah they were either putting a show on for the cameras or they're not worth what they're getting paid. Some of the stuff they discussed was very, very basic like "Uh, they tackle a lot, we should probably tackle a lot as well"

Just watched the game again, we have improved pleasingly. Margin was close to the mark and a true reflection. Its early days, next time round we can bring that into a couple of goals I'd think.

I think the game by Carlton was their absolute best, but the game by Collingwood was not their absolute best.
No doubt Carlton are on the rise but I think the gap is far wider than last nights result

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion? Collingwood had everything to play for and had a full-strength side out there last night (arguably Dick could come in). Partner is a Collingwood supporter and she was genuinely worried last night - said she now reckons Carlton are one of the teams Collingwood will have to watch out for this year. Let's see how we go later in the year and we hopefully meet you with Kreuzer, Henderson and Bower in that side.

I thought the margin flattered them in the end tbh. I was hoping they could put a dent in Collingwood and eek out a win.

They were once again carried by Judd and a few of their top 6.

Garlett's great game made it even more embarrassing for Eddie Betts. Eddie looked to be going at half pace, fumbled consistently and packed his dacks on more than one occassion.

Not sure what Eddie is like in other pressure games but from memory he tends to crumble?

Yarran crumbled under pressure a few times also but he's got time to iron that out. Don't know why the commentators keep on harping about Yarran when he's yet to play one really good game at AFL and hasn't even strung together a few good games!

Jarrad Waite is still a seriously dumb footballer. Does 1 or 2 good things but makes so many mistakes you want to pull your hair out. You can't rely on him as your forward as you'll never get a consistent 4 quarter effort.

The bottom 6 got exposed by the Collingwood machine. That guy Duigan looked so far out of his depth it was like watching a suburban footballer given a charity game at AFL level.

Carlton defence looks solid enough with Jamison and Bower to come back. Ruck stocks look good too.

I think what it showed last night is how far Carlton are away from Collingwood and they are not a team that can challenge. I walked away thinking Carlton aren't even a top 4 side.

I'm looking forward to Sadzac day where the Pies give you a 100 point thumping.

Seriously what is it with all these Essendon idiots that think they have a top 4 team?

What did you think about the look into their match committee? I was a bit surprised, it was like they were reading out a bigfooty thread.

You'd assume that what was allowed to be filmed was at best general overviews and common knowledge. Surely no club would expose their inner-most tactics and thoughts on camera...

Your kidding right? We played ok but we were as far from our best as Collingwood was and we were missing 4 starting 18 players. There was alot to like suggesting top 4 is more likely than not but there were also some sloppy moments that cost us the opportunity to get into a winning position. But it's early days and the main perpetrators will be moved out of the team when the above mentioned 4 come back.

We matched gthe pies early i really think we just ran out of puff. thats a fitness problem we need to address before the finals at the end of the season. We can only inprove from there. We should have stuck to playing them one on one we would have beaten them ... Judd another 3 brownlow votes from last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We matched gthe pies early i really think we just ran out of puff. thats a fitness problem we need to address before the finals at the end of the season. We can only inprove from there. We should have stuck to playing them one on one we would have beaten them ... Judd another 3 brownlow votes from last night.

It's all about individual awards down Carlton way:rolleyes:

Everybody on the planet agrees that Judd will get three votes given to him.

Pies were in cruise control last night. It will be a 10 goal loss for Blues next time around. With or without Kreuzer et al

anyone got footage of that dude who had the Carlton players in a tight huddle just before they ran out? Who was that dude? He had the paper in his hand obviosuly screaming out "look at the tipsters, nobody is giving you a chance, nobody is respecting you......? hahaha he was screaming his James Nitties off. That was hilarious. Thought he was going to start pushing players up against the lockers.

I was at the game and whilst I thought Carlton were pretty good, the OP has a few valid points.

Gibbs and Murphy were pretty disappointing for players of their calibre - they have both played close to or over 100 games, they just don't damage high quality opposition enough.

Lack of a key forward is really costing Carlton, Hampson is a liability, just not a footballer for mine. Waite is ok when he gets a run at it but doesn't really have a presence that most good key forwards do. Besides, they both can't kick for goal to save themselves. They really need to do whatever it takes to fast track Henderson.

Pains me to say it but this was the best I've seen carlton play in a long, long time. They aren't to our standard yet but it might not be long before they make us all sick in the guts again.
Stupid thread, especially considering the OP was potting Collingwood only few days ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Exposed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back